The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Next Spurs Manager EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Next Spurs Manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Next Spurs Manager EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Next Spurs Manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Next Spurs Manager EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Next Spurs Manager EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Next Spurs Manager EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Next Spurs Manager EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Next Spurs Manager EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Next Spurs Manager Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
vis
LOVELOVEROCKET
MarkA249
7 posters

Next Spurs Manager

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Next Spurs Manager Empty Next Spurs Manager

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 16 2013, 23:51

there is 3 men who Levy and Joe Lewis want but if they cant get them now they will wait till the summer and Capello will take over till then

the 3 men are 1st choice is Mauricio Pochettino cant see it really

2nd choice is Frank De Boer not sure about him could happen

3rd is Laudrup think he would jump at the chance

these are rumours off twitter of guys are reliable

Next Spurs Manager Empty Re: Next Spurs Manager

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 00:40

southampton 1 win in 5
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Dec 17 2013, 00:52

my top 5 would be in no order loius van gaal , jochaim low , rudi garcia, micheal laudrup , guus hidink

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 00:56

mine would be in no order

rafa benitz gus hiddink jochaim low martiniaz david pleat

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 01:45

please not sherwood
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Dec 17 2013, 02:21

if its Capello Defoe will still be off Capello dont rate Defoe least Lamela might start if its Capello
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:16

Please no not Cappello, and fans thought AVB's style was boring . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Dec 17 2013, 03:30

How about David Moyes after all Man U are 2 points below us and they are expected to win the league. Oh no they've got more sense.
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue Dec 17 2013, 09:41

Jurgen klop , guus hiddink , or hoddle listened to talk sport Micky hazard and paul miller have all said hoddle
    I can't see this ever going to materlise but maybe he could be the one to install some belief in the team

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:20

but would levy run back to hoddle after players went behind hoddles back to tell levy that they dont like him
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:24

Glenn Hoddle: Tottenham role interests former manager

Glenn Hoddle would be willing to become Tottenham manager for a second time in a short-term or long-term capacity.

Hoddle, 56, managed Spurs between 2001 and 2003 and is among those tipped to replace Andre Villas-Boas, who was sacked on Monday.

The former England manager is interested in a return to his former club and is close to Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

Technical co-ordinator Tim Sherwood has been placed in temporary charge.

Villas-Boas' departure after 17 months at White Hart Lane came in the wake of Spurs' 5-0 loss to Liverpool, a defeat that left them seventh in the Premier League table.

Former England manager Fabio Capello, Swansea boss Michael Laudrup and Tottenham's current technical director Franco Baldini have also been linked with replacing the Portuguese.

Hoddle has not managed since he left Wolves in June 2006, but has turned down offers to return to the game since, including the chance to take charge of the Ukraine national side.

He has also opened an academy in Spain which focuses on keeping released players in the game.

Former Spurs and England striker Gary Lineker tweeted: "Would love to see Glenn Hoddle given another chance at this level, has a brilliant football mind."

Sherwood will take charge as Tottenham face West Ham in the quarter-finals of the Capital One Cup on Wednesday, with other members of Villas-Boas' backroom team - Jose Mario Rocha, Luis Martins and Daniel Sousa - all also moved on.

"The club can announce that Tim Sherwood, Chris Ramsey and Les Ferdinand will take charge of the first team whilst the club progresses discussions," said Spurs in a statement.

"Steffen Freund and Tony Parks continue as part of the coaching staff."

Former midfielder Sherwood, who played 93 league games for the White Hart Lane club, is only expected to be in charge on a temporary basis as the club seek to appoint their fourth manager in six years.

Following the dismissal of Villas-Boas, 36, a quarter of the Premier League's clubs have parted company with their managers this season.

Ian Holloway, Martin Jol, Steve Clarke and Paolo Di Canio all lost their jobs since the start of the campaign, with further managerial casualties in the Football League.

In a statement, League Managers Association chief executive Richard Bevan said: "The LMA is of course deeply concerned by the recent surge in managerial dismissals.

"This is a particularly turbulent period. As it stands, 19 managers [across the top four divisions] have already lost their jobs in this campaign.

