The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

It's sad

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

It's sad

Post by Boltjean on Thu Jan 09 2014, 06:52

What has happened to our game, a game we have all loved since we were old enough to kick a ball. Decades ago we loved the glamour of the FA Cup. As a lad I sat by the radio as the draw was made waiting with excitement to see who we would be drawn against in each round. When we got to the semi final we were just one game away from that great day, a Wembley cup final. I saw a couple of semi finals, but sadly did not get a ticket for the final. I like millions of other supporters would watch it on tv, and in all honesty I felt so proud seeing Bill Nicholson leading the greatest team this club has ever had onto the Wembley pitch, it gave me goose bumps. Now, it seems to be going the way of the Capital One Cup, managers not putting out there strongest side, supporters staying away, Paul Lambert the manager of Villa saying it is far more important to avoid relegation than to be in the FA Cup, and now the FA stating that they want to bring in a rule were there will no longer be replays, all games to go to extra time and then penalties. Imagine a small team getting a shock draw at say United hoping to take them back to there little ground but instead having to go to extra time and then going out on penalties, sad. In the premiership, teams like Palace and Fulham can only dream of survival and there fans look on it as a great achievement just to survive. The rest?, it's a case of just getting into the top four, not so much about winning the title it's just a case of getting into the Champions League, even the Europa Cup does not seem to be that important. I think it is sad that we as supporters were so happy to see out teams win any silver wear, but today it seems to be all about the Champions League, nothing else seems to matter.

Re: It's sad

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Thu Jan 09 2014, 08:45

the day of working man's football has long gone welcome to credit card fans and winning at all costs that only matter ............ ffp even clubs cheat to get round financial fair play ............

football a business now - sport second .

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 09 2014, 10:16

first man u killed it when they did not enter.
    then a few years ago chelsea kept winning it with ease. they kept getting easy games and seem to win the fa cup without trying to hard.

the league cup has thrown up better finals better games also
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Jan 10 2014, 06:25

Money is the goal of football now. Not pride in the club or shirt. Not for the good of the fans. Not for the glory or sportsmanship. Just dirty money . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Sat Jan 11 2014, 01:06

So Vis, why do fans still love the game, why are supporters so fanatical about there clubs?. I am sorry to say that although I want Spurs to achieve glory I do not have the same passion for the game, I do not get so upset when we lose, and I am not happy about that. Whether it's because of Levy sacking managers every 12 to 18 months, the lack of loyalty shown by players and the greed of players I don't know, but to me the glamour has gone from the game.

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Sat Jan 11 2014, 02:47

#FICKLE FANS FAN CLUB - HARD TO BREAK A HABIT WHEN YOU BEEN DOING IT FOR SO LONG.

Post by BazSpur on Sat Jan 11 2014, 04:28

I agree totally Len. It's sad mate.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Post by vis on Sat Jan 11 2014, 08:28

Boltjean wrote:So Vis, why do fans still love the game, why are supporters so fanatical about there clubs?. I am sorry to say that although I want Spurs to achieve glory I do not have the same passion for the game, I do not get so upset when we lose, and I am not happy about that. Whether it's because of Levy sacking managers every 12 to 18 months, the lack of loyalty shown by players and the greed of players I don't know, but to me the glamour has gone from the game.

Because my friend we are the last of the "true" fans. We love our club like we love our own blood and can never change. We are the almost extinct cash cow that feeds the monster. Youngsters think nothing of switching allegiances and changing "brand". This is the modern world and hey ho we are a dying breed who stay true to our choice. As for fanaticism, lol, we get older and the passion diminishes but never, truly fades . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Sun Jan 12 2014, 02:12

Thank you Vis. The passion diminishes?, it's that bloody age thing again. Mind you that does not always apply to everything mate, my wife and I still have it once a night, it helps us sleep. I am talking about Ovaltine here.
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Jan 12 2014, 04:05

Boltjean wrote:Thank you Vis. The passion diminishes?, it's that bloody age thing again. Mind you that does not always apply to everything mate, my wife and I still have it once a night, it helps us sleep. I am talking about Ovaltine here.

laid 
     lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao 

Get 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24 2017, 05:36