The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptyTue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptyThu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Swansea City Home match Thread EmptyWed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Swansea City Home match Thread Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Swansea City Home match Thread

vis
    vis

Swansea City Home match Thread Empty Swansea City Home match Thread

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:39

Swansea City Home match Thread 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg  Versus  Swansea City Home match Thread 240px-Swansea_City_AFC_logo.svg

At

Swansea City Home match Thread Z

Swansea City Home match Thread 128px-Premier_League.svg

Sunday 25th August 2013.
    Kick Off @ 1600hrs BST.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis
    vis

Swansea City Home match Thread Empty Re: Swansea City Home match Thread

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:57

Swansea City Home match Thread 9k=  Swansea City Home match Thread Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkranrBnyFJ7ov1iCJ3NxxCaXv28g4GmnIkrD-XM9AhVmBOq8ODg

Swansea City Home match Thread 2Q==  Swansea City Home match Thread Z

Swansea City Home match Thread 2Q==  Swansea City Home match Thread 2Q==
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Aug 23 2013, 05:58

Swansea's official webpage . . . .

http://www.swanseacity.net/

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Sat Aug 24 2013, 05:57

Don't forget your predictions for the Swansea game . . . .

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Aug 25 2013, 06:01

Tottenham hope to have Aaron Lennon and Jan Vertonghen back after they missed the Europa League clash with Dinamo Tbilisi on Thursday.

Emmanuel Adebayor and Lewis Holtby remain on the sidelines, and Gareth Bale's sale to Real Madrid is imminent.

Swansea's Nathan Dyer will again be missing because of the hamstring injury he sustained against Manchester United.

Ben Davies could come back in to the side after sitting out the Europa League tie with Petrolul Ploiesti.
    MATCH PREVIEW

Tottenham have never lost at home to Swansea in the league and on the evidence of the opening day's fixtures they'll maintain that proud record with ease.

Chairman Daniel Levy has astutely gone about his business once it became clear that Gareth Bale wanted to go to Real Madrid. He's softened the blow for fans by bringing in exciting new players before the actual departure of the Welsh wizard.

Roberto Soldado followed in the footsteps of Tottenham legends Clive Allen, Jermain Defoe, Jimmy Greaves, Martin Peters, Ricky Villa and John White by scoring on his debut. He's banged in 16 in his last 14 games for club and country and will trouble a Swansea defence that caved in against Manchester United.

Nacer Chadli can be a bag of tricks down the wing. Paulinho is a giant box-to-box midfield athlete, although he didn't hit his Confederations Cup highs on his Spurs debut, and Etienne Capoue is a solid central midfielder.

The return of Danny Rose gives them more pace at left back and, with more signings to come, Tottenham's season looks full of promise. For me, it's only a matter of time before they start genuinely challenging for the title even without Bale.

Like so many sides before them, Swansea's league form has dipped since winning the League Cup with just two victories from 12 Premier outings.

Although that's relegation form, I can't see them having any real trouble as long as they hold to Ashley Williams and Michu. The Welshman is the only really composed centre-back in their ranks and the Spaniard can only benefit from the arrival of the battleship Bony up front.

European football will be an exciting distraction, but they must get early league points on the board.

I can't see them returning with anything from the Lane though. Tottenham's squad is big enough to deal with two big games in four days. Swansea's resources will be stretched thinner.
    MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Swansea have never won a league match at White Hart Lane in 15 attempts, losing 13 and drawing two.
    Swansea last beat Tottenham in the league in October 1982, a 2-0 victory at Vetch Field.
    They have only met eight times in the top flight. Spurs have won five and Swansea two,

Tottenham

Tottenham have lost just two Premier League matches since 9 December 2012. Those defeats came in back-to-back matches against Liverpool and Fulham in March.
    Roberto Soldado's goal against Crystal Palace means he has now scored 11 goals in his last nine league matches.
    The penalty he scored against Palace was the first Tottenham had been awarded in the league since 6 May 2012.
    Against Palace, Spurs became the first team to field three Belgians in a Premier League starting line-up. One of those players, Jan Vertonghen, scored in both matches against Swansea last season.

