The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

how about this

how about this

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 05 2013, 06:42

IMO we are setting ourselves up as a similar team to the Arse. They dont play with wingers, more giroud backed up with 4 forward thinking midfielders, backed up with Flamini.

------------------Flamini or Arteta----------------
    Rosiky-----Ozil-----Cazorla-----------Ramsey
    --------------------Giroud-------------------------

-----------------Sandro--------Paulinho-------------
    Townsend-------------------------------Lamela/Sigg/Lennon
    -----------------------Eriksen or holtby-------------------------
    ------------------------Soldado------------------------------------

Arse obviously have this down better than us and i think with the european games being no brainer games we have to make the most of them and try this formation.

----------------------Sandro OR Dembele---------------------
    Lamela----------Eriksen---------Holtby----------------Sigg
    --------------------------Soldado------------------------------

Yes that means dropping two of our most improved or consistant players but imo we need to desperately find the link in the forward play even if it is to the detriment of our defensive strength. I can't remember having played this formation before. I know some will counter holtby and eriksen in the middle and say play 2 up front but we need this to work because it is the future.It would still allow flexibility if we wanted to move any of that supporting 4 around and if we needed to shore things up we could easily have holtby dropping deeper (Which is why i would favour

i agree with that

Re: how about this

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Tue Nov 05 2013, 09:10

I just think its matter moving ball faster and better movement . just me then Sad 

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 05 2013, 10:13

i found that on a differnt forum.

theres no point playing sandro paullino and dembele in the same team unless your trying to hold on to a lead

no wonder soldado not getting chances with them 3 plus the selfisness of towsend.

holtby and erkison have the abilty to move the ball faster. pass quicker.
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 on Tue Nov 05 2013, 21:07

I actually agree somewhat with that formation, though I'd put Townsend on the left as he can go inside or out, being 2 footed.

Holt by is a livewire who can put himself about in a deeper role, whilst also being able to pick a pass.

Having said that, I do feel that capoue would be the better fit for that role, with Holt by offering the alternative to Eriksen if he's not quite firing.

Lovely having so many options though, particularly when you're not really reducing the class on the pitch with the substitution.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 18:12