The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Aston Villa Away

MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Re: Aston Villa Away

Post by MarkA249 on Mon Oct 21 2013, 06:24

totalytot wrote:
     Poor game though Vis. The first half hour was some of the worst football I've seen from us for a long time, the passing was awful.

Sure if it stays like that we get 3 points but the way we play wont win anything.

Where is the playmaker it's crying out for Eriksen? Why was he not in the side?

Mikey M  
    agree spot on Mikey

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 21 2013, 06:49

worse then west ham. worse then anzi worse then arsenal worse then that crap team we played in the uefa cup
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Oct 21 2013, 07:15

Not as bad as the Bubble Blowers Lought but not as good as against arsenil, I still think we should have had at least draw there, and I feel we have played OK in the Europa so far. We seem business like rather than flair infused at present . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 21 2013, 07:48

It was nice to see Soldado do what we paid all that money for, won the ball with good body position and ice cool finish, JD just panics when he gets in positions like that, just like at the West Ham game where he got put through by Paulinho then, give Jermain and snap shot he he will hit the target, but teams are playing deep against us and it takes more guile, potential banana skin avoided and Arsenal still got Pool,Cheatski and Manure to play and all those midfielders to keep happy, Ramsey after a great start to the season started on the bench and you got Walnut, The Ox and Podolski to fit in yet and only one defensive midfielder on the books and we fully ain't hit our straps yet. The Hammers was a fluke as proved yesterday against Citeh.

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Oct 21 2013, 07:52

first 20 mins of the worst football seen in a long time , worrying that our 9 times loanie - is now signed , is now our best player . so what does avb do when we play slow football bring on dembele to play even slower , there is no signs of us improving at this moment in time , 3pts yes but hand on heart we will win NOTHING plying like that. we once was the FASTEST counter attacking team in prem 12mths on we are the slowest now wtf. and dont get me started on dawson he cant even read a book never mind a game. we were lucky benteke wernt 100% all though there shite i expected more from them. im not taking any excuses this season money we spent we look a worse team .

if things dont improve i think we will finish 6th - 8th.

i want to say well done lads but taking the pts away im worried this season is going to be a uphill struggle

lets see were we are after xmas and that im not pressing the panic button to early.

vis

Post by vis on Mon Oct 21 2013, 08:03

We sold Bale our fastest player on the counter attack. Lennon injured until today. Lennon & Townsend wide we may see that pace on the counter again but as I said at the start of the season we may just have to get used to a more balanced style of build up rather then the gung-ho everyone chase forwards style of the last few seasons . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 21 2013, 08:10

vis wrote:We sold Bale our fastest player on the counter attack. Lennon injured until today. Lennon & Townsend wide we may see that pace on the counter again but as I said at the start of the season we may just have to get used to a more balanced style of build up rather then the gung-ho everyone chase forwards style of the last few seasons . . . . .
    I'd rather take the solid team performances this term than the barn door approach of Redknapp and some of last season until we are fully bedded in, I'm not worried at all ad for all that speed and counter attacking las term, where did we finish ?

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 21 2013, 08:14

exactly. to think for the last 10 games last season sandro got hurt and we had a midfeild of parker and livermoor for a lot of games. dempsey up front. and still got our highest points tally.

people say we bottled it last season but the truth is we had a good end of season run and only lost 1 game i think. we didnt drop many points.

nobody could of predicted how well them other lot did. even if arsenal and chelsea got loads of help from other teams.

like the man u already had the prem sown up so put the kids out aganst chelsea. i still dont know why fergie would want to do rafa a favor. or the arsenal game when he took rooney off.

vis

Post by vis on Mon Oct 21 2013, 08:20

Dave if we keep getting results then I ain't too fussed either lol. 5 goals conceded in 8 games is a good defensive foundation. Yes we need to be scoring more but that will come. Yes the midfield needs a touch more flair but that will come as well. As I understand this result helps match our best start to Premier League season? Not bad considering so many think we aren't playing that well . . . .