Swansea

The Swans' 4-1 defeat to Manchester United on the opening day was the most goals they had conceded at home in a Premier League match.
    In six away league matches in London last season, Swansea won three and lost three.
    Only Aston Villa (two) had fewer league goals scored by a substitute than Swansea (three) last season. The Swans' only goal of this season so far came from a substitute, Wilfried Bony.

Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus on Mon Aug 26 2013, 02:09

Link http://www.stadium-live.com/Channel3.html
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Aug 26 2013, 04:03

Only another 36 of those and we WILL win the league lmao .
    I will take that every week. Spurs 1 V 0 Opposistion; Soldado (pen) . . . .

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Aug 26 2013, 04:09

we need to get closer to soldado hes being wasted feeding of scraps.

this is still a learning curve for players to know how each other play.

2 clean sheets is a bonus as we know how rare them are.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Aug 26 2013, 06:21

Swansea City Home match Thread _69480616_soldado_getty

Roberto Soldado's fourth goal in three games helped Tottenham to a deserved win over Swansea.

The home side went close when visiting defender Ashley Williams headed against his own post and, from the rebound, blocked a Paulinho shot on the line.

But Spurs took the lead when Soldado coolly slotted in a penalty after Jonjo Shelvey's foul on Andros Townsend.

Swansea belatedly rallied and the closest they came was when a Chico Flores volley was tipped over.

Spurs forward Gareth Bale was conspicuous by his absence from White Hart Lane with the announcement of his transfer to Real Madrid apparently imminent.

However, Soldado is helping ease the disappointment over Bale's impending departure as Tottenham maintained their 100% start to the season against a Swansea side who have now lost both of their league games.

Both sides were convincing victors in the Europa League on Thursday - Spurs beating Dinamo Tbilisi 5-0 and Swansea easing to a 5-1 win over Petrolul Ploiesti.

After the home side shook the sluggishness from the trip to Georgia out of their legs, they were the dominant force, with their four summer signings starting.

The visitors had an early Wayne Routledge shot parried by keeper Hugo Lloris but they spent most of the first half keeping Tottenham at bay.

Williams headed a Kyle Walker cross against his own post and then blocked Paulinho's effort before keeper Michel Vorm gathered the ball.

A pass inside left-back Ben Davies from Spurs central defender Michael Dawson released right-back Walker and he pulled the ball back from the byeline for Mousa Dembele, whose first-time shot was tipped over by the busy Vorm.

Paulinho was putting in a classy performance in the Tottenham midfield but he could not round off his display with a goal. The Brazil international sent a bouncing volley high after another chance came his way from Nacer Chadli's cross.

The home side's pressure should have yielded a penalty on the stroke of half-time. Shelvey fouled Townsend on the right side of the Swansea area and, despite referee Neil Swarbrick giving a free-kick, replays show the offence took place in the box.

The disappointment over that decision did not linger long as another foul involving the same players did result in a penalty, which Soldado dispatched with ease by sending Vorm the wrong way.

Swansea improved after the introduction of £12m record signing Wilfried Bony up front, with Pablo Hernandez curling a low shot narrowly wide.

A far-post Flores volley brought a smart save out of France international Lloris before Spurs regained control of the game and quelled Swansea's threat.

Paulinho had another chance to get on the scoresheet late on when he was sent clear but his first effort was blocked by Vorm before shooting high from the rebound.

However, Spurs secured victory to continue a record which has seen them lose just two Premier League matches since 9 December 2012.

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 26 2013, 07:56

Loris: 7. Solid as a rock; So reassuring to see him in goal

Walker: 6 Defensively solid, one great overlap but offensively still looks deficient

Dawson: 7 decent game but one stupid back heal

Vertonghen: 8 great composure on the ball

Rose: 6 hes getting better every game.

Capo-ue: 8 hes just like sandro lol hes so strong

Paulinho 9: so unlucky not to score. my man of the match

Dembele 5: Anonymous. I have long said it; he is not a creative player

Townsend 7: Tried too hard but that was to be expected. Most incisive moves came from him. Have great hopes for the kid

Chaldi 5: worked hard defensivly.
    Soldado: 7 nice pen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 20 2019, 07:33