The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The Baldini Effect EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The Baldini Effect EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The Baldini Effect EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The Baldini Effect EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The Baldini Effect EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The Baldini Effect EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The Baldini Effect EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The Baldini Effect EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The Baldini Effect EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The Baldini Effect Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

The Baldini Effect

vis
    vis

The Baldini Effect Empty The Baldini Effect

Post by vis Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:02

So one of our most productive, expensive & inspiring Summer transfer sprees in memorey. How much of this is due to Baldini coming in as technical director? AVB has always said he is most comfertable with an individual like Baldini being at a club so obviously he is happy. My take is that Baldini knows the European game very well and knew what players to go for with regards to the availability and adaptability for the English game with regards to skill & mentallity. I remember he was once asked when working with Cappello at Ing-Ger-Land why no younger English players were being bought into the international scene and he replied that if someone could show him the players he would suggest them to Cappello. Hence a move away from the Commolli days of raw English talent such as Thudd and a move to established Eurpean players, raw European talent & a mix of English experience & youth already in place. It will be interesting to see how this pans out but however it does as Spurs fan we are in for yet another wonderful roller-coaster ride.

COYS . . . .

Pride
    vis
    vis

The Baldini Effect Empty Re: The Baldini Effect

Post by vis Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:04

Article from 19th June . . . .

Tottenham have appointed former England assistant manager Franco Baldini as technical director.

The Italian, 52, left his post at Roma earlier this month and will take charge of Spurs' scouting and transfer policy.

Manager Andre Villas-Boas is keen on a continental management structure at White Hart Lane.

Baldini knows the Premier League well, having spent four years as Fabio Capello's right-hand man during his time with the England national team.

He will also work alongside technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood in addition to Villas-Boas.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said: "Franco is extremely well respected in the industry, possessing an extensive knowledge of players around the world.

"He will strengthen our football management team, particularly in the field of recruitment, working closely with Andre Villas-Boas and Tim Sherwood across all levels on the playing side."

Speaking last month about the role of technical director, Villas-Boas said: "It's something that I am used to working with.

"Since the first day I told the club that it's somebody who is extremely important in my view to the structure of the club."

Baldini spent the past two seasons with Roma, but had originally been linked with a move to Spurs late last year.

The former Bologna, Bari and Pescara player has previously held roles as general director at Roma, assistant manager during Capello's time in charge of England and as sporting director at Real Madrid.

Post by Guest Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:14

levy didnt trust harry with the money and has now given avb money after he proved himself last season.

we are now buying younger players.
    no more over 30s

well done levy
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:19

I think Baldini has suggested the majority of them Lought. Especially young LlamaLlama from Roma . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Aug 31 2013, 17:42

I said a little while back that Baldini could probably turn out to be our best signing yet.

Love being proved right.

THIS TRANSFER WINDOW IS SO FLUFFY I THINK I'M GONNA DIE!!!
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sat Aug 31 2013, 18:28

All part of the champions league or bust plan and Baldini was the first piece of the puzzle. Knows the world scene and players and obviously has influence and respect. Yes Ion the best signing yet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20 2024, 00:08