The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
West Ham Home - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

West Ham Home - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

West Ham Home

West Ham Home - Page 4 Empty Re: West Ham Home

Post by BazSpur on Mon Oct 07 2013, 07:50

I'd like to ask Lought why he supports Spurs. The other thing I'd like to say to you Lought is stop hi-jacking the Spurs posts by bringing Tarrabt into the conversation every time we get a bad result. no one is interested in what he does or doesn't do. This forum is about Spurs and not players who play for other teams. There is another forum called Other Football News where you can post about him until your hearts comtent. Wouldn't mind if he even played for the Spams but he don't.

Last edited by BazSpur on Mon Oct 07 2013, 09:49; edited 1 time in total

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 07 2013, 08:48

a few people have said we been crap but its me that gets pulled up about it.

phillips post is spot on. and the same as what i been saying.

why is avb playing walker if hes injurd.

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Mon Oct 07 2013, 09:54

djfitzo wrote:
    philip wrote:I am not going to comment on  Lough's childish comments  as  Dave implied if people do not want to Support Spurs and  offer  constructive criticism then they can fck off  else and  support other team. On the other hand it seems to be a typical Lough's wind up which I am really not interested to get involved

To the point the blame is at the door of the manager, everything went wrong today. Ndebele should have been substituted he goes past players then loses the ball, slows down the play basically  he is crap.
    The left side was non-existent, why not  play  Vet instead  and Norton for  Walker who was definitely not  fit.  Why the fck play Ndebele, Walker and Defoe on  Th ursday instead of resting them
    Holby and Sandro should have been involved , basically we were predictable and looked tired no zip.

AVB has done ok until today, I would put this result to bad day at the office  and let hope AVB will learn from this as we fans  can not go through this kind of humiliation again. Bring on Sandro
    Philip, that's all I want is for so called supporters to say why they think it went wrong today. You can't just let  2 goals in all season and then 3 in one game. I'm gutted and I don't want to hear how good other managers or players are, even if the basis is complete bollox.
    It happens every time we have a blip, apparently we have been shit for ages, yet we sit one game off the top of the league. We've heard for weeks that we have to give the players time even though we have done well, but the second we a bad day, those same players are nice not good enough. The most laughable one is if Lamela is worth 30 million, Adel is worth 50, FFS, the kids hardly played and two weeks ago someone said they liked the way he passed and his movement.

I agree with you entirely hence my comments,  Lought knows I do agree with his comments when he is right but in this case he is totally out of order as you   and Baz have mentioned we have to support the team and offer constructive criticism. Always commenting about former players and teams is taking the pee, to me it sounds like Lough always like inciting reactions for the sake of it and his own gratification. We should only react to relevant points and ignore the rest  
    You are spot on a day like this we should be talking about the team and not anything else.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 07 2013, 17:21

philip wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    philip wrote:I am not going to comment on  Lough's childish comments  as  Dave implied if people do not want to Support Spurs and  offer  constructive criticism then they can fck off  else and  support other team. On the other hand it seems to be a typical Lough's wind up which I am really not interested to get involved

To the point the blame is at the door of the manager, everything went wrong today. Ndebele should have been substituted he goes past players then loses the ball, slows down the play basically  he is crap.
    The left side was non-existent, why not  play  Vet instead  and Norton for  Walker who was definitely not  fit.  Why the fck play Ndebele, Walker and Defoe on  Th ursday instead of resting them
    Holby and Sandro should have been involved , basically we were predictable and looked tired no zip.

AVB has done ok until today, I would put this result to bad day at the office  and let hope AVB will learn from this as we fans  can not go through this kind of humiliation again. Bring on Sandro
    Philip, that's all I want is for so called supporters to say why they think it went wrong today. You can't just let  2 goals in all season and then 3 in one game. I'm gutted and I don't want to hear how good other managers or players are, even if the basis is complete bollox.
    It happens every time we have a blip, apparently we have been shit for ages, yet we sit one game off the top of the league. We've heard for weeks that we have to give the players time even though we have done well, but the second we a bad day, those same players are nice not good enough. The most laughable one is if Lamela is worth 30 million, Adel is worth 50, FFS, the kids hardly played and two weeks ago someone said they liked the way he passed and his movement.

