The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Stoke City Home

vis

Stoke City Home

Post by vis on Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:04

Versus  

At

Sunday 29th December 2013.
    Kick-Off @ 16:00hrs GMT.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis

Re: Stoke City Home

Post by vis on Tue Dec 17 2013, 10:13

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Dec 27 2013, 08:21

Next game . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 27 2013, 08:39

back to basics

lloris
    walker dawson chriches rose

lamela capri ericson chadi

ade defoe

vis

Post by vis on Fri Dec 27 2013, 08:59

Walker is suspended Lought. Ain't gotta clue who tiny tim is going to play . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 27 2013, 09:06

ffs walker only had to get through 2 more games and it would of been wiped.

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Fri Dec 27 2013, 09:07

'utterly brilliant!' and 'blaaah!' its saturday its wacaday

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao 

Post by seebee1944 on Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:22

Maybe NOW nice but dim will play a ball winner in midfield.

Post by totalytot on Fri Dec 27 2013, 23:49

This should be a definate win especially as Stoke have just come off a 5-1 defeat by Newcastle, but don't hold your breath.

I just don't know where we are anymore or what to expect. West Ham are sitting 2nd from bottom and have beaten us twice this season already.

Giving Sherwood a 18 month contract seems that Levy has already written this season off. What a contrast to a couple of months ago when we all had such high hopes with the new players in. Still this is Tottenham Hotspurs we are talking about and nothing is ever as it seems.

Mikey M

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Sat Dec 28 2013, 00:40

Sherwood has never managed a club before so I can't see us attracting any players. I do think that having a big name manager does help when it comes to a player making a decision as to which club he signs for, and I do not think that Sherwood will ever be a manager that we will be talking about for years to come. I agree Mikey Re Levy giving up on this season and to be honest I think this club is in one of the worst positions I have seen it in for years, Levy does not seem to have any answers and he has proved it by making Sherwood manager. How can we expect a top manager to ever take over at this club knowing that after a couple of bad results he will be sacked after 18 months. I have lost all heart when it comes to supporting this club. I want to be given some hope that the future is bright for this club but under Levy I can not see that happening, I just want him out, everybody hits out at the players and managers but I think he has a lot to answer for, he has made this club a laughing stock, the gooner and Chelski fans must be loving all this.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Sat Dec 28 2013, 00:46

Sorry, I should not have posted my remarks on this Stoke topic page.

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 30 2013, 02:34

25 Lloris
    16 Naughton
    35 Fryers
    08 Paulinho
    20 Dawson
    06 Chiriches
    07 Lennon
    19 Dembélé
    09 Soldado
    10 Adebayor
    23 Eriksen

Substitutes

11 Lamela
    15 Capoue
    21 Chadli
    24 Friedel
    42 Bentaleb
    43 Fredericks
    51 Veljkovic
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Dec 30 2013, 02:57

http://livesport4u.com/stream1.html

vis

Post by vis on Mon Dec 30 2013, 03:49

Well I saw some nice football from Spurs the 1st half but as always no real end product. Usual story eh . . . . .

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 30 2013, 03:50

yep need to kill these games off

ade lennon dawson paullino playing well
    oh and fryers
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Dec 30 2013, 05:11

Much better 2nd half and in truth better overall the whole game. We still need to convert the chances into more goals and I still think better teams will rip us apart. That said I'm impressed that Sherwood is allowing Soldado & Adabadbigtoe to try and forge a partnership. Fryers continues to impress me as well. Lad looks like a good prospect. Good 3 points today and a rare, of late, clean sheet. Real test for Sherwood comes in the next game against Utd. Could make himself a few converts with the right result. Fair play today he got things right . . . . . .

Post by totalytot on Mon Dec 30 2013, 05:36

It could have been 3-0 in the first 25 minutes, there were some real easy chances missed.

I was pleased with the way we played and looked dangerous everytime we went forward.

I know I've criticised Dembele a lot but he had a good game today and his goal was a great one if only he shot more often. But he does flatter to decieve a lot of the times.

I don't think anybody had a bad game although Eriksen does get shaken off the ball to easy at times but he still seems the only player that can deliver that special pass. He and Paulinio are the two I would want to keep out of all the buys we made in the summer.

Utd next and we will have to make sure we don't leave holes in defence as we have been doing otherwise it could be another big score against us.

I enjoyed todays game and hope it gives the team a real boost for the coming months.

Mikey M

Post by BazSpur on Mon Dec 30 2013, 06:20

Played really well today and our possession must have been through the roof. Paulinho was sensational before he went off injured. Big test to come next against United but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Mon Dec 30 2013, 06:48

lets not get carried away it was stoke plus the new manager syndrome.

much better football lot missed chances , utd game will give a yard stick on how we will cope with the weeks ahead.

least we giving it ago .....that all you can ask for  Very Happy 

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 30 2013, 06:51

Lloris 6----Not much to do. Came for some crosses very confidently.
    Naughton 7----Much better on the right. some good early combinations with Lennon.
    Dawson 7---done well aganst Crouch well. One very timely tackle. Again though he was not troubled so much by their attack.
    Chriches -- 6----Great on the ball at bringing it out.
    Fryers -6-----Some nice runs up the left showing his pace. Had space to move into with Eriksen moving inside.
    Lennon 9-----Some great runs in behind. Created two gilt edge chances for both the forwards and go a nice goal. As well as covering Naughton.
    Dembele -8-----Great on the ball, shruging off challenge after challenge. Got forward more and a nice nice goal.
    Paulinhio -- 9-----Was bossing it in the first half. Great runs, creative passing and all around energy. Fatty Adams did him in the second like he seems to do to one of our players every season.
    Eriksen ---- 7----Some nice passing at times, kept the ball moving. Dead ball play was terrible from him today.
    Adebayor - 8Some good team work with Soldado. Good hole up play and running and won the penalty. Missed a sitter from Lennon and seems to like shouting at Lamela.
    Soldado -- 6Got more involved and a good penatly. But missed two great chances and looks well off confidence.

Subs:
    Capoue. not enough time.
    Lamela----6Some nice touches and runs. Looked more confident but it was only 19 mins.
    Chadli-----5-Like Lamela but less involved.
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Dec 30 2013, 07:28

Capoue. not enough time.

PMSL Lought he was the 1st sub on . . . . . .

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 30 2013, 08:43

oh ye lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19 2018, 17:27