The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
were will we finish ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
were will we finish ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
were will we finish ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
were will we finish ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
were will we finish ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
were will we finish ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
were will we finish ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
were will we finish ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
were will we finish ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

were will we finish ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
LOVELOVEROCKET
6 posters

were will we finish ?

Poll

were will we finish ?

[ 3 ]
    were will we finish ? Bar_left50%were will we finish ? Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    were will we finish ? Bar_left17%were will we finish ? Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 2 ]
    were will we finish ? Bar_left33%were will we finish ? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    were will we finish ? Bar_left0%were will we finish ? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

were will we finish ? Empty were will we finish ?

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Nov 12 2013, 00:40

Pride 
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

were will we finish ? Empty Re: were will we finish ?

Post by BazSpur Wed Nov 13 2013, 02:45

I think top 4 if we get a decent striker that can play up front on his own. If not who knows?
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Nov 13 2013, 04:53

It's still early days but things don't look all that good at the moment.
    Going by what we have seen so far probably 7th or 8th.

We have to change our style of play, it's not working and the players are not comfortable with it. I'm not sure that AVB has a plan B but he has to do something and quick.

With our lack of goals.....only Palace and Sunderland have scored less.....it's unlikely we will get anything from the next games against Utd and City unless he makes big changes in our tactics.

It's now time for him to show us that he has the ability to be a top coach. The club have spent a fortune on players for him to win us the league but perhaps we have to ask is it him or are the players either not good enough or not what we needed?

Personally I'm not sure he has the ability to turn it round but he has to as another manager and then another settling period is the last thing we need.

I was reading today that we haven't won back to back games yet this season and Sandro was saying that we have to go on a 5 or 6 game run like all the top teams do or our chance of the title is gone.
    It was pointed out the last time we had a good run like that was 2 years ago when we won 6 games on the trot and scored 16 goals.

We also played some great football then and were described as the best football seen in the history of the premiership.

Just a few short weeks ago we were all so excited about the season. Lots of money spent top players coming in we were all creaming ourselves. But it's been 1-0 wins with last minute penalties, losses to Hammers and Newcastle, not exactly how we all imagined it.

Where has it all gone wrong?

Well they are the facts and the downside but the upside is that we hang on until January and not drop to many points and buy a world class striker, Cavvani or Falcao who are both unhappy with their recent moves, Lamela shows us why he is worth 30 mil and world class and Eriksen gets the hang of the premier and what it's all about and delivers killer passes that end up as goals for our strikers ?And Rose comes back and plays himself into the England world cup squad and we go on a run that doesn't end till' May.

Mikey M

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Nov 13 2013, 06:20

I think it is time to play two up front, and imo it would be Ade and Soldado. Our loan striker is being marked by two or three defenders, players are unable to get a ball through to them, you need a second striker to open up the opposition defence, it would also relieve the pressure on Soldado and would allow him the space to score goals. I rate AVB and hope and pray that he does change his game plan as I for one do not want to see another change of management if it goes horribly wrong for him. I know we could be doing better, but I have a feeling that it will be a bit of a up and down season for many of the top teams, a few shocks on the cards for some of these sides, Chelsea and City have not had it all there own way up to now, and I expect the other teams above us will also have there off days.
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Wed Nov 13 2013, 06:48

I think the problem is that we play too strong a team in Europa cup

Post by Guest Wed Nov 13 2013, 07:27

avb has got us playing well away from home. but he has to sort out the home form.

its so easy to sort out.

we need to player the clever players and drop the greedy ones.
    lamela holtby erikson should start.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 13 2013, 08:07

totalytot wrote:
    I was reading today that we haven't won back to back games yet this season and Sandro was saying that we have to go on a 5 or 6 game run like all the top teams do or our chance of the title is gone.
    It was pointed out the last time we had a good run like that was 2 years ago when we won 6 games on the trot and scored 16 goals.

Mikey that is a superb and well reasoned post. The point about back to backs though is slightly wrong. If you count Europe we won 4 on the trot in August (2 leauge & 2 Europa) scoring 10. In September we lost to arsenil then won 4 on the trot (2 league, 1 Capital cup & 1 Europa) scoring 10 again before drawing with Chelski. Our October form was less convincing W4, D1, L1 all competitions & 9 scored. November so far is W1, D1, L1. So I do think there is a glimmer of hope and it ain't doom & gloom . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 17:12