I agree with you entirely hence my comments,  Lought knows I do agree with his comments when he is right but in this case he is totally out of order as you   and Baz have mentioned we have to support the team and offer constructive criticism. Always commenting about former players and teams is taking the pee, to me it sounds like Lough always like inciting reactions for the sake of it and his own gratification. We should only react to relevant points and ignore the rest  
    You are spot on a day like this we should be talking about the team and not anything else.
    And it's why Spurs fans get the tag fickle. Perhaps I'm an old romantic, but I do criticize when I think it necessary, but. I never go over the top and rubbish any player that pulls on a Spurs shirt and I never go on about opposition players or managers because they have nothing to do with the club I love. What really upsets me is the constant carping and changing of opinion, I really think Lought forgets what he posts and when I try to point things out and show facts he ignores it send posts abt something else about an ex player and shifts onto the Mata or the special one, I don't give a flying fuck abt anything other then Spurs, AVB will get it right, but Spurs fans have manage do convince Levy in the past, maybe they will do it again with AVB and we can all start from scratch and become mid table mediocrity, which is what I've known for most of mt Spurs supporting life.

Post by BazSpur on Mon Oct 07 2013, 19:54

The point is all this negativity does nothing to help the team. It doesn't matter on here but I should imagine there were a few giving players stick at the Lane yesterday. As I have said, in all the time I went to the Lane which was over a period of 30 odd years I saw good times and bad times but I never, ever booed the team or a player. IT DOESN'T HELP. Even when we were relegated no one booed the team that day. We had more decorum in those days. And I don't go with the excuse I pay my money so can do what I like. That is bollocks. Get behind the team no matter what, Booing does fuck all for the confidence of the players.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Tue Oct 08 2013, 02:33

NOT ABOUT LOSING BUT HOW YOU LOSE.

I EXPECT BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYED WITH BETTER PLAYERS .

THAN WHAT ARRY TEAM PLAYED WITH WORSER PLAYERS. BUT BETTER FOOTBALL PLAYED.

THESE PLAYERS ARE ON GREAT MONEY YET DONT SEAM TO DO THE BASICS RIGHT.

WE ALL KNOW THIS IS A RESULTS BUSINESS AND IVE SACREFICED ALOT BECAUSE THE TEAM WAS GETTING RESULTS, THERE'S A FINE LINE WHAT FANS EXPECT ONCE THEY GO THROUGH THE TURNSTILES I DONT AGREE WITH THE BOO BOYS BUT IN ANY OTHER WORK IF YOU NOT UP TO SCRATCH YOU GET SACKED. IM WILLING TO GIVE THIS TEAM SUM LEEWAY DUE TO NEW PLAYERS ECT. BUT IN 6 MONTHS TIME OR 12MTHS THIS TEAM NOT LEARNED THEN WE JUST GOT TO EXCEPT THE BUYS WERE NOT AS GOOD AS WE THOUGHT , AND THAT FINISHING OUT THE TOP 4 IS OUR LEVEL AND JUST GOT TO EXCEPT IT.

THE NATURE OF THE GAME AS CHANGED NOW BIG REWARDS AND MEDIA PRESSURE TO SUCCEED AT ALL COSTS.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 08 2013, 05:06

baz i agree with you. even though i dont go as much anymore. but when i do go i never boo. nothing worse then players booing you when your playing. it affects your confidence.

loads of spurs fans left early yesterday. even at 0 0 they outsung us. our fans turn up for the small games thinking all we got to do is win

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 08 2013, 05:07

when you pay 30 mill for a player you expect him to settle straight away.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 08 2013, 05:37

this result been comming after our second half display aganst chelsea

Post by totalytot on Tue Oct 08 2013, 06:01

Last season we lacked a playmaker and we missed Modric but we had Bale who could take the game by the scruff of the neck and score outrageous goals that won us matches.

What was missing yesterday and in fact most if not all of our games so far this season was someone who could grab the ball and run past defenders with no fear and put the ball in the net .

Bale's gone and there is nothing we can do about that but I think he's missed more than many thought he would be.

The sad thing is I don't think it's going to work out for him at Madrid, Ronaldo will make sure of that.

Maybe we can get him back at half price.

But it's what I thought was missing against the Hammers. Loads of posession but no match winner.

