The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Great Article.

Great Article.

Post by BazSpur on Wed Aug 21 2013, 07:27

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Re: Great Article.

Post by vis on Wed Aug 21 2013, 08:11

Very good article Baz, and I do wonder do we actually need Bale anymore? The way things are looking, to me at least, we will still have him because I think Mudrid have played poker with no money left to bluff with! My true belief is that AVB is starting to build a team in his image. And maybe, just maybe, his image doesn't include a player such as Bale? It may be one that not many of us will recognise given the width and pace of the last few seasons but I do think it is one, developing, that AVB wants and will play to his style and tactical know how. There will be some who question a more paitient build up. In fact will scream for the quick release of a fleet footed front runner. But it may well be one that can compete for trophies and remain consistent at the highest level . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by BazSpur on Wed Aug 21 2013, 08:35

Make you right Vis. AVB's Spurs remind me of Liverpool of old. The patient build up played from the back through midfield probing and looking for weaknesses drawing opposition players out of position.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by totalytot on Wed Aug 21 2013, 17:10

With or without Bale AVB at the end of the transfer window will have what could be our strongest side ever since the premier started.

He's been given the ammunition and the army now lets see if he can win the war.

I still have reservations about his ability at the top level and his tactics and style but I hope he shows us he is the manager that we want him to be and brings us the success that all us Spurs supporters crave.

I think your right Vis about the style of our football will change. It probably wont be the fast open play that we have been used to in past seasons. But we want success in all things and on a regular basis not just a one season wonder, so if his style of play can bring us that then I'm all for it.

Lets put those fkuers down the road away for a long long time. This could be OUR TIME!!!

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24 2017, 05:38