The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Anzhi Makhachkala Away

vis

Anzhi Makhachkala Away

Post by vis on Wed Oct 02 2013, 06:35

Versus  

At

Thursday 03rd October 2013.
    Kick-Off @ 1700hrs BST.

Last edited by vis on Thu Oct 03 2013, 03:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to put piccy of correct stadium in lol)

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis

Re: Anzhi Makhachkala Away

Post by vis on Wed Oct 02 2013, 06:41

FC Anzhi Makhachkala (Russian: ФК "Анжи" Махачкала) is a Russian football club based in Makhachkala, capital of the Republic of Dagestan. Founded in 1991, the club competes in the Russian Premier League, playing their home games at the Anzhi-Arena.

The club was founded in 1991 by former Dinamo Makhachkala player Magomed-Sultan Magomedov, then head of Dagnefteprodukt, and took part in its first season in the Dagestan League the same year. They ended up as league champions with an unbeaten record and 16 wins out of 20 matches.

Due to the dissolution of the Soviet Union, the club entered Zone 1 of the Russian Second Division (the third-highest tier) in 1992 and finished in 5th place. The club won their Group in 1993, but due to league reorganisation were not promoted, and remained in the new Western Zone of the third tier until a second-place finish in 1996 guaranteed promotion to the First Division, under the coaching of Eduard Malofeev. A key player in Anzhi's early history was Azerbaijani international forward Ibragim Gasanbekov, who was the team's top scorer in all of their first seven seasons. He was league top scorer in 1993 (30 goals) and 1996 (33 goals).

Anzhi participated in the 2001–02 UEFA Cup. Their opponents were Rangers of Scotland. Instead of usual home-and-away fixtures, UEFA decided to hold a single match in a neutral venue (Warsaw) due to the unstable situation in neighbouring Chechnya. Rangers won the match 1–0. After finishing 5th in the 2011–12 Russian Premier League, Anzhi qualified for the group stage of the UEFA Europa League for the first time in the club's history, after eliminating Budapest Honvéd in the 2nd qualifying round, Vitesse in the 3rd qualifying round, and AZ Alkmaar in the play-off round. However they had to play home matches at the Luzhniki Stadium due to unrest in Makhachkala. They finished 2nd in group A behind Liverpool, both games between the two ended as 1-0 home wins, both teams and Young Boys took the top three positions in the group with ten points each and were ranked by their head-to-head record with Udinese bottom with four points, Anzhi were the only team in the group not to lose at home, having won all their home games in the group stage. Guus Hiddink's team were drawn with German side Hannover, who won group L. The Russians won the first leg 3-1 at the Luzhniki Stadium before a 1-1 draw in Germany sent them through 4-2 on aggregate. They faced Newcastle United in the next round, Alan Pardew's men became the first team to deny Anzhi a home win in European competition in the first leg before Papiss Cisse headed home the winner for the Magpies in the last second of the second leg at St James' Park with Mehdi Carcela-González sent off for Guus Hiddink's team

http://www.fc-anji.ru/

http://ddanzhi.forum24.ru/

Bit of info snatched from Wikipedia so I don't say it's correct lol. And for those fortunate to read Russian links for the clubs website & a fan site . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 02 2013, 07:50

why not play soldado. he needs goals. save defoe for the bubble blowers.

i would rest verts

give lamela and chadi a game
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Oct 03 2013, 03:03

Agree with you Lought . . . . .

Friedel
    Fryers Kaboul Chiriches Walker
               Sandro
    Chadlli   Lamela  Townsend
               Holtby
               Soldado

vis

Post by vis on Thu Oct 03 2013, 03:04

Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas is likely to hand run-outs to Jermain Defoe, Lewis Holtby and record signing Erik Lamela against Anzhi Makhachkala.

Defoe has scored six goals in three starts this season and will hope to help Tottenham record their second victory in Group K.

However, Spurs are still without long-term injury victims Etienne Capoue and Aaron Lennon for the trip to Russia.

Anzhi will be missing striker Lacina Traore because of a shoulder injury.

The match will be played in Moscow's Saturn Stadium, which has a capacity of 16,500, and victory would put Spurs in control of a group which also contains FC Sheriff of Moldova and Norwegian side Tromso.

