The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
arsenil away - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

arsenil away - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

arsenil away

arsenil away - Page 2 Empty Re: arsenil away

Post by seebee1944 on Mon Sep 02 2013, 20:28

Seemed to me the goal was a lack of understanding in the defence the one part of the team that hasn't really changed. Vertonghen moved up for the offside but Dawson didn't. Rose was totally out of position and allowed Walnut a free run and cross. As for defensive midfielders, for the last quarter of the game Arsenal had two centre halves and four full backs on the pitch, along with two defensive midfielders and stuck eleven men behind the ball, as Dave said.

The team need time to gel and unfortunately as someone said the other day this fixture probably came too early. Now we have a couple of weeks to work things out.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Sep 02 2013, 20:42

seebee1944 wrote:

Seemed to me the goal was a lack of understanding in the defence the one part of the team that hasn't really changed. Vertonghen moved up for the offside but Dawson didn't. Rose was totally out of position and allowed Walnut a free run and cross. As for defensive midfielders, for the last quarter of the game Arsenal had two centre halves and four full backs on the pitch, along with two defensive midfielders and stuck eleven men behind the ball, as Dave said.

The team need time to gel and unfortunately as someone said the other day this fixture probably came too early. Now we have a couple of weeks to work things out.

Of course seebee, but Loughts straight on their backs after one close defeat and this constant harping for players that have left because they were not good enough is getting boring, for Christ sake we had more mobile players then Hudd yesterday and if they didn't get any space, Hudd would have not had any time to spray passes around and to who? like you said from the half way line they had 80% defenders on the pitch and eleven men behind the ball.
    Now his going on about Arsenal getting Ozil, another forward attacking midfield, how is that gonna help the scum and will not affect us and anyway Manure are in for him now and as we found out with Willian, its not done until its done.
    Lots of bods on here said that it may take time for the players to gel, you don't get that with Lought!!

Post by totalytot on Mon Sep 02 2013, 23:18

This constant praise for Hudd by Lought is rediculous. It's not as if he didn't have enough matches in recent seasons to show us if he is any good, because he did and he wasn't.

He was slow and always faded in games. The very occasional long pass was great but it rarely happened in a game. He will do well for Hull when they are back in the championship.

Lought if you picked the team we would have Hudd and Carroll as our main Midfield and Ade and Pav up front.

I'm as dissapointed as anybody about Sundays result but we haven't even put our best eleven out yet and they will all need at least a couple of months to play well together. I'm sure it will happen if not then you can start moaning with the rest of us until then give us a break.

Mikey M

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:07

my point is that ozil is what we need. but madrid fuck us over.

we could of played alll night but not scored.
    avb got it wrong
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:21

Loughtonguy wrote:my point is that ozil is what we need.  but madrid fuck us over.

avb got it wrong
    Really, being as your obviously waiting for a big club to make you their next manager, what team would you have played?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Sep 03 2013, 00:46

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonguy wrote:my point is that ozil is what we need.  but madrid fuck us over.

avb got it wrong
    Really, being as your obviously waiting for a big club to make you their next manager, what team would you have played?

Go on Lought, humour me, pick me a team of available players that we actually bought, not ones you can bring in on fifa, to outfox Wenger.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 03 2013, 01:11

lloris
    walker kaboul verts rose

sandro
    paullino siggy chardi

ade soldado.

attack them. there defence is shite. even villa got 3 goals and could of got 5 aganst them

but again we give them to much respect playin the water carriers
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Sep 03 2013, 02:06

Loughtonguy wrote:             lloris
    walker kaboul verts rose

sandro
    paullino    siggy   chardi

ade   soldado.

attack them.  there defence is shite. even villa got 3 goals and could of got 5 aganst them

but again we give them to much respect  playin the water  carriers
    I said pick a team that was available, Kaboul and Ade not even in the squad, so not available, personally I would have made one change, Holtby for Dembele (his not a defensive midfielder Lought, you keep saying AVB played three, Dembele supposed to be the attacking midfielder) just to show him that his not first choice and got to put more effort in.

Villa got three because they was ahead 2-1 and Arsenal went for it, they played like Cheatski in the last 20 minutes yesterday and had more defenders on then attackers and got 11 men behind the ball.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Sep 03 2013, 03:03

Agree that Holtby should have been on. He looked lively against Tbilisi and Dembele has been very disapointing so far. Still early days & still lots to play for . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Sep 03 2013, 08:26

Save of the match: Wojciech Szczesny pulled off a smart one-handed stop to deny Jermain Defoe and keep Arsenal in front.

From the Sky Sports webpage.
    Just goes to show arsenil didn't have it all their own way and the substitutes nearly, very nearly, made a difference . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16 2019, 20:20