The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

not ruthless enough """"""""""""""""""

not ruthless enough """"""""""""""""""

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Sat Oct 05 2013, 21:58

Tottenham tweeted: “The Club is delighted to announce that Michael Dawson has signed a new three-year contract, committing his future to the Club until 2016.”
    Read more at http://talksport.com/football/dawson-signs-new-deal-tottenham-13100562902#o5AfapGbiEHWv791.99

FIRST LENNON NOW DAWSON THIS WHY WE NEVER GET 4TH SPOT PLYERS KEEPING US AT THE SAME LEVEL BEFORE WE GET RID ....Evil or Very Mad 

Re: not ruthless enough """"""""""""""""""

Post by BazSpur on Sat Oct 05 2013, 23:00

FIRST LENNON NOW DAWSON THIS WHY WE NEVER GET 4TH SPOT PLYERS KEEPING US AT THE SAME LEVEL BEFORE WE GET RID .... Evil or Very Mad 

LLR, may I just point out we have got 4th spot twice in recent years.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Sun Oct 06 2013, 02:10

4th was a benchmark i want to believe we can get higher , signings players to contract extensions when clearly there better days have gone make no sense to me ie lennon , dawson ect.

Post by totalytot on Sun Oct 06 2013, 03:41

Dawson and Lennon are good players who have more good games than they have bad and they form part of a strong squad.

Less than 6 months ago Dawson was nearly sold for 10 milliion and it was only just over a year ago that Liverpool were prepared to pay 20 mil for Lennon.

If you sold them you would have to replace them and spend what another 20 mil?

So keep them they are both worth having and Lennon can still be a match winner in fact his pace is one of the things that have been missing lately.

This team has not started to gel yet so we may need the old guard to pull us through if things don't go so well.

Because we have spent 110 mil doesn't guarantee success.

Mikey M

Post by BazSpur on Sun Oct 06 2013, 04:29

Spot on Mikey.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Sun Oct 06 2013, 06:08

Keep Lennon yes, but would we miss Dawson?, not sure we would, don't we have enough cover in that position?. He is a very good club man, but imo is prone to making some costly mistakes.
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Oct 06 2013, 06:47

2 good squad players & it is a squad game these days. You hope there will be plenty of games to go round for all the squad to be used and to all play their part. 17 games, nearly half a league season of games, if we want to win the Europa. I agree that we possibly have better players in the posistions ahead of Daws & Lennon now but who would you get in better to replace them as squad members? Not too many better available at the right price's . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Sun Oct 06 2013, 08:03

a lot thought  caulker better than dawson 1 gets realeased other get 3 yrs contract surely you take gamble on caulker coming good than dawson who is injury prone and mistake prone.

ps. when was lennon/s last game were he was a match winner ?

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Sun Oct 06 2013, 11:39

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:a lot thought  caulker better than dawson 1 gets realeased other get 3 yrs contract surely you take gamble on caulker coming good than dawson who is injury prone and mistake prone.

ps. when was lennon/s last game were he was a match winner ?
    Caulker was not prepared to be on the bench
    Tying them up on long contract ensures that we get top value if we sell them. Do you remember Leonnon's performance against Sunderkand last year?

Post by totalytot on Sun Oct 06 2013, 21:27

Boltjean wrote:Keep Lennon yes, but would we miss Dawson?, not sure we would, don't we have enough cover in that position?. He is a very good club man, but imo is prone to making some costly mistakes.
    Most defenders, especially CD make mistakes.Look at Jones, a current England player,yesterday against Sunderland. Cahill another England regular is always making costly errors. No I think we could do a lot worse if we moved him out.

He's had some good games in Europe and with this seasons schedule we need as many experienced players as we can to stay fit.

Mikey M

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 06 2013, 23:33

dawson a really nice guy who loved the club. hes not my first choice but as a sqaud player im happy with him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20 2017, 18:52