The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
  FC Dnipro  EmptyTue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
  FC Dnipro  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
  FC Dnipro  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
  FC Dnipro  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
  FC Dnipro  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
  FC Dnipro  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
  FC Dnipro  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
  FC Dnipro  EmptyThu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
  FC Dnipro  EmptyWed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

FC Dnipro  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

FC Dnipro

vis
    vis

FC Dnipro  Empty FC Dnipro

Post by vis on Wed Feb 19 2014, 06:08

FC Dnipro  200px-FC_Dnipro_Dnipropetrovsk.svg  Versus    FC Dnipro  150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At

FC Dnipro  Th?id=H.4716455167920899&w=219&h=146&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

FC Dnipro  160px-Europa_league.svg

Thursday 20th February 2014.
    Kick-Off @ 1800 GMT.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis
    vis

FC Dnipro  Empty Re: FC Dnipro

Post by vis on Wed Feb 19 2014, 06:10

Website for Dnipro (in English) . . . .

http://www.fcdnipro.ua/en/index/

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 04:54

Will Shitwood manage to do the treble? Dumped out of all 3 cups AVB had gone well in . . . . .

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 05:51

Well the 1st half was typically Tottenham. Not very good . . . .

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Fri Feb 21 2014, 05:58

we cant create nowt last 3rd can we .  Sad need eriksen on play thru the middle as the wings look like a beach.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 06:22

This game is mind numbingly dull, oh for the excitement of AVB again . . . .

Post by totalytot on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:02

We are certainly not ready for the CL even if we made it, that's for sure.

In the early rounds we played some very average sides and qualified easy but they are getting better now. Although Dnipro looked pretty average themselves and we should have won comfortably so even if we get through I don't see us going to far.

What a joke that Soldado is. He must be the worst BIG buy we have bought since Rebrov. 26 mil he's not worth 26 quid and add that to Lamela at 30 mil think what we could have bought with 56 mil if we had had somebody who knew what they were doing.

Poor game very dissapointed roll on Norwich.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:10

That was abysmal. the worst Spurs performance in ages. If that was AVB in charge the haters would be out in force now. Until this evening our record in this seasons Europa was played 8, won 8. And tonight with Shitwood in charge we are awful and lose (don't get me started on Soldildo or Crapoohie) !!!! Fans demand Chumps League? Bayern, Barca, PSG would stuff us in double figures. So much hope at the start of the season and, yet, this is one of the worst Spurs teams in ages. No heart, no desire, no, skill, no fekin clue . . . . . .

Last edited by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:15; edited 1 time in total

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:13

vis wrote:Will Shitwood manage to do the treble? Dumped out of all 3 cups AVB had gone well in . . . . .

crystalball 

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:18

FC Dnipro  _73122501_so

=

FC Dnipro  Th?id=H.4509175783686339&w=116&h=134&c=7&rs=1&pid=1    FC Dnipro  Th?id=H.4689203609208517&w=159&h=153&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:21

FC Dnipro  Th?id=H.5051711696341910&w=238&h=131&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

=

FC Dnipro  Th?id=H.4947975324502146&w=146&h=147&c=7&rs=1&pid=1   FC Dnipro  Th?id=HN.607996622740325116&w=168&h=155&c=7&rs=1&pid=1  FC Dnipro  Th?id=H.4558576494642805&w=161&h=154&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Post by BazSpur on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:28

Ony 1-0 down all to play for. We will beat them in the second leg.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:31

Will we though Baz? I wonder with Shitwood in charge and some of the players we have . . . . .

Post by totalytot on Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:32

vis wrote:That was abysmal. the worst Spurs performance in ages. If that was AVB in charge the haters would be out in force now. Until this evening our record in this seasons Europa was played 8, won 8. And tonight with Shitwood in charge we are awful and lose (don't get me started on Soldildo or Crapoue) !!!! Fans demand Chumps League? Bayern, Barca, PSG would stuff us in double figures. So much hope at the start of the season and, yet, this is one of the worst Spurs teams in ages. No heart, no desire, no, skill, no fekin clue . . . . .

The thing is Vis we wasted 100mil in the summer on some pretty average players and now we are paying for it. The trouble is if we wanted to offload them tomorrow we would only get a fraction of what we payed.

It looks like we will probably have to start from scratch again and by that time the other 5 clubs have moved further away.

Who in our squad would get into City or Chelsea? None in my opinion.

I know this is only the europa league but it just shows how weak our squad is.

Mikey M

Post by BazSpur on Fri Feb 21 2014, 08:17

Think we underestimated them mate, That and a hell of a shitty pitch. We'll win at the Lane crystalball Trust me.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 08:25

totalytot wrote:
    vis wrote:That was abysmal. the worst Spurs performance in ages. If that was AVB in charge the haters would be out in force now. Until this evening our record in this seasons Europa was played 8, won 8. And tonight with Shitwood in charge we are awful and lose (don't get me started on Soldildo or Crapoue) !!!! Fans demand Chumps League? Bayern, Barca, PSG would stuff us in double figures. So much hope at the start of the season and, yet, this is one of the worst Spurs teams in ages. No heart, no desire, no, skill, no fekin clue . . . . .

The thing is Vis we wasted 100mil in the summer on some pretty average players and now we are paying for it. The trouble is if we wanted to offload them tomorrow we would only get a fraction of what we payed.

It looks like we will probably have to start from scratch again and by that time the other 5 clubs have moved further away.

Who in our squad would get into City or Chelsea? None in my opinion.

I know this is only the europa league but it just shows how weak our squad is.

