The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends



Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery


Affiliates

Log in

I forgot my password


    LAMELA SIGNS.

    Share

    LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Thu Aug 29 2013, 03:35

    Tottenham Hotspur have signed Erik Lamela in a £25.8million deal.

    As reported by MirrorFootball today , the Italian club were waiting to sign a replacement - Adem Ljajic - before confirming the departure of the Argentina winger.

    It ties with the purchase of Roberto Soldado as a club-record fee paid by Spurs, and the Lamela deal could rise by a further £4.3million depending on appearances and other conditions.



    woo hoo woo hoo ALSO ON SKYNEWS TICKER IN YELLOW SO CANT BE HIJACKED Very Happy 
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by vis on Thu Aug 29 2013, 05:02

    From The BBC

    Erik Lamela to sign for Tottenham, say Roma

    Italian club Roma claim Argentine forward Erik Lamela is to join Tottenham for £25.7m (30m euros).

    The deal for Lamela, 21, also includes up to £4.2m (5m euros) in bonus payments, taking the club's spending to nearly £85m this summer.

    The sale could finally enable Gareth Bale's move to Real Madrid to go ahead for a world record fee of £86m.

    Spurs are also working on a deal to sign Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen, also 21, from Dutch side Ajax.

    There is no agreement in place yet and the player would still need to undergo a medical and agree terms.

    But Ajax have confirmed that they have given Tottenham permission to talk to the highly-rated international.

    Tottenham have already signed Roberto Soldado (£26m), Paulinho (£17m), Etienne Capoue (£9m) and Nacer Chadli (£7m).

    The London club are just £2m short of spending as much as Manchester City, who are the Premier League's biggest investors during the current transfer window, recruiting four players for nearly £87m.

    Lamela's impending arrival at White Hart Lane could mean that Bale finally completes his switch to Real Madrid.

    Tottenham were not ready to let the 24-year-old Welshman leave until they had signed a replacement.

    They thought they had signed Willian, but the Brazilian chose to join Chelsea in a £30m deal.

    Roma, meanwhile, have announced that they have signed Fiorentina forward Adem Ljajic for £9.4m (11m euros).

    The Serbian 21-year-old has signed a four-year deal.

    Good signing (if it happens - watch out, watch out, there's a Russkie about!) & I hope we get Eriksen as well . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Thu Aug 29 2013, 06:56

    11 Reasons why Spurs are bigger than Arsenal

    A late friend of mine once said to me that “it is the worse kept secret in football that Spurs are the biggest team in London”. Although he used to say this with a grin on his face, he meant it. His evidence being that we are the historic London football entertainers, have the most loyal London fan following, have history of trophy success dating back over a one hundred and ten years, have regularly been involved in big money transfers and perhaps most importantly to him; Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham all appear to hate us more than any other side in London. Clear evidence of our biggest club in London status!

    However to put more meat on the bones of my dear friend’s case and to help ram home his point in this NLD week, here are eleven reasons (one for each of whatever no-mark turns out for them on Sunday) why we are bigger than north London’s third team;
    1. Tottenham have won a major trophy in each of the last full decades dating back to the 1950s (only Man U can equal this).
    2. Tottenham were the first London club to win the FA Cup in 1901 and when were still the only London club to have won it, when we lifted it again 20 years later. Indeed it took until 1930 for Arsenal to finally capture the cup, for what was to be their first major trophy, some 44 years after they had been formed (it took us just 19 years after our formation to lift our first trophy by comparison).
    3. Tottenham were the first London club to win a European trophy (indeed first British club).
    4. Tottenham have won three UEFA European trophies, Arsenal just the one.
    5. Tottenham were the first London side to win the double in 60’61, doing it in style, unlike the anti-football of Arsenal ten years later. At the time, we had most points, most goals, most points and most wins. We still hold most wins in top flight from this memorable season as well as most wins from start season in the top flight. By contrast Arsenal did not even score the most goals of that particular campaign when they sneaked their way to the double in 70’71.
    6. Tottenham record’s transfer fee paid (as of August 27th at least) is £25.8 million, Arsenal’s just £15 million.
    7. Tottenham’s record attendance 75038, Arsenal’s 73707.
    8. Arsenal recorded just 4,554 supporters in a top flight match v Leeds in 1966, just four months later Tottenham recorded 43,844 in the equivalent fixture, nearly ten times as many fans, watching the same opposition in the same completion, when our grounds were of very similar size.
    9. Since the war, six times Tottenham have been the best supported club in England, Arsenal just twice (Tottenham were even the best supported in the country as a second division side – once again showing that even when the chips are down Spurs supporters turn out in droves).
    10. Tottenham’s lowest ever average league crowd 13,370, Arsenal’s 4,460 (indeed 14 seasons in total Arsenal have averaged worse crowds than Tottenham’s lowest).
    11. Tottenham have provided 70 representatives for the national side (the second highest of all time, just one player behind Villa), Arsenal have provided just 57.

