The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Rest of Season Match Threads

vis

Rest of Season Match Threads

Post by vis on Mon Mar 24 2014, 09:03

With the general lack of interest on the forum at present I reckon it will be easier if the few of us who are here at the mo post about the remaining games of the season in just this one thread.
    Thanx.
    Vis . . . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Re: Rest of Season Match Threads

Post by DJSR on Wed Mar 26 2014, 21:37

Cheers Vis for keeping on top of things, have a rep mate!

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Wed Mar 26 2014, 23:06

Well, after the Arsenal dropping points v Swansea, fills my heart with joy after their result the weekend, can we get fourth place. On paper it looks as though there is to much ground to make up, but has their heads dropped which could lead them to loosing out to us. Our run is, Liverpool away, it would be a great result if we got a draw here, Sunderland home, should be 3 points, W.B.A away, 3 points, Fulham home, 3 points, Stoke away, tough one this, they are playing well but I will still go for 3 points, West Ham away, as long as we stay off the Lasagne, save it for when they play the Arsenal, 3 points, and Aston Villa home, 3 points, a total of 18 points.
    Arsenal have, Man City home, Everton away, West Ham home, Hull away, Newcastle home, W.B.A home, and Norwich away, come on Chris do us a favour. How many points for them?, 13 so they will just about do it. I stated in another post if we do not get fourth I would rather we finish seventh as I do not want to suffer the Europa League next season. Someone on News Now posted that they believe Liverpool are where they are because they did not play in Europe and have just been able to concentrate on the Premiership leaving them playing a game a week and feeling refreshed, have to agree here.

Post by seebee1944 on Thu Mar 27 2014, 00:42

Yes Len it makes it even more galling that we didn't beat them the other week when they were for the taking, as Chelsea proved. Unfortunately I think it is now too late for us but if we don't Everton must have the best chance, especially if they win their game.
    vis

Post by vis on Thu Mar 27 2014, 07:04

Everton for me for the best chance to snatch 4th . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by superkaboul on Mon Mar 31 2014, 00:32

I'll be at the pub for this one then back on here after.

Lloris
    Naughton churches kaboul verts

Benteleb
    Lennon. Siggy. Chadli
    Erikson
    Soldado
    Let's not sit back and invite pressure. Go at there shit defence.

vis

Post by vis on Mon Mar 31 2014, 00:49

I fear for us today mate, reckon we could be on a hiding to nothing but yup go for 'em. . . .

Post by superkaboul on Mon Mar 31 2014, 02:55

What a bad start . why don't rose cut the crosses out. Get Sherwood adopted son off for sandro and get Kane on later at least he cares
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Mar 31 2014, 04:00

Ouch that was as bad as I thought it would be . . . .

Post by superkaboul on Mon Mar 31 2014, 05:21

lloris 6
    nauthong 5
    kaboul 4
    verts 4 couldnt wait to get off. bottle job
    rose2 hes had a whole season to cement left back spot and has failed
    bentelb 5 left hight and dry with that team selection
    siggy 5
    lennon 3 hes just crap and anyone who thinks hes better then taarabt is an idiot
    erikson 5 wasted on the left
    soldado lone striker lol

dawson comes on and sets up saurez lol

Post by superkaboul on Mon Mar 31 2014, 06:03

I know nobody is interested in a defence of Sherwood, but none of those are down to tactics, selection or formation.

Also, we had more shots then them 15 to 11.

They had 5 shots on target, and scored 4 goals.

It's just this hideous season - everything imaginable just goes wrong over and over and over again.

Post by totalytot on Mon Mar 31 2014, 08:47

Very few players are up for a fight. No passion, No interest in the club and in most cases very little ability.

Every game when we have gone 1-0 down against the top teams our heads go down and we turn it in.

Most of the players seem to want out and to be honest I would be happy for the whole team to go and we start over again with players that want to play for us.