Tottenham face West Ham in the Premier League on Sunday, just three days after their long trip to Russia but Villas-Boas has dismissed the notion that the midweek excursion could be used as an excuse for any potential slip-up in the Premier League.

"Last year we were also in a very difficult group [NK Maribor, Panathinaikos and Lazio] and this year it's the same," Villas-Boas told Uefa.com.

"Our objective is to progress. We know we have to make a big, big effort regarding the trips, but we will be ready and we have learned from last season that we can't use the Europa League as an excuse.

"We have to use it as an example and the players will be fully motivated to do it this season too."

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 01:50

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 01:55

Team announced to face Anji Makhachkala tonight and Vlad Chiriches makes his first European start for Spurs:

Lloris; Walker, Fryers, Kaboul, Chiriches; Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Chadli, Holtby; Defoe

Subs: Friedel, Dawson, Naughton, Sigurdsson, Soldado, Kane, Eriksen
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 02:25

Strong team & bench. Surprised Friedel didn't get a start . . . .

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Oct 04 2013, 03:41

My god ,what a shit pitch

vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 03:56

Who the fek is the co-commentator on ITV4? I swear to you he is draining my very life force. Honestly he is stealing my will to live. He is like a commentating vampire, sucking the joy & enthusiasim out of me. What a dull, dour individual. Good score line at half-time but the team look like they are just going through the motions with this one . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 04:56

2000+ mile round trip to play a practice game on a cow pasture? Ho-hum. One things for sure is that UEFA don't give a shit about carbon footprints & global warming!
    My stand out player was Fryers. Thought he had a good & steady game . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:06

ye that co comentator should never do a game again. he sounded like he did not want to be there

as for the team none of them can be sure of a start aganst west ham apart from walker

what load of rubbish second half. they put themselfs under pressure with that stupid back passing.

whats the point of chadi and lamela when neither like running down the wing.
    chadi offerd nothing down that left side.

thought the new guy showed composure on the ball.

dembele first half getting into the box then not passing...........
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:22

Which new guy Lought? There are several of them mate . . . .

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:32

vis wrote:Which new guy Lought? There are several of them mate . . . .
    Think he means Chiriches Vis, looks very composed. See he got his usual dig in on Dembele. Dembele does a good job of ball retention, let the likes of Lamela, Holtby and Eriksen make the forward passes.
    What's the point of going to deepest Russia and going flat out on a Sunday league pitch and getting injuries. Yet another team at home more interested in defending than going at us, a professional performance making sure we have strong, fit team for the league matches.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:38

this happend so many times in this tourment last season.

did u notice demble in the first half. hes not a patch on ozil

he dont need to take two players on

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:48

Loughtonguy wrote:this happend so many times in this tourment  last season.    

did u notice demble in the first half.     hes not a patch on ozil

What the fuck has Ozil got to do with it other than another in the long list of players in other teams that you praise above players on the team your supposed to support. Perhaps you need to work out who you really support, cos it don't look like Spurs.

vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:54

Tottenham took control of Europa League Group K with a second successive victory as they brushed aside a drab Anzhi Makhachkala in Moscow.

Jermain Defoe scored his seventh goal in four starts this season, blasting home from Lewis Holtby's precise pass.

Nacer Chadli swept home a low cross from Kyle Walker soon after to double the visitors' lead.

Anzhi substitute Lacina Traore added some class to the hosts in the second half, but they still rarely threatened.

Defoe should have polished his personal goal-scoring statistics late on, but dallied after rounding goalkeeper Evgeni Pomazan, allowing a mob of covering defenders to snuff out the chance.

Anzhi met Liverpool in the group stages last season, winning 1-0 in Moscow before losing by the same scoreline on Merseyside, and were eventually eliminated by an injury-time goal from Newcastle's Papiss Cisse in the knockout stages.

Since then though billionaire owner Suleyman Kerimov's enthusiasm for bankrolling the Dagestan club has waned with expensive foreign stars like Samuel Eto'o, Willian and Yuri Zhirkov all sold off.

By contrast, Tottenham spent the summer bringing in talent after selling Gareth Bale to Real Madrid for a world-record fee and Defoe, Holtby and former Roma playmaker Erik Lamela were among those in the line-up after not starting at the weekend's draw with Chelsea.

The home side, and Pavel Solomatin in particular, made the brighter start however, with the striker wrongly flagged offside before forcing Vlad Chiriches into a stretching recovery tackle.

