The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Chelsea at The Lane EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Chelsea at The Lane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Chelsea at The Lane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Chelsea at The Lane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Chelsea at The Lane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Chelsea at The Lane EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Chelsea at The Lane EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Chelsea at The Lane EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Chelsea at The Lane EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Chelsea at The Lane Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
philip
Boltjean
LOVELOVEROCKET
totalytot
vis
9 posters

Chelsea at The Lane

vis
    vis

Chelsea at The Lane Empty Chelsea at The Lane

Post by vis Wed Sep 25 2013, 08:20

Chelsea at The Lane 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg  Versus  Chelsea at The Lane 190px-Chelsea_FC.svg

At

Chelsea at The Lane Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDloPHxe5b4twvyhmdg31bekm2zGnQvnxbALTyPUc-WV8p1lcqZw

Chelsea at The Lane 128px-Premier_League.svg

Saturday 28th September 2013.
    Kick-Off @ 12:45hrs BST.
    vis
    vis

Chelsea at The Lane Empty Re: Chelsea at The Lane

Post by vis Wed Sep 25 2013, 08:30

Chelsea at The Lane Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGtmalELw2cgDRot1Sbc5lpaceKYwwBl11N-GpmFCJPOKdnjDF8Q  Chelsea at The Lane 2Q==

Chelsea at The Lane 2Q==  Chelsea at The Lane 2Q==

Chelsea at The Lane Z  Chelsea at The Lane Z

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25 2013, 11:14

lloris
    walker dawson verts rose
    towsend paullino sandro holtby
    erikson
    soldado

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27 2013, 03:23

Andre says Danny Rose has 'a 90% chance' of returning to action against Chelsea, Younes is a doubt while Etienne Capoue looks likely to return after the international break.

Andre told us: 'We’ve looked solid at the back, not just clean sheets, but the amount of opportunities allowed. We’ll have to show that ability again.'

'What we’re seeing this season in the Premier League is that it’s tight at the top. Most of us carry one defeat already. I would expect a tight encounter.'
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Sep 28 2013, 02:25

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas will welcome back a host of players that were rested at Aston Villa in midweek.

Danny Rose is also available after injury, while Aaron Lennon faces a fitness test on a foot problem.

Chelsea's Marco van Ginkel will be absent for at least six months after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament against Swindon Town on Tuesday.

Fellow midfielder Ramires also picked up an injury in that match and is rated doubtful.
    MATCH PREVIEW

Former Tottenham goalkeeper Erik Thorsvedt repeated it, but it was our own Garth Crooks who actually coined the saying of the season so far. Asked to comment on Spurs' summer transfer dealings an inspired Garth replied: "They've sold Elvis and bought The Beatles."

So far, so true: Roberto Soldado, Paulinho, Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela have looked a pretty fab four as Spurs have won eight of nine games and conceded just one goal, though that solitary goal did lead to defeat in the game they would most have wanted to win - the derby at Arsenal.

Now they face another test - and for Spurs it's arguably a stiffer one - Chelsea.

Stiffer because it would be hard to overstate just how useless Spurs have been against Chelsea over the last couple of decades. Since 1990 the clubs have met 55 times in league and cup, with Tottenham winning only five games to Chelsea's 31. Spurs have won a meagre three Premier League encounters in 42 attempts.

It's a record so poor that you'd forgive Tottenham for just sending the points weaving through the London traffic on the back of a courier's bike to Stamford Bridge, saving themselves the bother of lacing their boots.

But football doesn't work like that. After all, this is Jose Mourinho's new Chelsea. Not the powerhouse steamroller of a side that has flattened Tottenham's proud cockerel to a pulp of messy feathers so often.

This is a Chelsea side which seems shocked at its own shortcomings; a side that had hoped the returning Mourinho would, like some modern-day King Arthur, slide the sword from the stone to unleash a torrent of attacking, blissful, goal-filled football. It hasn't happened.

So the sorcerer and his apprentice meet for the first time on equal terms. At Porto, Chelsea and at Inter, Andre Villas-Boas was to Mourinho what Mourinho had once been to Bobby Robson - a favoured pupil, a protégé; later, successfully for Porto but not for Chelsea, Villas-Boas was cast as his replacement.

How Villas-Boas would treasure a victory over the man with whom, by his own admission, he no longer has a relationship. To bring it back to where we began, how Villas-Boas would love to prove that he is no McCartney to Mourinho's Lennon - not mere excellence compared to genius.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Chelsea's 4-2 victory over Tottenham last season was their first win in seven Premier League visits to White Hart Lane since a 2-0 win in August 2005.
    But Spurs' recent record against the Blues has improved - after failing to win any of their first 28 Premier League clashes with Chelsea, they have only lost five of the last 14 (W3, L5, D6).
    They have scored just 11 Premier League goals between them from 10 games this season.
    Andre Villas-Boas was assistant manager to Jose Mourinho between 2002 and 2009 at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan.