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by cstmrsking on Thu Aug 29 2013, 08:15

    LLR Have a Green Stick.

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by BazSpur on Fri Aug 30 2013, 01:12

    Rep point from me too.


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Boltjean on Fri Aug 30 2013, 05:26

    Rep from me mate, very interesting stats. One more stat although I am not sure it is a record but it certainly looks as though it could be, a crowd of 12,907 saw Jimmy Greaves make his debut in a reserve game at Plymouth on the 9th December 1961.

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Guest on Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:17

    has he signed yet.

    i heard the ericcson player is going through friday

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by djfitzo on Fri Aug 30 2013, 20:09

    Why does it take so long? Cheatski announced that they was signing Eto'o and within no time at all his signed. Do these players come over and whilst they are having a medical their agents tout them around hoping a Champs League side come along and offer more money?

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Fri Aug 30 2013, 20:37

    apart from willian ( who said he was keeping is options open ) we have got all are targets .

    most transfers will go through unless a player changes is mind ,or a agent looking for more money.

    I think certain papers have to be signed (NOT ALL) to it be CONFIRMED.

    PEOPLE SAY YOU NEED C.LEAGUE TO GET TOP TARGETS WE PROVE YOU DONT.




    Guest
    Guest

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31 2013, 00:20

    Hotspur twitter said on Sunday he's flying in Monday for a medical. Then they said last Night he's at Holly house having a medical. What load of bollock s.people don't have them at Night. Anyway they all missed the 12 deadline to play Sunday.

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by djfitzo on Sat Aug 31 2013, 01:24

    YEEHAW, holding the shirt aloft, just get Ericson who is a creative midfielder and we are set and we can then say goodby to the ungrateful Welsh prick.





    Guest
    Guest

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31 2013, 01:45

    ye bale can fuck off. hated the way we became a 1 man team.
    no player is bigger then the club

    avb building a team

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by totalytot on Sat Aug 31 2013, 05:22


    What short memories we have. All this hatred for Bale after he gave us some of the most spectacular goals we have seen at the lane for years and not just one or two but a lot over the last couple of seasons. He was probably the most exciting player the premiership has had.

    Having said that I believe the players we have signed will make us a stronger team in time. We may not see the benefits until half way through the season or next season so Bale leaving has done us a big favour....or at least I hope it has. But I don't hate him and I thank him for giving me some great moments.

    Mikey M
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by vis on Sat Aug 31 2013, 06:46

    LOL c'mon guys. Bale done us proud last season. Lought was probably the only one to question his role. He was good for us but we were better for him. I have issues with his AWOL stance but do wish him all the best on the bench at the Bernabau. Mudrid are welcome to him and he has allowed us to build a better squad overall. So fair play Gareth look forward to seeing back at The Lane for Mudrid with us stuffing you . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by djfitzo on Sat Aug 31 2013, 06:53

    totalytot wrote:
    What short memories we have. All this hatred for Bale after he gave us some of the most spectacular goals we have seen at the lane for years and not just  one or two but a lot over the last couple of seasons. He was probably the most exciting player the premiership has had.

    Having said that I believe the players we have signed will make us a stronger team in time. We may not see the benefits until half way through the season or next season so Bale leaving has done us a big favour....or at least I hope it has. But I don't hate him and I thank him for giving me some great moments.

     Mikey M    
    Sorry Mikey, having short memories cuts both ways. He was our player for 6 years, why this sudden gratitude because he gave us one good season and one excellent season? What happened to the Bale that ran up to AVB at West Ham? Why has he got the hump because Levys doing whats best for Spurs, refusing to train when he has been clearly fit for weeks, sorry mate I don't hate, I just don't like how his treated the club I love when AVB in indulged him and let him play where he wanted.


    Guest
    Guest

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31 2013, 07:08

    hated the way we played last season. just give the ball to bale. shoot on site.
    he had a great season but it was all about him.

    avb is building a team.
    time to move on

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by BazSpur on Sat Aug 31 2013, 07:22

    It's his obvious lack of respect for the club and manager who made him the most sought after player in the World that I hate. He signed an extended contract and then decided he wanted to jump ship. Having said all that Real Madrid have behaved appallingly in all this, absolutely disgusting them and their fucking rag of a newspaper Marca. You also have to blame all the fucking idiots who were whispering in his ear through the British press, telling him he had to leave Spurs to better himself. Like Savage, Jamie Redknapp, Zidane and many others poking their fucking noses in something that didn't concern them. Bunch of w*nkers of the highest order each and every one of them.


