The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Manchester City

vis

Manchester City

Post by vis on Tue Jan 28 2014, 03:03

Versus  

At

Wednesday 29th January 2014.
    Kick-Off @ 19:45hrs GMT.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Re: Manchester City

Post by Boltjean on Thu Jan 30 2014, 05:46

Well, I can not see us getting anything from this game. I have not seen the team sheet but if Ade is playing I expect City to mark him out of the game and then I wonder where the goals will come from. I would be over the moon if we win this one but then again should we do so we would be doing the gooners a favour, should we loose, that would be a set back in aiming for a top four finish. I would imagine tonight that every gooner will be cheering us on, so bloody difficult to make up my mind what I would be more happier with.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 30 2014, 05:53

Tonight's team: Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose, Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Adebayor

SUBS! Friedel, Naughton, Capoue, Chadli, Holtby, Defoe, Soldado.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 30 2014, 05:53

why is siggy starting
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Jan 30 2014, 06:44

Won't be seeing much of this one as my radio show is on at 9.
    C'Mon you Spurs . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Thu Jan 30 2014, 07:40

when will lennon turn up even chadli better than him now cant believe saying that .

Post by totalytot on Thu Jan 30 2014, 07:50

This game has got me so angry. Ok City are well on top and should have had a couple more but we give the ball away so easily. The times a player receives the ball with no one around and they wait for a tackle and give it away. Where city pass it quickly and slickly straight to one of theirs before we get a tackle in.

When City are on the move and get into our box they pass it straight to one of theirs we hold it up look around wait and lose it. We have no real idea of what to do when we get in their half.

A couple of ours do not look up for a fight today, Lennon and Dembele in particular.

I worry about how many they may get in the second half but thank god Agureo has gone off.

Mikey M

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Thu Jan 30 2014, 08:30

1. 2 days till window shuts get a fucking left back.

2. 4 rapes this season noone loses quite like us.

3. just got hold your hands up and say city just to good. better movement players.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 30 2014, 08:41

well what can you say.
    how many times did dawson lose aguero first half.

lennon has the ball in the pen box and settles for a corner. surly he in a better postion to beat hes man.
    rose. okay he got the ball but he should not of given the linesman a chance to give the pen.
    why dive in.
    dembele so many wayward passes.
    siggy was pathetic

positives they never gave up
    walker run hes ass off. lorris great save in the first half but came off hes line for the first andmade it easy for aguero.

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 30 2014, 09:06

Was there much difference between today and AVB's last game vs Liverpool?

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Thu Jan 30 2014, 09:10

no we got raped twice plain and simple.

Post by seebee1944 on Thu Jan 30 2014, 22:05

Quite simply City are on a different planet to Spurs and frankly it will be a travesty if they don't win the league playing like that. Quicker to every ball, fast neat passing, closing down so quickly we never settled on the ball. Having said that we gave the ball away too easily and kept getting caught in possession by dwelling on it. The defenders seemed to get caught out on the wrong side all the time eg Roses' tackle for the pen although it was a shit decision, but that wouldn't have actually made any difference to the result. Villa was awesome but there again noone picked him up. Although we got well stuffed I have to say watching City was, in a perverse way, was a joy.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Fri Jan 31 2014, 06:19

They have a great side seebee, a team to be admired by opposition supporters just as we were back in 1960-61. I lost count as to how many times I came away from a game away from home and the home fans saying how lucky we Spurs supporters were to watch such a great side week in week out, in there words, and as you said about City, a joy to watch, it made me  feel so proud. I hope they go on to win the premiership title rather than United, and certainly Chelsea and the Arsenal. However, I do wonder after spending over 100 million on players why we are just sitting back and praising City, not that they don't deserve it, instead of being able to say what quality players we bought in the Summer because it looks to me as though Levy has thrown away his money in the hope of achieving instant success and I do wonder how long it will be before we see our team in the same light as City, and with our present squad I think we have a bloody long wait. I find it hard to believe that during the last decade we have had such bad managers, all in Levy's reign, I think it is down to a bad chairman who will not let the manager bring in the players he want's and then not give that manager the chance to prove himself. My fear is that I am not getting any younger and that as long as Levy is in charge I will never see the glory day's back at Spurs.
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Jan 31 2014, 06:24

Only saw the 1st half and damn was I impressed. By Citeh that is! For 30 minutes they played us off the pitch. They are an awesome football team. They are what we as Spurs fans dream of and Levy aspires to. But we are so far behind it is scary. In fact we are so far behind top 4 and Chumps League at present I find it a bit depressing. Oh well the roller-coaster trundles onwards . . . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Fri Jan 31 2014, 06:27

Little factoid I saw today. Citeh spend £693,000 a day, yes just 24 hours, on wages alone !!! I suppose that somewhat explains the gap in class and the fact that football, in the 21st century, is a money-mad, dirty circus that has little in common with the game we all grew up with . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19 2018, 17:28