Tottenham

Tottenham have the best defensive record in any of Europe's top five leagues this season having conceded only one goal so far.
    This is only the second time since the 1960s that Tottenham have won four out of their opening five league matches. The only other instance came in the 2009-10 season in which they finished fourth and qualified for the Champions League.
    Tottenham have averaged the most shots per game (21) and have allowed the fewest shots of any team (seven) in the league this season.

Chelsea

Ten points is Chelsea's lowest-ever tally after five games since Roman Abramovich bought the club in 2003, along with the 2007-08 season, also under Jose Mourinho, and 2011-12 when Andre Villas-Boas was in charge.
    If this game is drawn then Chelsea will have exactly mirrored that start in 2007-08 that saw Mourinho sacked after six matches.
    Their tally of six goals from their opening five matches is their joint-lowest at this stage for 18 years.
    None of Chelsea's strikers have scored a Premier League goal yet this season. In fact, of Chelsea's previous 25 league goals, only one has been scored by a recognised striker (Fernando Torres v Everton in May)

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 02:26

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rundown/14-things-must-know-avb-v-mourinho-130904847.html
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Sep 28 2013, 02:27

Jose Mourinho not my friend - Andre Villas-Boas

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has no regrets about the breakdown of his friendship with former mentor and Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Villas-Boas, 35, worked under Mourinho for seven years at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan and faces him for the first time when the Blues visit White Hart Lane on Saturday.

"I don't lose any sleep," he said.

"We had a great personal and professional relationship before. We don't have that now."

Mourinho refused to be drawn on his relationship with Villas-Boas when pressed for a response by journalists on Friday.

Reacting to numerous requests to comment; he answered: "I've got nothing to say."

Villas-Boas opted to split from Mourinho - having worked as a scout for him - after his Portuguese compatriot rejected his plea to move to a more a senior role.

He went on to enjoy success as manager of Porto, including winning the league title and Europa League in 2011, before following in Mourinho's footsteps to manage Chelsea between 2011 to 2012 and now Tottenham.

"Our break-up point was because I was full of ambition to give him something extra and I wanted further involvement from the job I was doing at that time," said Villas-Boas.

"I felt I could give him much more. But he didn't feel the need for somebody near to him or in another position as an assistant, and because of that it was decided that it was time, after Inter Milan, to continue our careers apart."

When asked if it would be fair to say that Villas-Boas no longer considers himself friends with Mourinho, he replied: "Yes, I think so. I don't think we need explanations. But our relationship has broken down.

"I think we have the mutual respect for each other and we understand what we have been through cannot just disappear, but it's not like it was before."

Villas-Boas will also come up against several of the players he was in charge of at Chelsea on Saturday, including Spain midfielder Juan Mata, 25, who has been used sparingly by Mourinho this season.

The Spurs manager made an enquiry for Mata this summer but admits it is unlikely he will renew his interest when the transfer window reopens.

"When top players become available, when their situation changes at a club, and particularly for a player like Juan Mata, you enquire about the situation, but nothing went further than a simple enquiry," added the Spurs boss.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 28 2013, 08:59

wont be around for this game. going pub.

avb prob play the same team that played so well aganst cardif.

i would like to see sandro and holtby start for dembell and siggy.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Sep 28 2013, 22:29

I'm a bit surprised he's playing Townsend instead of Lamela.

I know Townsend has played OK so far but he's still a bit to greedy.

I just think it's about time Lamela was given a start in the prem especially as against Chelsea we need his class.

I hadn't seen him play before he came to us but he's come with a big build up and reputation. I think to days game would have been a good time to compare with the likes of Oscar, Hazard and William.

Mikey M
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun Sep 29 2013, 00:55

god we was shite in second half. dawson was utter wank . 3 wins v chavs was a poor history so £10 on 1-1 was my bet Very Happy  well that was proper test and we clearer can only improve in time coys.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Sep 29 2013, 01:14

Very dissapointing second half and could have lost it. Once they scored and to be fair they always looked like they would, we went to pieces in defence.

It was lucky that Torres got sent off as he was looking very good and giving our defence a real run around.

A draw isn't the end of the world but we must start beating these top teams if we are to progress. We have only played 2 of them so far and have just the one point.

We must start scoring more goals. I have to say that I am still waiting to see why we paid 26 mil for Soldado he still looks like a man who is lost and not sure what to do.

What some thought was a pass from Soldado to set up Siggy, if you look you'll see it bounced off his leg as he tried to contro; it.

