The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Benfica Europa League

vis

Benfica Europa League

Post by vis on Wed Mar 12 2014, 07:10

Versus  

At

Thursday 13th March 2014.
    Kick-Off @ 20:05hrs GMT.

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Re: Benfica Europa League

Post by seebee1944 on Thu Mar 13 2014, 01:08

Our last chance saloon the Europe League. Personally I would like to see us go all out for this now, especially to counter balance Woolwich Wanderers more than likely winning the cup. But I have serious doubts about nice but dims selection, substitutions and lack of tactics last Saturday. Lennon as a no10 Walker in midfield what was that all about. After Kaboul red card moves Sandro to central defence rather than Vertonghen and switching Naughton to left and Walker to right back. Just no sense in it whatsoever.
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 14 2014, 06:07

Breaking Tottenham team news

Posted at 18:57

Roberto Solgado will start on the substitutes' bench against Benfica, while Harry Kane makes the starting line-up, as does Christian Eriksen. Younes Kaboul will captain Tottenham in the absence of the injured Michael Dawson.

Is Soldildo carrying a knock? WTF? Strange as always from S***wood . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 14 2014, 06:12

Benfica in form

Posted at 19:08

A two-legged tie against a team which has won 18 of their last 20 matches might not be what a doctor would have ordered for Tottenham after their 4-0 defeat by Chelsea on Sunday but, sometimes, people find strength through adversity and what better way to get back to full health than by beating one of the competition's favourites.

vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 14 2014, 06:16

LINE-UPS

Tottenham v Benfica (20:05 GMT)

Posted at 19:14

Tottenham: Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Naughton, Lennon, Paulinho, Sandro, Eriksen, Adebayor, Kane. Subs: Friedel, Rose, Soldado, Townsend, Chadli, Fryers, Bentaleb.

Benfica: Oblak, Silvio, Luisao, Garay, Siqueira, Fejsa, Ruben Amorim, Sulejmani, Rodrigo, Cardozo, Markovic. Subs: Artur Moraes, Djuricic, Lima, Gaitan, Jardel, Andre Almeida, Perez.

Referee: Jonas Eriksson (Sweden)

vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 14 2014, 06:17

Damn a Swedish Ref, The Citeh manager has already warned the world about how bad they are lol . . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 14 2014, 08:46

3rd goal has just gone in and I've turned off in disgust. WTF is going on at my football club? No heart, no desire, no fuck all. arsenil will destroy us . . . . .

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Fri Mar 14 2014, 09:10

1-1 .... I was being kind,

so much for the 2hr crisis talk didnt see anything new out there .

words fail me now................ Sad
    vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 14 2014, 09:32

upset 

Post by totalytot on Sat Mar 15 2014, 08:35

Our CLub is a disaster and a complete shambles and instead of getting better it just gets worse.

The players all look like they couldn't care less and want out.

It wont surprise me if we don't win another game for the rest of the season.We are becoming a laughing stock and the Arse will really hammer us this weekend.

We spent 100 m and are so far behind the other clubs it will take another ten years to catch up, if we ever will.

I just can't see anyway back at the moment and it will never change until Levy is fired and we all know that is never going to happen.

Mikey M
    vis

Post by vis on Sat Mar 15 2014, 10:33

Repped Mikey . . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Thu Mar 20 2014, 06:38

Going to bump this one back for the away leg . . . . .

Versus

At

Thursday 20th March 2014.
    Kick-Off @ 1800hrs GMT.

vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 21 2014, 04:46

Spurs: Friedel, Naughton, Sandro, Fryers, Rose, Sigurdsson, Bentaleb, Lennon, Chadli, Townsend, Soldado. Subs: Archer, Eriksen, Kane, Veljkovic, Winks, Ogilvie, Ball.

Gotta feeling this is going to be painful . . . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 21 2014, 05:39

So let's make it really easy for Benfica by keep giving the ball back to them . . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 21 2014, 05:47

Well unless I see a marked improvement in the 2nd half I may well give up watching my team anymore this season . . . . .

vis

Post by vis on Fri Mar 21 2014, 05:49

Oh and forgot to mention Soldildo misses yet another chance. Prick . . . .

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Fri Mar 21 2014, 20:22

Well, we are out of this dreaded Europa Cup. In my opinion, if we do not get a top four spot come the end of the season, then I would rather we finish seventh so next season we don't have to be subjected to this bloody competition. Next season I want to see us go all out with a settled first team for a Premiership title, or at least a top four finish, and play a mix of first team players with the youngsters in the FA Cup and all the youngsters in the, what is it Capital Cup?. We do not need to be in four competition's when one of those is the Europa Cup, this is why the likes of City, Chelsea and the Arsenal are always in the top four, because they never play in this competition, only in the Champions League which has far less games so therefore the players can focus more on the Premiership.

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Sat Mar 22 2014, 01:12

Well said and cut our losses on Saldado, get rid of Baldini move on

philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip on Sat Mar 22 2014, 01:13

Well said and cut our losses on Saldado, get rid of Baldini  move on