The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
arsenil away EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
arsenil away EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
arsenil away EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
arsenil away EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
arsenil away EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
arsenil away EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
arsenil away EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
arsenil away EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
arsenil away EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

arsenil away Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
Maximus
vis
6 posters

arsenil away

vis
    vis

arsenil away Empty arsenil away

Post by vis Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:18

arsenil away 180px-Arsenal_FC.svg  Versus  arsenil away 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At

arsenil away Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJaGKesLwSptiL6HBfzgPOuKQH9rKOQPnEpJ0yec5INt8nbYFxjw

arsenil away 128px-Premier_League.svg

Sunday 1st September 2013.
    Kick Off @ 1600hrs BST.
    vis
    vis

arsenil away Empty Re: arsenil away

Post by vis Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:28

arsenil away 9k=  arsenil away Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR3PpepTQdZCILmXD4XZ1mum9jVwEmiaVWE-NwCI8evfW1ctslTw

arsenil away 9k=  arsenil away Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCuDj9-bWPRD-InxV32pZLdo2NhteaCA6oEh0FqW4JwG3ScUBw6g

arsenil away Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWIO4rq-er0J-axiZ5zqcOPP7U7tG14ijPekYIzfMBzRtlX_b8hA  arsenil away Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKmW3FKZ1jyoHFrF0Qb6BHoC-XnQ17QR1-chOHrpcnPWvITe3q
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Aug 30 2013, 08:33

Arsenal v Tottenham: Theo Walcott ridicules suggestion that Spurs have the stronger squad;

Theo Walcott has begun the verbal sparring ahead of Sunday's north London derby by ridiculing the suggestion that Tottenham Hotspur have now assembled a stronger squad than Arsenal.

Tottenham have never finished higher than Arsenal since Arsène Wenger became manager in 1996 but the clubs were separated by only one point in each of the last two seasons.

Tottenham have also been far more active this summer in the transfer market, breaking their spending record for Paulinho and then Roberto Soldado, while also buying Nacer Chadli and Etienne Capoue.

Although Gareth Bale will almost certainly be sold, Spurs still hope to make another three signings, including Roma forward Erik Lamela and possibly Brazil striker Hulk.

Arsenal have so far signed only Yaya Sanogo on a free transfer but Walcott scoffed at the idea that Spurs' squad is stronger.

"That’s a silly question," said Walcott. "Not at all. I feel that we’re very, very strong. Everyone may say our squad is very, very weak and there are not many of us but I think we showed we bounced back from such a disappointing result in the opening game and proved a lot of people wrong.

"Sunday’s a massive game, I always enjoy those games. The fans make these games very special. This is the fixture I always look out for straight away to be honest. Tottenham are playing some very good stuff at the moment but I think we are looking very sharp. For the neutral it’s going to be an impressive spectacle.

"Tottenham is a big test, that’s the biggest test. Definitely.

"They’ve invested well. But we need to make sure we focus on ourselves and the way we’re playing at the moment we believe we can beat anyone.

"We don’t care who they’re playing against, whether they’ve brought in £30million stars, it doesn’t matter. I’m ready for it."

After two years dominated by their battle with Tottenham to secure England's final Champions League place, Walcott believes that this should be the season when Arsenal are actually again challenging to win the Premier League rather than worrying about another fight for fourth behind Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea.

"For the stadium we have, the support we have, the players that are coming in and out, we have to be there," said Walcott. "We don’t want to be challenging for that fourth spot any more. We want to be challenging for the Premier League. That’s our main goal.

"Champions League and playing against the best players in Europe and you want to be judged on that. If you play against the best players you’re only going to improve yourself. I think you can see a lot of improvements this year."

On the importance of Champions League football for Arsenal, Walcott said: "We don’t really take much notice of it. Arsenal’s a massive club and it’s where we should be.

"We always keep it very tight towards the end of the season and we don’t intend to do that this season. We need to go to that next level and competing a bit more. Not to just get into the Champions League but to compete."

Walcott also had good wishes for Gareth Bale, his old room-mate at the Southampton, ahead of his £90 million move from Real Madrid to Real Madrid. "It looks like it’s going to happen," said Walcott.

"It will be very, very odd not seeing him in a Tottenham shirt, playing against him. But I’m very happy for him and hopefully he can do well if he stays or goes."
    Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus Fri Aug 30 2013, 10:12

FUCKING WALNUT !

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30 2013, 10:16

lloris
    walker dawson kaboul verts

towsend caupri dembelle paullini chardi

soldado

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Aug 31 2013, 03:54

I worry about all the pundits and media going overboard about "Arsenal in crisis" and how we have bought class players. These things have a habit of biteing us in the bum.
    Most of our new signings wont be playing yet so it's no walkover as most are saying.
    At the moment if we don't get a penalty we don't win.

Im excited but really nervous about this game.

Mikey M
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Aug 31 2013, 04:01

IVE DONE A 2-2 DRAW 14/1. THIS GAME THROWS LOADS GOALS . 1 WIN AT THERE GROUND IS SCARY SO ID GONE FOR A DRAW.

