The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Jd leaving west ham was a "massive mistake

Jd leaving west ham was a "massive mistake

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 06 2013, 04:04

It was a massive mistake (to leave West Ham) - I didn’t really want to do it,’ Defoe told ITV4's Sport Life Stories, which is due to air on November 5.

‘The person who represented me at the time said, "You need to hand in a transfer request and get in early because all the lads are going to leave".

‘I remember going in and I was so nervous. It was [then-West Ham chief executive] Paul Aldridge and I gave him the letter and he said, "What’s this?" And I said, "It's a transfer request". He looked at me as if to say, "Are you kidding?"

‘The backlash was crazy. I felt like I was on my own and people were absolutely abusing me.

‘To this day I can imagine West Ham fans look at me and think, "Who does he think he is? How can you do that? You're a Judas". And it's quite sad really because I can honestly say I still love that club.'

Re: Jd leaving west ham was a "massive mistake

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 06 2013, 04:04

hmm looks like he wants a move back

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28 2017, 15:32