The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Man City Away

shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Re: Man City Away

Post by shearspur on Mon Nov 25 2013, 02:50

there is no bright side. not today

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Nov 25 2013, 02:56

but noone wins at city's ground.

even utd got beat 6-1 at old trafford Very Happy 

its how we lose that im upset about theres no fight Sad 

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 25 2013, 03:17

imagine if arsenal had sacked wenger when they lost 8 2
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Mon Nov 25 2013, 03:22

Loughtonguy wrote:imagine if arsenal had sacked wenger when they lost 8 2
    least they scored and play decent football we are shit take your spurs goggles off Lought and see the bigger picture we are crap 9 league goals scored all season 3 r pens AVB had Bale to save him last season this season he hasnt hes a clueless manager

Post by totalytot on Mon Nov 25 2013, 03:28

We are clueless in the goal area. Souness and Hoddle said the same on Sky that possesion is all vey well but we don't have anybody that can deliver the final pass.

Personally I don't see where our next goal is coming from who ever we play unless we get a penalty.

Mikey M

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Nov 25 2013, 03:42

i can see plenty of goals coming against us while avb keeps plying dawson

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 25 2013, 06:17

llors 3 awfull
    walker 5
    dawson 4
    kaboul 6got better as the game went on. felt avb threw him to the lions today
    verts5
    paullino 4. woefull
    sandro 5 run hes socks off
    holtby 4 did nothing rightly subbed
    lamela 6 great through ball first half and got better towards the end. seemed to show some hunger. clever passing
    lennon 5 pointless runs and crosses that never find a man
    soldado 5 no service

big mention for ade when he came on. showed more movement and desire then soldado done all season

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Mon Nov 25 2013, 06:19

I am not a fan of Dawson, how he got a new contract I will never know, but he got one end of story. However, as for the rest of the comments I have supported Spurs since 1958 although these days I do not go to the games, yes I felt sick when I saw this result, it hurts like hell, but what even hurts more is the fact that when I came onto the board this evening I knew what kind of comments would be posted and I bet the Arsenal supporters who were calling for Wenger to be sacked are having a field day reading what supporters on all forums are saying, AVB out. I agree that AVB needs to address the problem where as we are not scoring goals, but there isn't any chance what so ever of me joining those that are calling for AVBs sacking. In all honesty my expectations for success this season were high, but then in the case of Spurs it never seems to work out the way I would expect it to, no matter who is in charge, I have learnt this over the years. No I do not want AVB out, I want him to do well and am prepared to give him a chance to put thing's right because I am not happy with a change of manager every couple of seasons. Who's to say that who ever comes in is going to make a difference anyway, and if he did not I wonder how long it would be before the supporters would want him out. I honestly believe there are fans that would want to change the manager every season or two rather than giving them a chance to build for the future, well if that's what they want they will never see the glory days back at Spurs.

Post by Guest on Mon Nov 25 2013, 07:15

have a rep.

theres so many people slaggin avb off on other forums. saying hes a rubbish manager.
    they want hoddle and harry back. the mess hoddle got us in with hes buyin old policy.

wheres rednapp now. hes in championsip. avb only been a manager 5 mins and alreayd won more then harry.

we been playing well away from home untill today. its the home form he needs to sort out.
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus on Mon Nov 25 2013, 07:37

Lought, AVB is a prick, he wrecks team spirit....he has no clue how to man manage a team,his tactics are pants as well nothing ever will come good whilst he is at the helm, i never wanted him in the first place let alone after today's humiliation. its not a case of out for me, he should of never been at Spurs at all...Fucking useless Chelscum REJECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Nov 25 2013, 07:42

tensions running high......................

did you see the game stats we was better on everthing why i never believe stats trust your own judgement.
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus on Mon Nov 25 2013, 07:47

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:tensions running high......................

does it show ??????????????

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Nov 25 2013, 08:40

so what everyone is thinking if we keep avb for more than 3 yrs things will change round ??????????

Post by cstmrsking on Mon Nov 25 2013, 08:54

The Down Side
    We Cant score Goals
    Defensivly Very Strong. Well was.