Still early days but we need more goals. I want to look back on the game later but I don't believe we created many clear cut chances on goal.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Sep 29 2013, 01:30

I did not see the game LLR. I saw the starting line up in Loughts post above and was surprised not to see Lamela or Chiriches in the team, were they on the bench and did they take part at all?. Your remark about Dawson, in all honesty I have never been a fan of his, when you look at King and yes even Campbell he looks very ordinary when I have had the chance to see a game, which isn't very often I know so perhaps I am a bit unfair. Another big problem at the moment seems to be not having a prolific striker, we can't seem to address this problem. Perhaps we should try Defoe alongside Soldado or dare I say give Ade a chance in a couple of games, Carling Cup or Europa League to see if he could be the solution to the problem, I know there are many fans that have turned against him but feel that it would be worth a try. I suppose we will get there in the end, the new players still have to gel, it's early days.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29 2013, 01:55

we was averge.  we got the goal then played on the break lol

chelsea left cahill out and mata was on the bench.  

dawson was awfull.

we gave them to much respect

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29 2013, 02:06

Lloris - 7.5 - Very good game, saved us a couple of times

Walker - 7 - Like his passion
    Dawson - 5 - poor
    Vertonghen - 5 torres had the better off him
    Naughton - 6- Looked clumsy on the ball

Paulinho - 6.5 - Dangerous runs in to the box
    Dembélé - 7 - Held on to the ball well, good tackling

Townsend - 7 - Always looking to create somethin
    Eriksen - 6. - Good first half. fadded second half
    Sigurdsson - 7.5 - Worked hard, good goal, unlucky not to win it for us

Soldado - 6 - Worked hard, couple of poor passes, good assist

AVB - 5.5 - Poor substitutions

sandro should of started.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Sep 29 2013, 03:45

I agree I was crying or Sandro to come in the Second Half.  Defoe should have started.  Regarding   beating the top teams  it is early days yet  look at Chelsea who have not beaten the so called a top teams, Man Utd the same and Man City losing at home today.

End of the day it a question of scoring points regardless of the team we are playing against
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 29 2013, 04:20

Didn't see the game but caught some on radio. Gotta say I was disappointed at result as I thought we would take them today . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Sep 29 2013, 04:28

Our record against Cheatski is poor and we lost our way a bit in the second half, they had their best team out that have had a couple of season playing together and there is more to come from us, I bet they make a big thing about the soft sending off, but he should not have been on the pitch by then. I think eventually it will be Chiriches and Verts as Dawson got done too many times over the top. Looking at today's results, come January and injuries take their toll on the squads and we have the best in the league. We are missing Rose and Lamela will come into his own come the second half of the season. Although Cheatski were a little on top when Torres got sent off, they went all defensive after that and kinda killed the game. So, taking a point is not disasterous.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29 2013, 04:33

the sending off did not kill the game. it helped us.

before the sending off there was only going to be one winner
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun Sep 29 2013, 04:37

I did not see the game LLR. I saw the starting line up in Loughts post above and was surprised not to see Lamela or Chiriches in the team, were they on the bench and did they take part at all?

think both played v villa  think avb blending them in slowly.

Looking at today's results, come January and injuries take their toll on the squads WE have the best SQUAD in the league.     I agree with this.

with 8 new players i think we expecting to much to soon . STILL 2ND IF ARSEWIPES DRAW WIN.

LETS SEE WERE WE ARE XMAS THEN GET TRUE REFLECTIONS .

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29 2013, 05:57

well they won away again without corzola walcot poldoksi
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Sep 29 2013, 07:37

Loughtonguy wrote:the sending off did not kill the game. it helped us.

before the sending off there was only going to be one winner
    How's that Lought, it was more open, for the last ten minutes they put everyone behind the ball.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Sep 29 2013, 07:39

Loughtonguy wrote:well they won away again  without corzola walcot poldoksi
    And just who will they drop when these players are fit?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29 2013, 09:22

chelsea was all over us. mata was running the show and if it stayed 11 v 11 they would of won.

the sending off help push chelsea back for the last 12 mins as they settled for a draw.

what pissed me off was in that last 10 mins both verts and chadi had stupid shots instead of trying to play a killer ball..
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Sep 29 2013, 09:23

How the fek did Torres stay on the pitch after his bitch scratch on Big V? How the fek can the special egotist Mourinho defend him and call Vertonghen a disgrace? And then blame foreign cultures for this lol? If a British manger said that the powers that be would throw the book at them. I detest Mourinho and his anti-football, ego, fuelled ways! It wasn't Vertonghen raking the face of Torres. Yes the sending off was harsh for the 2nd yellow offence but if any one deserved a red Torres did.
    Looked a fairly even game from the highlights . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Sep 29 2013, 11:20

you cant tell a game from 8 mins highlights on motd

i was in a packed pub so i did not see the torres scrats on verts.

i do think mounrino is a bit of a hyprcrit moaning about verts seeing as all hes players for real madrid used to play act and get people sent off.
    drogba did the same.

towsend dive was a joke

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 12:47