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 21 2013, 08:23

would like to see lennon on one side and towsend in the middle .

just hope we get that ruthless streak that other big clubs have.

today was a big 3 points after losing the last game
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Oct 21 2013, 08:31

Eriksen in the middle for me Lought.

Lloris
    Rose/Big? V Big V/Chirles/Daws/Kaboul?  Walker/Kaboul?
                        Sandro Paulinho
           Townsend                     Lennon
                          Eriksen
                         Soldado

I've paired the defense up as due to injury we are missing some and also to show we have options . . . . .

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 21 2013, 08:47

omg i meant towsend on the other side lol

Soldado today had 1 shot, 1 goal, 3 key passes & 1 assist.

Post by totalytot on Mon Oct 21 2013, 10:33

Loughtonguy wrote:how can someone say that was some of the worst passing in the first half.  thought we played well controlled the game.

good team selection from avb and good subs.

and thats what happens when dembele and defoe dont start.    soldado link up play. holtby lively always looking for a forward ball. sandro a beast and paullino what a player
    You couldn't have been watching the same game as me if you thought the first half we played well. As I said the first 30 mins we were crap.

Mikey M

Post by totalytot on Mon Oct 21 2013, 10:35

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:first 20 mins of the worst football seen in a long time , worrying that our 9 times loanie - is now signed , is now our best player . so what does avb do when we play slow football bring on dembele to play even slower , there is no signs of us improving at this moment in time , 3pts yes but hand on heart we will win NOTHING plying like that. we once was the FASTEST counter attacking team in prem  12mths on we are the slowest now wtf.  and dont get me started on dawson he cant even read a book never mind a game. we were lucky benteke wernt 100% all though there shite i expected more from them. im not taking any excuses this season money we spent we look a worse team .

if things dont improve i think we will finish 6th  - 8th.

i want to say well done lads but taking the pts away im worried this season is going to be a uphill struggle

lets see were we are after xmas  and that im not pressing the panic button to early.  

Exactly my feelings

Mikey M
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Mon Oct 21 2013, 16:43

djfitzo wrote:
    vis wrote:We sold Bale our fastest player on the counter attack. Lennon injured until today. Lennon & Townsend wide we may see that pace on the counter again but as I said at the start of the season we may just have to get used to a more balanced style of build up rather then the gung-ho everyone chase forwards style of the last few seasons . . . . .
    I'd rather take the solid team performances this term than the barn door approach of Redknapp and some of last season until we are fully  bedded in, I'm not worried at all ad for all that speed and counter attacking las term, where did we finish ?

5th but where did we finish when we was a fast counter attacking team with Redknickers in charge im not slagging off AVB but we cant play that slow all the time its painful yes we got 3 points and we are doing well ba the West Ham game but its not going to last with the slow tempo

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 21 2013, 18:33

totalytot wrote:
    Loughtonguy wrote:how can someone say that was some of the worst passing in the first half.  thought we played well controlled the game.

good team selection from avb and good subs.

and thats what happens when dembele and defoe dont start.    soldado link up play. holtby lively always looking for a forward ball. sandro a beast and paullino what a player
    You couldn't have been watching the same game as me if you thought the first half we played well. As I said the first 30 mins we were crap.

Mikey M
    Mikey, both teams did not play particulary well in the first 20 minutes, do you think that had something to do with the pissing down of rain and for anyone that's played in those conditions, at any level, makes it very difficult to control the ball.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 21 2013, 18:41

MarkA249 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    I'd rather take the solid team performances this term than the barn door approach of Redknapp and some of last season until we are fully  bedded in, I'm not worried at all ad for all that speed and counter attacking las term, where did we finish ?