"Almost half of the managers sacked so far have been given less than one year in the job.

"The volatility in management and coaching continues to undermine the profession at a time when the game needs to continue to encourage players towards the end of their career to stay in football."

Hoddle and Tottenham

Hoddle played over 350 times for Tottenham, winning the Uefa Cup in 1984 and two FA Cups
    Became manager in April 2001 and guided the side to a League Cup final against Chelsea one year later
    Spurs finished ninth and 10th in two successive seasons under Hoddle before he was sacked in September 2003.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:30

Loughtonguy wrote:but would levy run back to hoddle after players went behind hoddles back to tell levy that they dont like him

He was a bit arrogant in those days as he wasn't long from being a player and still like to show players how to take free kicks and I believe he showed off a lot and certain players got arse about it. I believe he even showed Beckham how to take free kicks.

However he's older and wiser now and would be itching to take this team and mould it. You can tell that when he's been a pundit on TV.

He would be my choice even as a filler until the end of the season and see how it goes.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:35

What point a "filler" though Mikey? Where does that leave us at the end of season, especially in a World Cup year? Levy has made a knee jerk reaction because his investment was looking a tad shaky. If he gives it to Hoddle then give it all with a few years, at least, contract. And I just don't see Levy having the cojones to do that right now for someone like Hoddle . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:44

vis wrote:What point a "filler" though Mikey? Where does that leave us at the end of season, especially in a World Cup year? Levy has made a knee jerk reaction because his investment was looking a tad shaky. If he gives it to Hoddle then give it all with a few years, at least, contract. And I just don't see Levy having the cojones to do that right now for someone like Hoddle . . . . .

Two reasons really Vis.

One. we are not going to get anyone of note until next year anyway.

Two. If it looks like he's getting the team playing well and back up to top 4 then he can be offered a contract if not then we look elswhere and haven't really lost anything.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:45

i am comming round to the idea of hoddle.
    he talks so much sence plus he has better players to deal with now.

i remember what he said about my mate adel after qpr beat chelsea so he can spot players that have that ability.

so he willl see that lamela is a really talented player. also holtby. hes another who is a forward thinking player and also works hard and loves the club.

but please not cappelo.
    he ruind lennon in the world cup when he kept telling him to cut in so the full backs overlap.
    plus hes so negative.

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Dec 17 2013, 21:07

Hoddle nah as Max said Fucking Chelski reject!!!!!!!!!
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Wed Dec 18 2013, 03:03

no ex managers pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18 2013, 03:33

if hoddle gets the job then its bye bye sherwood.

Sherwood attack on Hoddle back in the day.

Former Tottenham skipper Tim Sherwood has joined the criticism of Glenn Hoddle, reportedly saying the Spurs boss should be sacked if the north London club wants success.

Hoddle came under fire this week over Spurs' decision to release Teddy Sheringham at the end of the season.

And Sherwood, who had four years at White Hart Lane before joining Division One title-winners Portsmouth in January says Hoddle's approach has alienated Spurs players.

HAVE YOUR SAY
    I'm disgusted with Mr Sherwood but what do you expect from a player who spends more time moaning at the ref then actually playing football
    Ian Lineker Smith
    Join the 606 debate

"No one at Tottenham would shed a single tear if Glenn Hoddle was sacked tomorrow," Sherwood told The Sun.

"The only way they will bring success back to Tottenham is through a change of manager.

"The dressing room is not together and there is no team spirit. Nobody is busting a gut for the manager.

"The kids have far more respect for guys like Teddy Sheringham, Gus Poyet and Steffen Freund than they do for Hoddle.

"They all turn to the experienced pros for encouragement and advice because the manager won't accept anyone else's point of view and just leaves them all confused.

"The way Hoddle has treated a senior player like Freund is an absolute disgrace. And the decision to release Teddy is entirely down to him.

"When Hoddle was appointed two years ago, there were people at the club who saw him as the God of White Hart Lane. But it certainly hasn't worked out that way.

There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself
    Glenn Hoddle

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realise that there is a major problem at the club. And you don't have to be a genius to work out what that problem is."

Hoddle dismissed Sherwood's verbal assault, saying: "I haven't got much to say.

