The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Chelsea at The Lane

djfitzo
    International
    International

Chelsea at The Lane - Page 3 Empty Re: Chelsea at The Lane

Post by djfitzo on Wed Oct 02 2013, 05:52

Loughtonguy wrote:good.  well done the f a
    common sence pervails.

verts runs upto torres aggresivly.
    torres puts hes hands on verts face. he did notscratch him. no blood no mark no moan about him after from verts.

if one of our players got 4 games for that we would go mental.

face it  him gettting sent off because verts  holding hes head like he been shot helped us take controll of a game that was slippin away form us
    Well that just says it all, no comment needed

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Wed Oct 02 2013, 05:57

Loughtonguy wrote:FACT! Only 26% of Mousa Dembele`s passes went forward against Chelsea
    Lought, why don't you support someone else, because you don't support Spurs.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Wed Oct 02 2013, 06:45

Loughtonguy wrote:good.  well done the f a
    common sence pervails.

verts runs upto torres aggresivly.
    torres puts hes hands on verts face. he did notscratch him. no blood no mark no moan about him after from verts.

if one of our players got 4 games for that we would go mental.

face it  him gettting sent off because verts  holding hes head like he been shot helped us take controll of a game that was slippin away form us
    Lought if a Spurs player acted like Torres I would be on here calling for them to be banned. The rules clearly state that hand to face is punishible. If Verts had of done it I would say ban him . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 02 2013, 07:48

but verts went down like he been hit when he was not touched

towsend dived

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Wed Oct 02 2013, 08:12

Loughtonguy wrote:but verts went down like he been hit when he was not touched

towsend dived

They both did Lought, Torres knew he had jumped at Verts and prentended to be hurt to avoid being sent off, can't believe your defending Torres over Verts.

Yes, Townsend did dive and has admitted it and apologised, Hazard fell over every time he got touched, as do most Cheatski players in every game they play.

Post by BazSpur on Wed Oct 02 2013, 09:55

Mourinho=Epic fucking fail.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Wed Oct 02 2013, 11:01

totalytot wrote:
    You're so right Dave and I honestly believe his bubble has burst and he will have a bad season.

This might come back and bite me in the bum but it's what I believe.

As long as we finish in front of them I don't care.

Mikey M
    Spot on Mike the  so called Special One is definitely losing the plot, the Mata issue, buying Willian he did'nt need etc.  I hope it ends in tears for him.
    Payback time
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Oct 03 2013, 02:43

towsend dived

Lought for the 1st Torres yellow he does brush Verts heel. His pace then propels him forwards then over and for the red card you see Torres knee catch Verts head as they hit the deck. The 2nd yellow for red was harsh as it was 50/50 and the damage was done on the fall but as has been said Torres should not have been on the pitch then as he should have got straight red for the facial assault with his claws out. Lets face it Verts could have gone down then as though he had been hit by Smokin' Joe Frazier fight  . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Thu Oct 03 2013, 04:06

vis wrote:

towsend dived

Lought for the 1st Torres yellow he does brush Verts heel. His pace then propels him forwards then over and for the red card you see Torres knee catch Verts head as they hit the deck. The 2nd yellow for red was harsh as it was 50/50 and the damage was done on the fall but as has been said Torres should not have been on the pitch then as he should have got straight red for the facial assault with his claws out. Lets face it Verts could have gone down then as though he had been hit by Smokin' Joe Frazier fight  . . . .

According to Lought it wasn't a scratch, even though video and photos prove otherwise and then Lought said that nothing must have happened as Verts didn't make a big thing of it afterwards, maybe Jan has class unlike the petulant moaning Mourinho. I really do wonder abt Lought sometimes.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Oct 03 2013, 04:20

Fernando Torres: FA decision a disgrace - Andre Villas-Boas

The decision not to ban Fernando Torres for scratching Tottenham defender Jan Vertonghen's face is "a disgrace", says Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas.

The Football Association cannot take action as one of the match officials said he saw the incident between Chelsea striker Torres and Vertonghen, although "not in its entirety".

"The decision is a disgrace," said Villas-Boas.

The Portuguese also described the FA's lack of action as "almost farcical".

Torres tripped Vertonghen in the 50th minute of Saturday's 1-1 draw at White Hart Lane before the pair immediately squared up to each other.

The Spain striker, who was booked for the original foul, was sent off with 10 minutes remaining after receiving a second yellow card for an aerial challenge on the Belgium defender.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho called Vertonghen "a disgrace" for the role he played in his forward's dismissal.

Mourinho said on Tuesday: "The FA defends the interest and the culture of English football. It's not to protect cheats and people that simulate.

"To protect English football is to protect people who play the game with emotion, intensity."

Villas-Boas, who worked as a scout for Mourinho before embarking on his own managerial career which included an eight-month spell in charge of Chelsea during the 2011-12 season, said his complaint was with the FA rather than his former colleagues.

"It looks incredible," he added.

"How can you see the images, pretty clear, and come out without punishment, on something (which) overtakes all professional behaviour?

"Obviously, it is almost a farcical decision.

"It doesn't matter to me which player or club is involved.

"Neither do I want to put into question Fernando's integrity, neither their manager's, in trying to defend what is our position."

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel compared the incident to Liverpool striker Luis Suarez's bite on Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic which attracted a 10-game ban.

"If Suarez had done that people would have cried for another 10-game suspension," the Dane told BBC Match of the Day 2 Extra.

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Oct 03 2013, 04:22

So if one of the officials partly saw it why did they not report it to the Ref? Wonder what the egotistical one will have to say about this? Fek all I expect as the man has zero class . . . .

Post by seebee1944 on Thu Oct 03 2013, 05:24

Former Premier League referee Mark Halsey believes that Jose Mourinho would be laughing at the Football Association after the body decided not to take retrospective action against Chelsea striker Fernando Torres for a clash with Tottenham's Jan Vertonghen last weekend.

Torres appeared to scratch Vertonghen in the face after being sent off for receiving a second yellow card on Sunday as the Blues drew 1-1 with their cross-town rivals at White Hart Lane.

But the Chelsea man was given no extra punishment and must now serve just a one-match ban that comes with receiving the red card. And Halsey believes that the lack of consistency in the FA's actions are making them a laughing stock.

"There is simply no consistency in all this and failing to act in this instance has reduced the FA to a laughing stock," he told the Sun. "If that incident had happened in any other league in Europe, there is no way Torres would have escaped a violent conduct charge.

"And if happened in any of this week's Champions League matches, Uefa would have come down on it like a ton of bricks."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 20 2019, 07:38