The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Eriksen EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Eriksen EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Eriksen EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Eriksen EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Eriksen EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Eriksen EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Eriksen EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Eriksen EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Eriksen EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Eriksen Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Eriksen

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Eriksen Empty Eriksen

Post by seebee1944 Sun Nov 17 2013, 23:44

If, as is being reported, he is out for 4-6 weeks, although that is to be confirmed, is it an opportunity to try something different. Do we simply play Holtby or could Lamela be tried. Or do we go 2 up front and play Defoe or Ade. Another option play Siggy there and put Townsend left and Lamela or Chadli right.

So many options but which would you choose?
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Eriksen Empty Re: Eriksen

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Nov 18 2013, 02:59

still will be all to preditable who ever we choose. 442 with wingers is what suits spurs alawys has.

our style not going change now just got to accept boring matches ever week but hope we get the pts.

depends what jan window brings if there be any light at the end of the tunnel.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Nov 18 2013, 04:01

Seems to me that 4 4 2 is a bit of a myth. Checked the seasons review for 2011/2012 and in the premier league we played the system 3 times. Against Arsenal a lost 5-2 Man Utd h lost 3-1 and Norwich h lost 2 -1 that with a different manager.

If we're so predictable how come we've only lost 3 times and one of those because of a freak goalkeeping performance.

As for boring, is it not the teams who defend from the half way line back that are boring.

Christ no wonder people leave this forum.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Nov 18 2013, 04:11

2 wingers stretches the back line a must in all big games v top 4 we lost only 3 because we have had kind fixtures so far, i never saw once in our last game that the away team parked the bus so to speak,
    take look how we plyed seasons before avb came to how we play now utube , we surpose to have better players yet cant string 3 passes together if you cant stand the heat then get out the kitchen this is my opinion and being a free forum i will say exactly how i feel how hard it may hurt me.rant over.

ps. i dont let the spindoctors get in my head i see what i see and i know we are not playing its as simple as that.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Nov 18 2013, 23:56

Firstly, never at any stage did I advocate playing without wingers. I agree they do if used properly stretch defences.
    We only lost three games because we had kind fixtures, well I don't know how you can be sure of that. Arsenal have only played two teams in the top half of the league so is that why they're top? I think not.
    You didn't see Newcastle ten men behind the ball, well I did in the second half and apart from making 14 saves or whatever, Krul was wasting so much time, the sign of a team hanging on. Incidentally despite you and others almost celebrating the loss in the match thread, except for Krul we could have had 3 or 4.
    Can't string 3 passes together, well the statistics show that we've had over 60% possession in nearly all our games and that seems to disprove it.
    I remember the football we played without the aid of you tube and I can assure you that we spent a hell of a lot of time lumping the ball upfield for Crouch.
    Yes of course you are entitled to your opinion the same as everyone else but what we've had lately is continual negativity and vitriol toward the manager and players you don't like or rate.
    That is what annoys me you purport to support Spurs yet never say anything positive. We used to have two gooners on here and even they were never as negative about Spurs.
    MY rant over.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Nov 19 2013, 01:05

I COULDNT GIVE 2 FUCKS ABOUT OVER TEAMS I FOR 1 HAVE NEVER SLAGGED ANY PLAYERS OFF APART FROM DAWSON WHO IN MY MIND IS NOT THE STANDARD , WE WAS BAD AT FINISHING IS WHY WE MADE KRUL LOOKS SO GOOD , SAME ALL SEASON , POSSESSION STATS MEAN NOTHING YOU IF DONT WIN AND PASSING SIDEWAYS BACK WONT WIN YOU GAMES !!. WHY PASS PASS PASS PASS SOME MORE ARSENAL DO THAT . RATHER BE BIT MORE DIRECT PERSONALLY , YOU FORGET THAT LUMPING THAT UP TO CROUCH GOT US C.LEAGUE ? WELL WE HAD BIG MAN AND DEFOE WHO COULD GET IN BEHIND AS WELL , DEFOE SOLDADO SIMILAR SO IN JAN NEED A BIG BEAST WHO CAN HOLD THE BALL UP WELL. IM NOT HERE TO SLATE MY BELOVED SPURS BUT CLEARLY ITS NOT WORKING , IS THERE ANY SIGNS THAT THIS TEAM ARE IMPROVING ? SEE WERE WE ARE AT JAN WERE I THINK WE BE IN 6TH OR 7TH THIS PREM SEASON SEEN LOT CHANGES AND NO OUTSTANDING TEAM BUT IM NOT GOING TO LIE IF I WAS EXPECTING BETTER FOOTBALL TO BE PLYED AT THE LANE I JUST DONT LOOK FORWARD ANY MORE COME GAME TIME TILL SOMETHING CHANGES RANT OVER TILL JANUARY TO SEE HOW WE GO CORRECTING THE ISSUE RANT OVER.

Post by Guest Wed Nov 20 2013, 10:31

we are not playing well but we had the most shots in the prem. we kept the most clean sheets.

we got to sort out home form out.

if we beat man c then things will look better.

5 points from the top so it cant be that bad.

i admit we played boring last season but we got the most other prem points.

we play like chelsea do under the specal one.
    we used to be so open under harry but now are hard to beat
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Nov 22 2013, 07:20

Loughtonguy wrote:we are not playing well but we had the most shots in the prem.  we kept the most clean sheets.

we got to sort out home form out.

if we beat man c then things will look better.

5 points from the top   so it cant be that bad.

i admit we played boring last season but we got the most other prem  points.

we play like chelsea do under the specal one.
    we used to be so open under harry but now are hard to beat
    Newcastle and Hammers didn't find it hard to beat us!

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Nov 22 2013, 08:45

every other team have though..
    both games we did not deserve to lose.

the west ham game. was 1 0 due to a freak of a goal then they just hit us on the breaks
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Nov 22 2013, 19:55

Loughtonguy wrote:every other team have though..
    both games we did not deserve to lose.

the west ham game. was 1  0 due to a freak of a goal then they just hit us on the breaks
    How many times have we said in the last couple of seasons "we didn't deserve to lose?" But we did. We can't keep making excuses wwe have to change our style of play.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20 2024, 03:00