5th but where did we finish when we was a fast counter attacking team with Redknickers in charge im not slagging off AVB but we cant play that slow all the time its painful yes we got 3 points and we are doing well ba the West Ham game but its not going to last with the slow tempo

You cant draw a parallel with that team, we had Modric and Bale and VDV, the other teams in the top 6 that year were poor, apart from Manure, they have all strengthened
    since then and are much stronger. Strange think is you say its not going to last, but here we are 9 games in. Whilst technically superior have seen how slow Barca's build up play is? Quicken it when necessary. When Redchnapps was in charge we was a bit of an unknown quantity where teams would let us play, now, even Arsenal for the last 20 minutes, got men behind the ball. Last 20 minutes yesterday Villa were fucked chasing us around closing us down whilst we were in my mind patient, not slow. Aint going gung-ho been Spurs problem in the past, all bomb forward and leave fucking great big gaps in midfield and defence. Sorry guys, just cant agree, especially as the weather dictated the first half hour of ysterdays match.

Post by seebee1944 on Mon Oct 21 2013, 19:33

Another 3 points another away win another clean sheet can't believe some of the negativity on here
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Mon Oct 21 2013, 20:07

djfitzo wrote:
    MarkA249 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

You cant draw a parallel with that team, we had Modric and Bale and VDV, the other teams in the top 6 that year were poor, apart from Manure, they have all strengthened
    since then and are much stronger. Strange think is you say its not going to last, but here we are 9 games in. Whilst technically superior have seen how slow Barca's build up play is? Quicken it when necessary. When Redchnapps was in charge we was a bit of an unknown quantity where teams would let us play, now, even Arsenal for the last 20 minutes, got men behind the ball. Last 20 minutes yesterday Villa were fucked chasing us around closing us down whilst we were in my mind patient, not slow. Aint going gung-ho been Spurs problem in the past, all bomb forward and leave fucking great big gaps in midfield and defence. Sorry guys, just cant agree, especially as the weather dictated the first half hour of ysterdays match.

Im not saying im right i just dont agree with the way we r playing its my thoughts. As for saying we had Modric Bale VDV yes we did but now we have Eriksen Paulhino Townsend Lamela Dembele i think we r stronger too. as for Barca been slow yes but most of there passing is in the openments half most of our passing yesterday was in our half

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 21 2013, 20:31

MarkA249 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    MarkA249 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Im not saying im right i just dont agree with the way we r playing its my thoughts. As for saying we had Modric Bale VDV  yes we did but now we have Eriksen Paulhino Townsend Lamela Dembele i think we r stronger too. as for Barca been slow yes but most of there passing is in the openments half most of our passing yesterday was in our half
    And there's the difference, the 3 under Redknapp had a season together before we got 4th, the new guys have had less than 9 games and the Spaniards rarely play in torrential rain.

MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Mon Oct 21 2013, 21:27

I do understand u Dave and im not slagging off any players or AVB im not wanting to play gung ho just a bit more ooooommmph maybe it will come as the season wears on. My wife tells me off for playing at a quick tempo too lol! 

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 21 2013, 21:32

MarkA249 wrote:I do understand u Dave and im not slagging off any players or AVB im not wanting to play gung ho just a bit more ooooommmph maybe it will come as the season wears on. My wife tells me off for playing at a quick tempo too lol! 
    lol, your not the only one mate!

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Mon Oct 21 2013, 21:34

Loughtonguy wrote:omg i meant towsend on the other side lol

Soldado today had 1 shot, 1 goal, 3 key passes & 1 assist.
    Its his overall contribution Lought, his running off the ball is excellent and rarely gets caught offside.

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 22 2013, 00:16

yep im not nocking the guy. i can see hes all round game is better then defoe

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo on Tue Oct 22 2013, 01:31

Loughtonguy wrote:yep im not nocking the guy. i can see hes all round game is better then defoe
    Unfortunately the stats don't show how much work he does off the ball and his clever runs. Taped motd2 and watched his goal again this morning before work, the way he took a touch and looked up and calmly placed the ball past Guzman, if only we could get him one on one more often, also the way he positioned his body to win the ball back for Holtby for his goal. Unless he has a snap shot and doesn't have to think about it, i'm afraid poor old JD not in the same league as Soldado, but a good player to come on with 20 minutes to go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 18 2018, 19:56