    _________________
    Baz.

    MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

    AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

    "When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

    'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

    'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by vis on Sat Aug 31 2013, 08:52

    This is the one that seals the deal of young Gareth to Mudrid. Good luck young Gareth. If you could listen to advice from an ole Spurs fan like me you have gone a year a too soon but thanx for the memories and thanx for the squad you have allowed OUR club to develop. Good luck and look forward to seeing back at The Lane sometime soon when we tonk ya Spanish mercanaries.
    Gareth who? The monarch is dead, long live the new monarch.
    Looking forward to seeing this lad (LlamaLlama) in OUR shirt.
    We are Spurs and we continue beyond any individual . . . .


    Last edited by vis on Sat Aug 31 2013, 08:58; edited 1 time in total


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by vis on Sat Aug 31 2013, 08:57

    djfitzo wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    What short memories we have. All this hatred for Bale after he gave us some of the most spectacular goals we have seen at the lane for years and not just  one or two but a lot over the last couple of seasons. He was probably the most exciting player the premiership has had.

    Having said that I believe the players we have signed will make us a stronger team in time. We may not see the benefits until half way through the season or next season so Bale leaving has done us a big favour....or at least I hope it has. But I don't hate him and I thank him for giving me some great moments.

     Mikey M    
    Sorry Mikey, having short memories cuts both ways. He was our player for 6 years, why this sudden gratitude because he gave us one good season and one excellent season?  What happened to the Bale that ran up to AVB at West Ham?  Why has he got the hump because Levys doing whats best for Spurs, refusing to train when he has been clearly fit for weeks, sorry mate I don't hate, I just don't like how his treated the club I love when AVB in indulged him and let him play where he wanted.

    Dave I do, to some extent, agree with your feelings. But hey ho Bale ain't Spurs. We the fans are Spurs.
    We are better off, in my humble opinion, without him. Fek him and his disrespectful behaviour. But I wish him well & look forward to watching his stella career panning out in front of us all and cannot wait for the day when he plots back up The Lane for Mudrid and we prove to him the error of his young & foolish ways.
    We are Spurs and we continue beyond . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31 2013, 09:08

    http://i.imgur.com/TpuIaRx.jpg


    click that giff

    spurs players dancing
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by vis on Sat Aug 31 2013, 09:13

    So the fuck am I lought . . . .


    cooldance cooldance cooldance cooldance 


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    Guest
    Guest

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31 2013, 09:20

    http://puu.sh/4eFMP.gif

    avb pushing bale lol
    avatar
    vis
    Moderator
    Moderator

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by vis on Sat Aug 31 2013, 10:13

    Lought I ain't gonna "hate" Bale lol. Good luck to him.
    I'm Spurs, your Spurs. We are all Spurs. Bale ain't no more . . . .


    _________________
    “I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

    djfitzo
    International
    International

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by djfitzo on Sat Aug 31 2013, 17:21

    vis wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    What short memories we have. All this hatred for Bale after he gave us some of the most spectacular goals we have seen at the lane for years and not just  one or two but a lot over the last couple of seasons. He was probably the most exciting player the premiership has had.

    Having said that I believe the players we have signed will make us a stronger team in time. We may not see the benefits until half way through the season or next season so Bale leaving has done us a big favour....or at least I hope it has. But I don't hate him and I thank him for giving me some great moments.

     Mikey M    
    Sorry Mikey, having short memories cuts both ways. He was our player for 6 years, why this sudden gratitude because he gave us one good season and one excellent season?  What happened to the Bale that ran up to AVB at West Ham?  Why has he got the hump because Levys doing whats best for Spurs, refusing to train when he has been clearly fit for weeks, sorry mate I don't hate, I just don't like how his treated the club I love when AVB in indulged him and let him play where he wanted.

    Dave I do, to some extent, agree with your feelings. But hey ho Bale ain't Spurs. We the fans are Spurs.
    We are better off, in my humble opinion, without him. Fek him and his disrespectful behaviour. But I wish him well & look forward to watching his stella career  panning out in front of us all and cannot wait for the day when he plots back up The Lane for Mudrid and we prove to him the error of his young & foolish ways.
    We are Spurs and we continue beyond . . . .
    Vis, I 'm with Lought on Bale and some fans don't look at the whole picture. Yes he scored some wonderful goals, but it was only one season and fans forget the games that he was largely invisible, forget some of the awful free kicks when good free kick takers like Sig and Walker didn't get a look in. Some of his dives were embarrassing, but hey ho, his transfer has helped us build a squad that is dynamic in every department, but I can and will not forget the way he treated Spurs in the last few weeks, if he loved the club as much as he told Jim White at Sky, then he could have gone with more grace then he has.


    Sponsored content

    Re: LAMELA SIGNS.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 20 2017, 15:04