Initially Tottenham could not translate possession into clear-cut chances, but once Holtby slid the ball through the Anzhi rearguard for Defoe to emphatically hammer into the roof of the net, they were always in control.

Six minutes later Walker encountered little opposition as he advanced down the left before setting up summer signing Chadli to steer in his second goal for the club.

Defoe missed a chance to press his case for promotion into manager Villas-Boas' first-choice XI and stretch the lead when he swiped thin air as the ball ran loose in the box.

Anzhi striker Traore, who signed from Kuban Krasnodar for a reported fee of £15.1m in February 2011 and is expected to join the exodus from the club in January, occasionally raised the encounter's sluggish tempo after coming on at the break.

The Ivory Coast international combined well with fellow substitute Andrei Eschenko to force Hugo Lloris into a hurried block with his shins and the Tottenham goalkeeper was stretched by Solomatin's smartly-hit effort shortly after.

But Tottenham secured victory without raising their game far beyond exhibition pace and their main concerns as the clock ticked down were a minor injury to Younes Kaboul and Lamela's indifferent performance before he was withdrawn in favour of Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Finding his feet

Erik Lamela's 79.5% rate of passing accuracy against Anzhi was the lowest of all Tottenham's outfield players.

79.5% was the worst?Well when you see that stat not too sad . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:56

This match showed exactly why Defoe shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11. Yes he scores against weak opposition but his linkup play is so bad it's unreal. Soldado is twice the player Defoe is. He's a great impact sub and to play against weaker teams, but he's simply not good enough.

why are we defending against the bottom team in russia at any score?
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 05:59

Loughtonguy wrote:this happend so many times in this tourment  last season.    

did u notice demble in the first half.     hes not a patch on ozil

So he ain't Toad of Toad hall Lought? And Chadli ain't Bale. And Lennon ain't Ronaldo. And Adabadbigtoe ain't van persie. Who cares? This is a squad not a bunch of individuals. An easyish win with no apparent injuries. Surely even you can find deep joy in that? Or are you trolling again? Another win, another clean sheet, another positive . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 06:05

Loughtonguy wrote:This match showed exactly why Defoe shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11. Yes he scores against weak opposition but his linkup play is so bad it's unreal. Soldado is twice the player Defoe is. He's a great impact sub and to play against weaker teams, but he's simply not good enough.

BSflag 

Lought we won . . . .

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Fri Oct 04 2013, 06:09

Loughtonguy wrote:This match showed exactly why Defoe shouldn't be anywhere near our first 11. Yes he scores against weak opposition but his linkup play is so bad it's unreal. Soldado is twice the player Defoe is. He's a great impact sub and to play against weaker teams, but he's simply not good enough.

You really don't have a clue Lought, it was Anzhi that was getting 11 men behind the ball. So what do you expect, go full pelt on a shit pitch and end up with a load of injuries, you do what is necessary and give fringe players game time and stop keep comparing players, so far Ozil has the freedom of the pitch, let's see how he does when a team plonks 11 men behind the ball, so far his had easy games.

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 06:31

lloris 6. decent display
    walker 7 one of the better players
    chirches 7 good game. looks composed.
    kaboul 5 looks nerveous. limped off again. worrying times for him
    fryers. did hes job but did not get forward once
    sandro 5 can see why hes not back in the first team yet. poor display
    dembelle. 4 would of dragged him off at half time. 3/4 times he gets in there pen box then wont do the sensibile thing and pass
    chadi. 5 1 goal but offerd nothing down the left.
    lamelaa. you can see he has talent but was really poor.
    defoe. good goal but thats it. was caught offside second half when he didnt need to be
    holtby 5. tried really hard

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 06:33

they did not park the bus. we the ones that tried to bore the game out
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Oct 04 2013, 06:40

Loughtonguy wrote:they did not park the bus.  we the ones that  tried to  bore the game out
    And does that matter Lought? 2-0 up & a game on Sunday? I bet if it had of been a Mourinho team you would be cumming in your pants at his clever management in keeping it tight and closing the game off. But no it's Spurs so you criticise. Spurs won and won easily but still you have to find fault . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 04 2013, 06:47

chelsea Steaua Bucharest away 4 0 them teams go for the kill.
    spurs dont have a ruthless streak like arsenal chelsea have

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content