The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Stuffing The Aussies EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Stuffing The Aussies EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Stuffing The Aussies EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Stuffing The Aussies EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Stuffing The Aussies EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Stuffing The Aussies EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Stuffing The Aussies EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Stuffing The Aussies EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Stuffing The Aussies EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Stuffing The Aussies Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Stuffing The Aussies

Stuffing The Aussies Empty Stuffing The Aussies

Post by Guest Tue Jul 21 2009, 09:13

How nice .We done the whinging, arrogant, irrating accent people at Cricket. Saw quite a lot of this test and it was fascinating. The way momentum & advantage swung throughout was amazing. I questioned Strauss and not enforcing the follow on but I think his decision was based on trying to grind the Aussies into the dust. Kinda worked but not quite enough. The Aussies 2nd innings will have given them some hope. They do seem to have problems tho'. Opening batsman and frontline bowlers. Get Brett Lee & Shane Watson back and this could change. We seem to be over reliant on El Freddie. We can't keep arranging our bowling attack around when he is able to bowl at full pelt. Maybe Harmison should be thought about ? Stuart Broad will be a fine bowler but seems a bit predictable at the mo. Bopara at #3 is also a worry. Time for Ian Bell again ? Roll on 10 days time when it all starts again . . . . .
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Stuffing The Aussies Empty Re: Stuffing The Aussies

Post by SuneJim Wed Jul 22 2009, 04:53

I was worried Vis to be honest,,,,,,,,, especially when Clarke & Hadden got in & started free scoring. Plus because i thought we should have batted that first morning session & told the likes of Flintoff, Broad & Swann to just swing away.

But we got it right & Flintoff was immense in that final session his bowling was supreme,,,,, simple as. Broad worries me though as he goes for to many runs & gives the batsmen momentum that we can ill afford to do in the games like the ashes. Same with Onions.

Batting it's only Bopara who's not doing it but i can feel a big innings coming from him. Any thing has to be better than Bell,,,,,,,,,, even though his close in fielding is second to none. I also think Priors batting puts him way ahead of any other Keeper & i can't believe Foster got in,,, in front of him for the Twenty/20.

So for me with everyone fit it has to be........
    Struass, Cook, Bopara, Pietersen, Collingwood, Prior, Flintoff, Broad, Swann, Anderson & Harmison.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23 2009, 05:08

pietersons out of the ashes jim, i think bell will get the nod in the next game.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23 2009, 08:10

Looks like Bell will most deffo get the nod. At 3 or 4 tho' ? Maybe Bopara will have a good knock because of it. IMO Pieterson is off his game and probably, hopefully, not be missed. Bring in Denly, or prefreabley, Rob Key from Kent then Bell at 3 and Strauss at 4. Unless we can find a replacement big hitter and I don't think we can . . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23 2009, 08:17

i wouldn change the opening partnership, bell or key at 4 will be good cover for pieterson.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 23 2009, 08:55

Key is one of the best opening bats in the land Burgy. Don't put him down at 4. Opens with Cook. Bell at 3 Strauss at 4.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 20:01