"All I will say on that very, very quickly would be that it's strange that nine months ago he was desperate to stay at this club.

"I was honest enough to let him know that we wouldn't extend his contract.

"As soon as that happened his tune soon changed and has had an axe to grind since then.

"What he probably will not want to let you know is that he was out seven months with a knee injury. He was out from pre-season right through to Christmas.

Hoddle added: "There are a lot of things I could say but as a manager, I won't lower myself to that level."

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18 2013, 07:15

That summer in 2001 when we bought Ziege, Sheringham, Poyet and Richards was fantastic. After previous pre seasons of buying dross like Tramazzani, it actually seemed as though we were buying players who despite their age, could give us a real improvement. I don't think it would have much difference to how long he lasted but in general it is disappointing that he didn't manage to win the League Cup in terms of his managerial history.

I liked his style with the 3-5-2 tbh and always have. I think in the end the main things that did for him were being unable to attract proper quality players at a time in their careers when they were on their way up and his man management was just zero. I was friendly with a family who were very close to Chris Hughton and he had after much pressing, revealed that some players really couldn't take to Hoddle during training because despite his age, he was still the best player on the training pitch and was very happy to make that point clear both vocally and in how he played. I know that he didn't get on very well with some of the senior players in his final full season in 2002/03, especially Sheringham.

I also feel like Galeforce, that he didn't utilise Rebrov or give him anywhere near the fair crack of a whip. People like to jump on a bandwagon and **** particular players off like Armstrong and Rebrov but both of those players get a really bad press from Spurs fans that is actually quite short sighted.

Rebrov was quality, you could see in certain things he did that he was just way ahead in his thinking and touch by comparison to a lot of the Spurs squad at that time. I remember on his debut, he curled a first time effort onto the bar against Ipswich Town from 25 yards with the outside of his right foot. We didn't have anyone who did stuff like that back in 2000 (having sold Ginola) and it was a delight to see. His goal in Jan 2001 against Newcastle when we won 4-2, again beautiful outside of the foot effort that showed he had bundles of technical ability but as soon as Hoddle came in and bought Sheringham, he was bombed out. 14 goals in 2000-01 is not to be sniffed at when one of your regular midfielders and supply lines is Stephen Clemence.

At the end and by that I actually mean the last third of 2002/03 and the first 6 games of 2003/04, we were just woeful. We struggled to draw 1-1 with Fulham at home in the February and then lost badly at West Ham without much fight before finishing off the season with a 5-1 defeat to Boro and 0-4 whacking at home to Blackburn. Start of 03/04 was just woeful, those defeats at home to Southampton and Fulham were so weak that it was obvious he had to go.

I don't think he would be a good appointment for us or him. It would be seen as the same with Keegan and just creates another element to the circus.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 18 2013, 07:22

He managed Wolves in the Championship at a time when they were one of the stronger teams in it. Not that impressive especially when you consider that he won only 27 games out of 76 (35.5%).

lol
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Dec 18 2013, 07:22

At the end and by that I actually mean the last third of 2002/03 and the first 6 games of 2003/04, we were just woeful. We struggled to draw 1-1 with Fulham at home in the February and then lost badly at West Ham without much fight before finishing off the season with a 5-1 defeat to Boro and 0-4 whacking at home to Blackburn. Start of 03/04 was just woeful, those defeats at home to Southampton and Fulham were so weak that it was obvious he had to go.

Hmm defeat to Wet Spam, 5 goal defeats and 0-4 to Blackburn. What is that word you can only say in French? Ah deja vu . . . .
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Dec 19 2013, 01:08

Just had a bet on football for first time in donkeys on Frank de Boer coming the next man in 15/1 stuck a tenner on ooooooo the plot thickens  lol! 

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19 2013, 03:44

if you win then stick £10 on man c to win champions league 18/1. they wil beat barcelona.
    then they will be favorites

Post by Guest Thu Dec 19 2013, 05:45

bergkamp comming home lol him and frank de boer doing the rounds lol
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Dec 19 2013, 09:16

We need Harry.
    Harry fekin Houdini to get us out of this . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 04:44