Mikey M

Mikey the half-decent players we do have will move on next season & the chaff we cannot get rid of will be all that's left. OK lol, maybe a bit dramatic for one defeat but tonight I thought we looked awful & far too many players on the pitch for us looked average at best . . . . .

vis
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Feb 21 2014, 08:29

BazSpur wrote:Think we underestimated them mate, That and a hell of a shitty pitch. We'll win at the Lane crystalball Trust me.

Baz the pitch was the same for Dnipro as it was for us. They dealt with it. A team who has not played a competitive game since early December ran Spurs, a team with farcical Chumps League ambitions, off that shitty pitch. We were so poor I cannot even feel embarrassed at this defeat . . . . .

Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus on Fri Feb 21 2014, 08:59

Bring Back Arry !!!!

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Fri Feb 21 2014, 09:49

do we just pick 11 players ever week with no plan because that what it looks like , that team tonight lacked goal scorers , the pitch was shite but we never looked up for it . the decision making in the last 3rd was proper poor . there's no chemistry what so ever .

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Fri Feb 21 2014, 09:56

[quote="vis"][quote="totalytot"]

Vis you really do not like Tim Sherwood so much that you have to use such emotive insulting terms to describe him. As I have mentioned in the other thread, he is doing a honest job making progress from a bad situation. It is not Tim's fault that he was left with players not worth 100mil. The thread should read get rid of Soldado if you watched the match you know what I mean and this is not the first time he has missed a sitter. How the fxxx is this Tim's fault. Get rid of Baldini and Levy if you want. I think you are barking the wrong tree mate

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Fri Feb 21 2014, 11:06

I remember a certain saurez couldnt hit a barndoor for pool when he arrived at pool .

now im not going stick up for soldado as other players also not pulled there weight also.

do we keep soldado and lamela next season on evidence we seen so far or cut our loses ?

id think we could get prob 15m for soldado to a la liga team and prob 20m plus for lamela ?

get that left back sorted get better winger than lennon thoughts ?

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Fri Feb 21 2014, 20:39

We were rubbish, and I could not wait to hear the final whistle. It would be hard for me to pick out one player who gave his all in this game. The pitch was like Blackpool beach, and our defence like the Donkey's that walk on it, no pace, why we play Dawson week in week out I don't know, ok player in the air, but at sixes and sevens on the ground. I thought Dnipro played very well and deserved their victory, the defeat could have been heavier, and if they played like this on a crap pitch what will they play like on a decent pitch back at the Lane, it will not be as easy as some people think. As for Sherwood? well I agree with Philip, much of what has happened at this club over the last decade is down to Levy, not giving a manager enough time to achieve his ambitions at the club, he should never have got rid of AVB, the defence was solid accept for that City defeat and I feel that he would have brought trophies to the club.

Post by BazSpur on Fri Feb 21 2014, 21:41

Yes the pitch was the same for both teams but I think they play on that type of pitch a lot more than we do so they will be used to it. They may well play well on our pitch......the thing is though, so will we.

Post by DJSR on Fri Feb 21 2014, 22:03

When i saw the starting XI, my first thoughts were, thats a pretty strong line up! And it was, but the problem we have is what Loverrocket said, he hit the nail on the head, there is no chemistry between the players whatsoever! None of the players know each other or what position their going to be in. The amount of times someone tried a quick one-two pass and the ball was lost because they arent making runs or reading the game.

I think the players know this, but are losing faith in the side as others arent bothering, you can see it on the pitch! This needs addressing asap, Tim's done well, but i dont think he has the know how or knowledge to be able to sort this problem out. Surely you would think in training that they would work on linking up with each other and work on set pieces, corners, throw ins, where other players should be positioned when in these situations, but its just not showing during games.

Yesterday was awful and boring, i couldnt wait for the game to finish. But its not just this game, its been like this all season, we havent dominated a game this season at all. I wouldnt point fingers at one, two or three players, its the whole team playing with no chemistry. I thought our most influencual player yesterday was Soldado, although he missed a sitter he always looks the most comfortable on the ball, but the rest were sorry to say, pure garbage/shit!

We were lucky not to lose by more than one goal yesterday could of easily been 3 or 4 nil, but we got lucky. I think we can beat them at the Lane, but then again our home record hasnt been that great this season.

Post by totalytot on Fri Feb 21 2014, 22:39

Boltjean wrote:We were rubbish, and I could not wait to hear the final whistle. It would be hard for me to pick out one player who gave his all in this game. The pitch was like Blackpool beach, and our defence like the Donkey's that walk on it, no pace, why we play Dawson week in week out I don't know, ok player in the air, but at sixes and sevens on the ground. I thought Dnipro played very well and deserved their victory, the defeat could have been heavier, and if they played like this on a crap pitch what will they play like on a decent pitch back at the Lane, it will not be as easy as some people think. As for Sherwood? well I agree with Philip, much of what has happened at this club over the last decade is down to Levy, not giving a manager enough time to achieve his ambitions at the club, he should never have got rid of AVB, the defence was solid accept for that City defeat and I feel that he would have brought trophies to the club.

I certainly think AVB had to go Boltjean. The players were not responding to him, we were getting slaughtered by the top teams and scraping through with penalty in some of the others. There was no plan and in the end I think he was glad to go as he didn't seem to have the answer and looked a drowning man. Personaly I think he was totaly overated and I think time will show that.
    Regarding Sherwood I don't think he will be the answer in the long term but you can't knock his league results at the moment and while we are winning we have to hope he will succeed and get us in the top 4. Although with this squad we wont get very far.

But the one thing most of us and most supporters agree on is the problem lay with Levy and Baldini. One can go quite easily but unfortunately the other is not for moving unless Lewis gets a big offer in the region of 500 mil for the club and Levy goes.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 20 2019, 07:39