The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Could we start loosing ground EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Could we start loosing ground EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Could we start loosing ground EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Could we start loosing ground EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Could we start loosing ground EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Could we start loosing ground EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Could we start loosing ground EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Could we start loosing ground EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Could we start loosing ground EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Could we start loosing ground Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
MarkA249
LOVELOVEROCKET
djfitzo
Boltjean
8 posters

Could we start loosing ground

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Could we start loosing ground Empty Could we start loosing ground

Post by Boltjean Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:49

Well, after tomorrows game against Hull, November could prove to be a bit of a draw back in keeping in touch with the top sides, in fact it might be a month where we pick up just a point, oh ye of little faith. Just three games this month, Everton and Man City away and Newcastle at home, the game where I think the point will come from. Have we improved to the degree where we can pick up max points in any of these games with players still trying to settle in?, in all honesty I am not to sure, I suppose the West Ham game has made me unsure as to whether we have got to the point where we fear no one. Anyway, December, seven premiership fixtures, three in seven days. Three toughies, Man United and Liverpool at home and Southampton away, four where we should not have to much of a problem, but then this is Spurs we are talking about, Fulham and Sunderland away, and WBA and Stoke at home. Thoughts please as to where we will be in the table come the new year.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Could we start loosing ground Empty Re: Could we start loosing ground

Post by djfitzo Sun Oct 27 2013, 00:57

Boltjean wrote:Well, after tomorrows game against Hull, November could prove to be a bit of a draw back in keeping in touch with the top sides, in fact it might be a month where we pick up just a point, oh ye of little faith. Just three games this month, Everton and Man City away and Newcastle at home, the game where I think the point will come from. Have we improved to the degree where we can pick up max points in any of these games with players still trying to settle in?, in all honesty I am not to sure, I suppose the West Ham game has made me unsure as to whether we have got to the point where we fear no one. Anyway, December, seven premiership fixtures, three in seven days. Three toughies, Man United and Liverpool at home and Southampton away, four where we should not have to much of a problem, but then this is Spurs we are talking about, Fulham and Sunderland away, and WBA and Stoke at home.
    Thoughts please as to where we will be in the table come the new year.
    Len these are big games for the teams we play too and don't forget Arsenal have only played us n their games so far and that came early when we were even less settled then we are now. In the same period they have Everton,Liverpool,Cheatski,Citeh and Manu.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Oct 27 2013, 01:05

Fair point Dave, they won again today, they just can't seem to do anything wrong. The problem is we are now trying to play catch up, they have the point's in the bag, we still have to win ours.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27 2013, 01:12

but the way we set up means we wont concede many.

we can concentrate on the 3 league games now seeing as we all but qualified for the uefa.
    everton we got a good chance now they play a differnt way

man c away is a big test.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Oct 27 2013, 01:32

But the way we set up means we won't concede many. 0-3 at home to West Spam, I did not see the game Lought but would love to know the difference to the way we set up then and the way we are setting up now, I get your point but still can't see how we lost by that score line, I know they had all the luck going there way, still water under the bridge now I know but that game in the week v Sheriff showed how exposed we can be at the back when a team break out there half, I know we will have a different team out tomorrow, but when we play the likes of Liverpool, Everton, City and United, those games will show how much we have improved.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun Oct 27 2013, 05:55

7th going into january.Sad
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Oct 27 2013, 06:25

I pray you are wrong LLR but we are now seventh after todays games, Southampton coming on in leaps and bounds, they are doing well, who would have thought it, third in the table tonight, United starting to catch us up, it will be so close come January and I hope we will be in touch with the leading pack but do not like playing catch up, it puts so much pressure on the players, that West Spam defeat has cost us dearly up to now. Six points behind the gooners now, I know it is early days and will agree we are doing very well, the problem is so are the teams around us, and there are teams that you would not have expected to be up there, as I said Southampton for one. I suppose with the players we bought I honestly expected it to be a five horse race for the Champions League places, United, City, Spurs, Chelsea and the gooners, lets just hope we keep our nerves and those around us start slipping up, just enough for us to get back up there in touch with the leaders.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sun Oct 27 2013, 07:21

if we were plying better id be more confident i think we be found out sooner rrather than later vlad , vert at cbs is the way forward Very Happy 