Mikey M

Post by BazSpur on Tue Oct 08 2013, 06:35

As much as I hate to say it Mikey, I agree with you. We were screaming for a player that would run at their defence and shit the life out of them. I don't think we have missed Bale a lot this season but we did yesterday.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 08 2013, 07:24

i really think put sandro in the team. drop dembele then you got sandro winning the ball then given it to erikson. yesterday it was dembele getting forward but he dont have the vison.

there was one time early in the first half dembele got past 2 players and should of played a through ball to defoe but he stopped then went sideways.

holtby can do it. he has vison and can pick players out
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Oct 08 2013, 07:29

In a nutshell ,just thinking you can turn up. We have the players, need to get the mentality right, the teams around us are no better, watched all our closest rivals and none stand out.

Tottenham midfielder Mousa Dembele insists the team have to maintain their focus against lower-placed sides if they have ambitions to qualify for the Champions League at the end of the season.

The Belgium international believes incentive against the top teams is not a problem for the Tottenham squad.

But Dembele hopes the 3-0 Premier League defeat to London rivals West Ham at White Hart Lane on Sunday will act as a wake-up call.

"If we want to be there with the top four, we need to win these games," Dembele said.

"You see the top teams, if they want to be champions, they have to win these smaller games and you can see it's the difference with the guys who become champions, they win these smaller games.

"It's easier to play against the top teams for the motivation but if we want to be a top team, we need to be concentrated for these kind of games," the Belgian said.

"It's a mental thing. We have to talk with the team and we need to concentrate each other. It's normal.

"We have a lot of players and you can change very quickly the team, so everyone needs to know it's a difficult season."
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Oct 08 2013, 07:40

Loughtonguy wrote:when you pay 30 mill for a player you expect him to settle straight away.
    Lought,it was only the other week you said you liked the look of him, always on the move, crisp passing, we have to trust Baldini's judgement, he was at Roma with him and knows the continental market very well, so there's a reason we paid so much for him.

Post by BazSpur on Tue Oct 08 2013, 07:44

Time, time, time. It will all come good.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Oct 08 2013, 07:48

My thought is that West Ham always treat this as their cup final and were up for it, wereas we weren't, it was only last week they lost at Hull with the same team. We really have to get this "they are not worthy" attitude out of our thinking and treat every team like Chelsea or Arsenal. I thought the first few games against the lesser teams we did that, just could not convert the chances. Fresh start after International break and let's see if AVB can earn his corn and get them firing again.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 08 2013, 08:10

i do think lamela will come good. but he needs a run of games. but will he get that.

why not towsend on the left and lamela on the right seeing as chadi keeps cutting in.

what i dont like is we had gio who got best youngster at the last world cup then harry never gave him a prem game the we had falque who was one our better players in the early rounds of the uefa cup and also did not get a chance.

i hear there was loads of boos for avb on sunday. now that i dont agree with.

hes made mistakes but like you said. nobody looking like they can run away with the title.

man u look dodgy and if rooney goes in january like i think he will then thats them gone
    man c on there day can beat anyone
    arsenal prob have there best team they had in ages but no goalscorer
    chelsea again have no decent striker.
    liverpool do look good now
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Oct 08 2013, 08:19

what i dont like is we had gio who got best youngster at the last world cup then harry never gave him a prem game the we had falque who was one our better players in the early rounds of the uefa cup and also did not get a chance.

PMSL Lought the grass is always greener for you & the players that have gone will always be better. Just can't seem to help yourself mate. Always rose tinted comparisons. Yoy were a huge fan of Dembele when he joined. Berated me for questioning his & Dempseys signings and now you think he is crap and that players who have left would be better. Knee jerk reactions at there worst . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by BazSpur on Tue Oct 08 2013, 08:34

What Vis said.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 08 2013, 09:12

nah never been a lover of dembele. dempsey i did stick up for. he got vital goals because he was in the box. i wonder if he was on the pitch when we needed a goal aganst arsenal if he would of scored.

gio now playing well for villareal
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Wed Oct 09 2013, 05:27

Lought mate you just can't compare previous players to this team. It's unfair. You may as well say I wonder if Klinnsman, Lineker, Chivers or Greaves would have scored? Often players are moved on because they just don't make the grade. Sometimes like Berbatov & Bale because they want to and sometimes , just simply, because the club & player just don't work together . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16 2019, 20:17