The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

AVB OUT (My Take)

SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

AVB OUT (My Take)

Post by SuneJim on Wed Dec 18 2013, 22:36

Now AVB has gone I won't really be sheading any tears as I never wanted him in the first place. But as a Supporter does I supported him while he was there, but I'm glad he's gone.
    We've flattered to deceive through his whole reign as Manager. We've found goal scoring extremely hard from the start & if it wasn't for Bale last season we'd have struggled on all fronts. I know the Gooners & Others relished in calling us a one man team, but it wasn't far from the truth.
    His tactics were not the best. We never got the ball into the box and always moved the ball to slowly especially through midfield, concentrating on possession over penetration time again it seemed.
    In the last few games his high line of defence was reminiscent of the end of his days at Chelsea, getting caught flat footed and left for dead with a few quick passes from the opposition.
    Then some of decision making has had me baffled, for a long time. Why send Assou-Ekotto out on loan when we only have Rose,,,,, but then when Rose gets injured and we have to play our best CB at LB (Vertonghen) why not call him back.
    Continually changing the Team didn't help new players bedding in, but I do understand the need for squad rotation in the modern day football, but this was way beyond that. It was a Manager that had no idea who his best 11 were.
    On a personal note I changed my mind as to what I thought the best 11 was every 5 minutes, so I have some sympathy there, but I wasn't getting paid to Manage the Team.
    He had a pop at the crowd, even though there was something in what he said, not the done thing & his attitude was getting increasingly defence and his demeanour becoming increasingly prickly as things were getting worse. He just never had a Plan B, ok he may have changed the players names on the team sheet regularly, but never the way we played & I thought it was clear to a lot more than me it wasn't working. Pundits and Media galore had sussed it was all about our delivery into the front man whoever it was, but AVB didn't seem to catch on.
    Any way that's enough AVB bashing for one day.
    Now on to me wanting Martinez when we originally brought AVB in & people telling me he wasn't what we needed,,,, well looking at Everton now I beg to damned well differ there. But to late as normal,,,, won't get him now.
    So for me it has to be Laudrup,,,, but preferably Hoddle in conjunction with Sherwood while the Youngster learns as Hoddle is very tactically astute and considered before his time as a Manager in the past. But I think his time might be now. But I can't see Levy doing that.
    So to my fellow Tottenham Fans,,, let's just carry on with our complete 100% support we always give on this rollercoaster of a ride emotional ups and downs we call being a SPUR!!!

Re: AVB OUT (My Take)

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Wed Dec 18 2013, 23:18

SPOT ON JIM ALL THOUGH HODDLE BEEN OUT FOR 8YRS AND THEY SAY NEVER GO BACK .

LAUDRUP A GOOD SHOUT ALSO .

TIM SHERWOOD THE OTHER BLOKE AND FERDINAND MUST GET SOME BLAME TOO THERE THE COACHING STAFF YET THEY GO UNPUNISHED.

DOES BALDINI STAY WHY DIDNT HE GO AS WELL..

WHY DID ONLY AVB GO WHY NOT IS STAFF TOO ??????????????
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 on Wed Dec 18 2013, 23:24

Well said Jim spot on as always it seems most of us didnt like AVB style of football or think he was good enough Max said from the start he was crap a few people followed but Lought will come and defend him again lol

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 19 2013, 03:37

les has been our forward coach since 2009. he should leave.

swansea cant win a game
    southampton won 1 in 5

the players hated hoddle in charge.

levy should of had someone in mind before he sacked avb
    now we have a gooner in charge tonigh

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 19 2013, 09:34

AVBs teams didn't play like masters, but they knew how to win. Hence why he as the highest win percentage of any Spurs manager. His football at times might not have been the best, but he knew how to get us to win games. Do I think AVB would have won us that game? I have no idea, but that was supposedly the best football we had played all season, yet we lost.

Post by totalytot on Fri Dec 20 2013, 06:40

Loughtonguy wrote:AVBs teams didn't play like masters, but they knew how to win. Hence why he as the highest win percentage of any Spurs manager. His football at times might not have been the best, but he knew how to get us to win games. Do I think AVB would have won us that game? I have no idea, but that was supposedly the best football we had played all season, yet we lost.

6-0 5-0 3-0. dodgy pens for a couple of 1-0 wins against poor oposition that get hammered by everybody else.

Yeh he sure had the winning habit. BOLLOXS

Mikey M

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 20 2013, 08:12

best away team this season based on points

more points last season then any other spurs manager

but you still call hes a poor manager

Post by totalytot on Fri Dec 20 2013, 08:39

Loughtonguy wrote:best away team this season  based on points

more points last season then any other spurs manager

but you still call hes  a poor manager

Last year we finished 5th. The year before under Redknapp we were 4th.

This year we gradually got worse and looked like finishing mid table.

Yes I think he was a poor manager but then most people new that before he came didn't they.

Mikey M
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim on Fri Dec 20 2013, 22:51

Sorry Lought but we've lost our footballing identity under AVB. Week after week of poor old Soldado not scoring, because we can't do something as simple as get the ball into the box for him.
    We've been so slow in possession it's not funny. Making it easy for the opposition especially at home get back and defend in shape. We normally always have teams turned round with our speed of attack but not now.
    Away from home we've done ok but lost to Arse-nal and got tonked by Citeh, so don't see what your so happy about. Plus all the clean sheets you like won't give you CL footy if can't damned well score.
    I can't believe your sticking up for him.

Post by totalytot on Sat Dec 21 2013, 00:24

SuneJim wrote:Sorry Lought but we've lost our footballing identity under AVB. Week after week of poor old Soldado not scoring, because we can't do something as simple as get the ball into the box for him.
    We've been so slow in possession it's not funny. Making it easy for the opposition especially at home get back and defend in shape. We normally always have teams turned round with our speed of attack but not now.
    Away from home we've done ok but lost to Arse-nal and got tonked by Citeh, so don't see what your so happy about. Plus all the clean sheets you like won't give you CL footy if can't damned well score.
    I can't believe your sticking up for him.

I think the're most peoples feelings Jim. A lot didn't think he was the right man for the job but we wanted to be proved wrong and see our club move on. Especially with the new players but he couldn't do it and it seems was not prepared to listen to anybody else's point of view.

Mikey M

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 21 2013, 02:39

loved hes passion and wanted him to do well

levy sacked a manager a few days before our fa cup derby agasnt arsenal when we got hoddle and we lost that game.

levy should of had someone else lined up before he gave avb the boot.

Post by totalytot on Sat Dec 21 2013, 03:16

Loughtonguy wrote:loved hes passion and wanted him to do well

levy sacked a manager a few days before our fa cup derby agasnt arsenal  when we got hoddle and we lost that game.

levy should of had someone else lined up before he gave avb the boot.

We agree on something then Lought.

Levy should have had somebody in mind before sacking AVB. Another 2 or 3 games is not going to make a lot of difference. If we had lost them it would have not been a surprise and if we won then the points were a bonus.

Who we will get I have no idea and the problem is it could be another panic appointment ending in disaster yet again.

Levy has to take a lot of the blame. If a team does not win anything then the buck ends with the manager and he's fired so with the same token if a chairman keeps firing and appointing new managers then the problem rests with him does it not.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 18:19