PS. I TRUST OUR TEAM OTHER THERES TO FINISH HIGHER THIS YEAR. EVEN IF THEY WIN.

Post by Guest Sat Aug 31 2013, 05:14

for the past 2 seasons they said we will win. arsenal are in crises but then something happens and they beat us.

i just hope we dont get any boookings in the first half.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Aug 31 2013, 06:54

LOL LLR I've gone 2-2 as well but didn't get nowhere near 14's, good ole Joe offered me 9 . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Aug 31 2013, 07:09

betvictor - 14/1.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-tottenham/correct-score
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 01 2013, 06:59

Arsene Wenger yesterday insisted Arsenal still have a stronger squad than Tottenham as he threatened to bring back Nicklas Bendtner.

Spurs have now spent over £100m this summer - including £26m on Spain striker Roberto Soldado.

But Wenger warned his North London rivals of the “negative impact” of losing Gareth Bale - and the “technical risk” of buying too many players together and destabilising their squad. That is not a danger for the frugal Frenchman who insisted “it is not in my strengths to panic” with the transfer window slamming shut on Monday.

Wenger has so far only signed Mathieu Flamini and Yaya Sanogo on free transfers despite a lengthening injury list. Yesterday he publicly backed his two young goalkeepers. And he said Bendtner, who has been unable to find another club because of his wage demands, could return after not appearing for Arsenal since May 2011.

“The chances for him to leave now are very small,” said Wenger. “If he does not leave and prepares well, and is fit, really fit, then I will use him.” It is not the big addition to the squad that many Arsenal fans had in mind.

When asked if he believed Arsenal still had a better group of players than big-spending Tottenham, Wenger replied: “

“Yes. But I don’t think about my squad like that, I think about do my squad have a chance to fight for the Premier League or not. We don’t compare to Spurs especially.”

"But the comparison is there to be made. Firstly, after years of Arsenal seemingly losing their top stars every summer, now it is Tottenham’s turn.

“It has a negative impact when you lose your best players, always,” said Wenger. “Because you are perceived as well by your fans [for] a lack of ambition, by the rest of the squad, they look for strength in their team. We have gone through that process consistently and it demands of course always a mental adjustment, again, to keep your ambition alive.

"It’s very very difficult.

“Do I have sympathy for Villas Boas? I have sympathy for every single manager. You know why? Because then I know I am not the only manager who is made to suffer. I have gone through that every season, and usually for me the questions started in January.”

Spurs have reacted to the imminent departure of Bale by spending big in their bid to take the final Champions League place from Arsenal.

“They try very hard of course,” Wenger said. “That’s normal. In our job, there is a technical risk when you buy more than three players always because you unbalance a little bit the stability of your squad.

“We will see how well they integrate and how well they will do. It is very difficult to predict that.”

Wenger said earlier this month that Real Madrid’s world record bid for Bale made a “joke” of financial fairplay rules. Yesterday he added: “They (Real Madrid) are very generous. It is impossible to assess a market where you can say that this is the normal price for this player, because that is his quality. That has gone completely because you go from transfers from zero to £10m and after from £30m to £80m, it is linked with the financial power of the buyer.

“For me there are very, very, very, very few players who are economically justifying or makes sense paying over £50m.”

Is Bale one of them? “If you analysis what I just said you can find your own conclusion,” he said with a twinkle in his eye.

But the Bale deal could impact on Arsenal if Angel Di Maria, Mesut Ozil and Karim Benzema become available.

“It’s not like a supermarket where if you buy two you get one free!” Wenger joked.

“I am confident of bringing players in. We have financial potential - I wouldn’t deny that. But we will decide still to pay the right price.”

So will Tottenham’s supermarket sweep see them finish above Arsenal for the first time since 1994-95? Wenger said: “The only thing that counts in football is what happens on the pitch. I just can say one thing: in the last six months we have lost one game.”

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 02 2013, 04:03

Bollox . . . .

upset 
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Sep 02 2013, 04:13

let the arsewipes have there bragging right.  hope they sign noone tomorrow then see how they do .

our CREATIVITY WAS ZERO. GET ERIKSEN IN AND LAMELA ASAP. ROSE DAWSON NEED BE DROPPED

WE GOT RAPED AT LEFT BACK ALL GAME. WE DONT GET A LEFT BACK TOMZ I FEAR FOR US FOR 4TH

THE LEFT BACK SPOT IS THE KEY THIS SEASON

bid 20m or more get baines in asap.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Sep 02 2013, 04:44

As I said last time LLR, it's goals we need more than a left back although a good left back wouldn't go a miss.

Today we had the same problem as last season, not enough clear goal chances. We need creativty and the sooner we get Erikson in the better. At the moment Soldado standing around looking like a spare prick at a wedding.

Poor performance today and we made a very average Arse look good I'm afraid.

Again to many individuals and lack of ideas. We lost the ball to many times aT crucial times.