The Up Side
    Spent 100 Mil on World Class players
    We Have a top Manager. (what on Earth was Chelsea thinking of getting rid of him)

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Nov 25 2013, 09:14

levy you got to let me know, should i stay or should go , its always tease tease tease, one day its fine the next day black so if you want me off your back then just give me the fucking sack.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Mon Nov 25 2013, 19:36

Boltjean wrote:I am not a fan of Dawson, how he got a new contract I will never know, but he got one end of story. However, as for the rest of the comments I have supported Spurs since 1958 although these days I do not go to the games, yes I felt sick when I saw this result, it hurts like hell, but what even hurts more is the fact that when I came onto the board this evening I knew what kind of comments would be posted and I bet the Arsenal supporters who were calling for Wenger to be sacked are having a field day reading what supporters on all forums are saying, AVB out. I agree that AVB needs to address the problem where as we are not scoring goals, but there isn't any chance what so ever of me joining those that are calling for AVBs sacking. In all honesty my expectations for success this season were high, but then in the case of Spurs it never seems to work out the way I would expect it to, no matter who is in charge, I have learnt this over the years. No I do not want AVB out, I want him to do well and am prepared to give him a chance to put thing's right because I am not happy with a change of manager every couple of seasons. Who's to say that who ever comes in is going to make a difference anyway, and if he did not I wonder how long it would be before the supporters would want him out. I honestly believe there are fans that would want to change the manager every season or two rather than giving them a chance to build for the future, well if that's what they want they will never see the glory days back at Spurs.

He cant put things right when hes not good enough WHL used to be a fortress and park the bus now teams r coming and having a go we have lost the fear factor yes we finished 5th last season close to 4th but how many games did Bale win for us? hes not here to help him this season the football we play this season is dire a disgrace all the possesion mounts to nothing if u cant score goals. And what manager in the right mind lets a left back goes when u only have one remaining the plays your best centre half at left back bloody stupid managing
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Mon Nov 25 2013, 19:39

and before lought gets a stiffy if we beat Utd at WHL yes we might beat them but then we will most probably lose to Stoke or Sunderland at home i really dont think AVB will last the season

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Tue Nov 26 2013, 02:10

Max, if we were at the top of the Premiership now instead of the goons, would you still keep saying AVB was a f-----g useless Chelscum reject?. In all honesty I do not care where the bloody manager comes from unlike you, even if he had been a gooner he would get my backing as long as he could bring trophies to Spurs. Yes I agree AVB seems to have lost the plot recently, but for God's sake give the man a bit of time to put things right, or are you one of those that do not mind a change of manager every time a Spurs manager cocks up?. Stability at a club is very important if we are to be successful, changing managers every bloody season or two does not bring stability. I believe the gooners have won the Premiership title four times, might be wrong, under Wenger in the time we have had, what did I say the other day?, eleven managers?. The supporters were calling for him to be sacked in the past when things were going wrong but the board have stood by him and now they are back on top of the table. And Mark, I agree with what you are saying, you have made some good points, all I am saying is get behind AVB and the team, at least give the man a chance, everybody in life no matter what job they do deserves that, getting on peoples backs does not make them better at there jobs, it just unsettles them.

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Tue Nov 26 2013, 03:16

makes you wonder what they do in training plying like strangers out there .........

do you play the workhorse players to try get us out the slump , holtby, gylfi or  lamela , lennon ?

width or bulk up the middle and play sandro, and coupe ?????

subs lamela defoe holtby brad kaboul.

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 26 2013, 07:45

towsend on the right. siggy on the left. 3 work horses in the middle.

no wonder soldado never gets any chances.

lloris
    walker chirch verts rose
    sandro capooe
    lamela holtby towsend

soldado

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 26 2013, 07:51

P:20 W:13 D:3 L:4 F:32 A:15 not exactly the end of the world is it

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Tue Nov 26 2013, 08:04

soldado has to keep coming back as midfield dont surport him quick enough if evething wernt so slow and passed quicker better movement we would create chances.

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 26 2013, 09:48

yep he needs to stay in the box.

Post by BazSpur on Tue Nov 26 2013, 09:52

Who's to say that who ever comes in is going to make a difference anyway, and if he did not I wonder how long it would be before the supporters would want him out. I honestly believe there are fans that would want to change the manager every season or two rather than giving them a chance to build for the future, well if that's what they want they will never see the glory days back at Spurs.

Fucking hell, knee jerk reactions on here ffs. Spot on Len and repped. So, AVB gets the bullet then what? Who is available that could do a better job? Name someone. Not some lower league manager who has won fuck all in his career but a manager who has won trophies that could come in and do a better job than AVB and is AVAILABLE. Available that is the key word. Let me tell you then, NO ONE. They are already employed. It was a bad day at the office and it won't be the last. Even Billy Nic had his bad days as I am sure Len could tell you.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Tue Nov 26 2013, 10:25

when we lose we lose in style over 4 goals most of the time no matter who the manager is why ?

we let teams play been the spurs way for 20yrs .

our team now is massive and still we get carved open....... Sad 

teams think its only spurs we know what to expect .......

dont let them play they will let you play so why worry.......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 18 2018, 19:56