Post by Guest Sun Oct 27 2013, 07:49

we spent over 100mill on players we really didnt need.

lamela is not a winger. we have towsend and lennon the right.

erikson paullino chriches i think have been good signings.

we had a settled team last season and now we need to wait for players to settle in again.

win tomorrow and we will only be 3 points behind so no panic yet
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Oct 27 2013, 18:20

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:7th going into january.Sad
    Why? The two teams we were closest to Arsenal and Cheatski, one we narrowly lost and Cheatski we drew, only Pool playing Manure has anyone from the top 6 played anyone in contention, some on here are saying what happens when we play a top team and we have played two with players still settling and done ok. Only one team can get three points and you only get one for a draw,starting with today with Cheatski v Citeh, let's see what happens when the top six play each other, they can't all win. Southampton doing well but ain't had any injuries to key players yet.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Oct 27 2013, 18:24

Loughtonguy wrote:we spent over 100mill on players  we really didnt need.

lamela is not a winger.  we have towsend and lennon the right.

erikson paullino  chriches i think have been good signings.

we had a settled team last season and now we need to wait for players to settle in again.

win tomorrow and we will only be 3 points behind so no panic yet
    Lought, we had one player in Bale doing everything and only Parker as holding midfielder , who you slated, now we have two for most positions, which you need. Settled May be, but not enough quality.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Oct 27 2013, 20:35

Lamela not a winger dont talk out of your arse at Roma he played on the left cutting in on his right. i think Lamela will be better than the Wesh Rarebit who plays now for his boyhood club (Yawn). Going into January will be hard but if Townsend contunues to flourish and Soldao starts knocking them in then who knows. to me the hardest games are Everton away Southampton away and Liverpool at home. Lukaka big bastard needs to be stopped Southampton good team effort close down all the time and Liverpool SAS up top look unstoppable.City away yes hard but if Kompany is missing will make it a lot easier Manure at home best chance in years to stuff them

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 02:42

well lets be honest. on the left so far lamela has looked pants
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Oct 28 2013, 02:56

Like your confidence Mark, Man United at home best chance in years to stuff them, I hope you are right. As for Lamela, I agree he will become a class player once he settles, he might take a bit of time but he is only a young man and I believe he has a great future ahead of him, as to whether he will be better than Bale?, well lets be honest Bale was a brilliant player for us, gutted he left but he contributed to nearly all our victories last season and I hope he makes it at Real because if he does not the last thing I want is for him to come back to England and end up playing for City, United or Chelsea, now that would be a bigger upset than him leaving for Real.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Oct 28 2013, 05:08

There was talk today that Utd will bid £100 mil for Bale in January.

I must admit in the El Classico game last night he did look a bit lost.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon Oct 28 2013, 06:36

Surely not Mikey, a few months in Spain and he could be on his way to United?, I pray this is not true, I would hate to face United with him in there team, I would be gutted should this move take place but somehow I can't see it happening.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 28 2013, 07:01

only a fool would pay 100 mill for bale when you can get cesc for 40 mill or suarez for 50

both of them are better players then bale
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Oct 28 2013, 23:49

The grass is always greener. How many times have we seen players go to bigger clubs and fail.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:29

We are all asking for time for our new players to bed in, well surely Bale is entitled to the same

Post by Guest Tue Oct 29 2013, 00:59

i really could not careless about bale.

all summer he did not say a word even though he wanted to leave.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Oct 29 2013, 05:04

With all due respect to the lad he played it very graciously but as he ain't Spurs anymore, like you Lought, I don't particually care and wish him well with Mudrid. Unless he engineered a quick move back to another English club then I might feel different . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 13:03