Lets hope AVB gets it together for Chelsea.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 05:16

lloris 6.
    walker 6. pathtic dive when he didnt need to.
    dawson 5 no pace long balls
    verts. 5 looked tired beaten for the goal
    rose 5 he tried
    chardi 5 decent first half then faded bad and should of come off.
    capou5 worked hard but offerd nothing
    paullino 4 worst game so far
    towsend.7 should of stayed on
    jenas 3 what does he do
    soldado4 no service

thought avb should of took chadi off instead of towsend. left it to late to make the subs.
    sigg should of come on.
    again we feard that shower of shit. there defence is shit and loads of teams score aganst them but did we have a shot on target........

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 02 2013, 05:44

Yes Lought by all accounts we had 14 attempts on goal to their 12 with 5 of theirs on target compared to our 4. We also had 53% possession . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 05:51

oh come on they bottled it again.
    avb feard them

corzola better then any of our players and now they gettin ozil

dont get me started on soldado. hes slower then crouch
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Sep 02 2013, 06:06

C'mon Lought calm down a bit. WTF did carzola do that was so much better than any Spurs player? Take a deep breath and try a bit of perspective mate. 3 games in and you are turning on Soldado? Thats as crass as the arsenil fans turning on whinger after just 90 minutes of football and you found that amusing! Stick todays result in the against column and revisit it next May . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 06:35

corzola a great player. he has vison

our midfeilders have power but cant create nothing.

3 games and they not created anything for soldado

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 02 2013, 08:21

Loughtonguy wrote:corzola a great player. he has vison  

That's why we bought Erikson, two days ago you was full of hope, now your slagging the team that lost 1-0'when last season with a settled team we got stuffed 5-2 , new season, same old Lought.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 09:21

im not slagging the new players off. they aint the problem.

avb made a mistake today. playing 3 slow power players in the middle aganst 3 tricky clever players
    and it failed. how the hell did capul let the tramp roskkiy keep running past him.

the arsenal defence is fragil but we didnt test them much.
    then the subs
    why bring on defoe to make us have 2 isolated strikers.
    we needed siggy or holtby. someone to pass to the strikers.

i see the hudd had an aswseome game aganst man c saturday
    we miss him
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 02 2013, 09:26

Loughtonguy wrote:corzola a great player. he has vison  

Would it make ny difference, apparently his too slow. You talk utter bile after just one defeat. Koscielny should not have even been in the pitch, bantant shove on Soldado and numerous unpunished challenges. They hardly outplayed us and Dawson had a Rare shocker, played Walnut onside and then lost Giroud, the way you are going on as if we got thrashed. Now it's all doom and gloom when Eriksson has not skicked a ball for us and the few touches I saw of Lamela he will be class for us. They had their best possible team out and we had a mixture of new players, yet your slagging Solado and then saying he had no service, make your mind up. You do this all the time and frankly this early in the season imbibed with it already.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 02 2013, 09:28

Loughtonguy wrote:im not slagging the new players off. they aint the problem.

avb  made a mistake today.  playing 3 slow power  players in the middle aganst 3 tricky clever players
    and it failed.  how the hell did capul let the tramp roskkiy keep running past him.

the arsenal defence is fragil but we didnt test them much.
    then the subs
    why bring on defoe to make us have 2 isolated strikers.
    we needed siggy or holtby.  someone to pass to the strikers.

i see the hudd had an aswseome game aganst man c saturday
    we miss him
    What? They lost 2-0, what's your point, Hudd is slower then any player we had out there today, you talk utter nonsense.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 09:48

but hudd is one of the best passers in the league.
    he can play a forward ball. you know like the one he played for bale aganst man c.
    jenas cant do that.

we had the same for the last 5 games last season. no creativity
    so what does avb do. he sells hudd and loans carrol out and spends 100

a blind man could of seen that playing a team of defensive mideilders would fail.

wenger 1 avb 0
    and now ozil going to the goons. thats some partnership we got with madrid.
    we sell them our best player and they sell a great one to our rivals.
    and to top it off we sell for less to please ronaldo
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Sep 02 2013, 16:49

Loughtonguy wrote:but hudd is  one of the best passers in the league.
    he can play a forward ball.  you know  like the one he played for bale aganst man c.
    jenas cant do that.

we had the same for the last 5 games last season. no creativity
    so what does avb do. he sells hudd and loans carrol out  and spends 100

a blind man could of seen that playing a team of defensive mideilders would fail.

wenger 1  avb 0
    and now ozil going to the goons.    thats some partnership we got with madrid.
    we sell them our best player and they sell a great one to our rivals.
    and to top it off we sell for less to please ronaldo
    Wrong, we sold for 85 million. Who is Wenger gonna drop out of yesterday's team for Ozil to play? His too similar to what they got.
    For the last ten minutes they was camped in their half and had eleven men behind the ball. Wait until Erikkson and Lamela get a couple of games under their belts and Kaboul is back and the new Romanian defender starts playing because as much as Daws gives his all he is limited, when Giroud made his run you can see Dawson thought oh fuck his gone. Ive watched us go to Arsenal for more seasons than I can remember and never looked like winning, we was right in it until the end, give it time Lought, it will all come good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 13:05