The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Dear AVB

vis

Dear AVB

Post by vis on Sat Aug 31 2013, 10:02

Andre you beautiful man you.
    This from me to you.
    I'm a Spurs fans of over 40 years now. I have seen glory & heartbreak. I have seen more new dawns than a Milkman!
    I believe in you young fella. When "good ole 'arry" had done all he could for  my club I kinda suggested that I prefered Ancellotti (ha ha) but I came onto this board and argued your case as what I thought {what I would like to see is what I mean} could be the best ever young manager we could get.
    Well to put this another way, so to speak etc & let's rephrase this somehow - OK Ancellotti was my choice to replace "good ole 'arry", along with other managers, but then (oh yeah then). Out of the wildnerness you strolled along and reappeared and came onto the radar, (over the top? Probably lol) but you were available suddenly and became a quality choice as well. I thought, & indeed still do, that you have the makings of a fine manager. A manager capable of finding & keeping what the Spurs fans, players, club (& you) want.
    And we got you.
    Your big ginger beard is a bit scary but hey Mourinhio can't grow one lol. Now Mourinhio is just a small part of the reason I write this, you were his apprentice. Please do not let him rile you. He is anti-football & Di Matteo, your apprentice, proved to be the same.
    I understand & realise Spurs will not be so "gung-ho" and in "ya face" under you.
    Cool.
    Please keep the excitement though. Don't just grind teams down. Try to beat them with style and if we have to lose do it with glory.
    You have one of the most exciting looking Spurs squads since perhaps the double winning years. You have a mix of British & European young talent, Experienced South American & Continental skill. Treat them with care. I do trust you to do so. I hope you will build a dynasty. A team for the ages. You have the tools at hand to do so.
    Please remember the traditions & beliefs of Tottenham Hotspur, as we the fans do.
    Please remember to win is not everything, to do so by entertaining is true.
    AVB we are Spurs. We have history on our side. I don't expect you to win us the league this season, but if you can it would be nice. I do expect us to challenge and I also hope for a cup sucess. I like the respect you show the Europa League. Glory European nights at The Lane are something Spurs fans of a certain age enjoy very much ha ha.
    So my young friend. I trust & believe in you. Many other fans do, some don't. Thats the enigma of Spurs. We want & hope for glory but sometimes don't have the paitence to wait for it. Build us, the fans, something worth waiting for. Good luck AVB. Believe in US, the fans, and we will believe in and support you; but never forget we are Spurs and we only really know the Spurs way.
    COYS . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Re: Dear AVB

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 31 2013, 12:18

nice post. have a rep

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Sun Sep 01 2013, 05:04

Great post Vis, a rep from me mate. I do hope the supporters get behind AVB and believe he is the man to bring us back the glory days, they just have to learn to be patient. I do wish Bill Nicholson was around now to see a new dawn at his beloved Spurs and I hope and pray the players and AVB do his memory proud. I hope our cockerel high up on the stand crows louder than ever this season and in seasons to come.

Post by totalytot on Sun Sep 01 2013, 22:14

Well said Vis me old mate a rep from me also.

Well you are right about AVB having the best squad since the double days and I remember it well. It's a bit De javu when Old man Nick brought in 5 or 6 players in the one season. We all know what he went on to do.

Our future is in AVB's hands now and it's up to him. I've had my doubts about him from the start as you know but although we didn't win anything last season and not make top 4, we did produce our best points total in the prem.

The chairman with the blessing of Mr Lewis has given him the tools to make it work and I believe he will make it happen. The passion is there now lets hope the ability is also.

It's unlikely that all 7 new signings will turn out Ok but if only 5 make us a top team in Europe then "that'll do for me Tommy"

Good luck AVB and thank you Daniel I was wrong about you.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27 2017, 15:46