If Van Gal does come here I hear that he is not one for buying big names he believes in the acadamy and bringing through young players. It would mean another long wait for another crack at top 4 or the title but then we've been waiting over 50 years so another 5 or 6 years wont seem that bad.

It's a shame but we have blown the potential we had shown in the last couple of seasons and gone back 10 years.

Anybody who thought that selling Bale would not make to much difference was so wrong. His goals of last season are just what we needed this season. He was the only world class player we had and we certainly didn't replace him.

The most galling thing for me is that Liverpool could win the title on a fraction of what we spent and a suspect defence and Arsenal are worse this season than they were last season and to top it all we didn't even have to worry about Utd as they have gone and behind us.

I didn't expect us to win today and thought we might get hammered again but I just hoped we would put up a good show and some pride back into the club. How wrong can you be, we were awful.

The defence had more holes than a swiss cheese, the MF had no plan, no idea what to do with ball and constantly got caught in possession and upfront well there just wasn't any.

Mikey M

Post by superkaboul on Mon Mar 31 2014, 13:39

The defense of Sherwood was some stats I found on the game. My opinion was we was bloody awful today and yet tim stays up in the stand when they needed him. Tim don't know what hes doing. Bentelb been good but we should of started Sandro today.

Post by seebee1944 on Mon Mar 31 2014, 21:13

Deadwood says that by sitting in the stands he sees more and can assess the players, well sorry but you were the one who said I deserve the job cos noone knows the players better than me. Contradiction or what.
    Still insisting on playing a high line with no holding midfielder and that to me is suicide against the top sides and why they are all scoring 4s and 5s against us.
    Most disappointing is hearing the away fans singing we're shit and we're sick of it, if they feel like that what will it be like with 30 odd thousand chipping in.
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Apr 07 2014, 05:40

Emmanuel Adebayor should return from a three-match absence with a gashed heel for Monday's visit of Sunderland.

Vlad Chiriches and Paulinho are also back in contention but Roberto Soldado and Jan Vertonghen miss out with injuries sustained last weekend.

Sunderland head coach Gus Poyet has no fresh injury concerns ahead of the return to his former club.

Adam Johnson could earn a recall, but Steven Fletcher and Keiren Westwood remain sidelined by injury.

Post by superkaboul on Mon Apr 07 2014, 06:39

im hearing lamela might be on the bench.

lloris
    naughton chirches kaboul fryers

sandro erikson
    chadli towsend
    ade kane

vis

Post by vis on Mon Apr 07 2014, 08:45

Which bench mate? The in Buenos Aries park? Where has he been? It's a long time since we have seen him . . . . .

Post by superkaboul on Mon Apr 07 2014, 09:18

i heard its to do with add ons. if we play him we have to pay more.
    hopefully its rubbish.

i hope tim dont start ade if hes unfit.
    would rather see harry kane start

Post by totalytot on Mon Apr 07 2014, 23:05

superkaboul wrote:i heard its to do with add ons. if we play him we have to pay more.
    hopefully its rubbish.

i hope tim dont start ade if hes  unfit.
    would rather see harry kane start

ADD ONS!!! He cost 30 mil and we were robbed then surely they can't want more?

Mikey M

Post by totalytot on Mon Apr 07 2014, 23:12

If Lamella is fit I would play him in fact I would play him for the last 6 games and see what he can do if anything. In fact I would give a few fringe players and those that have been out of favour recently like Paulinio and Sandro games. They can't do any worse and not playing them has probably resulted in some of the poor recent results.

Mikey M

Post by superkaboul on Tue Apr 08 2014, 01:49

just noticed everton have been playing a 19 kid at the center of defence

yet spurs wont trust a kid there and put players out of postion when we have no fit center backs.

its bloody stupid..

Post by superkaboul on Tue Apr 08 2014, 09:07

lennon had a good game but they all did apart from danny rose and chadli

when chriches and kaboul bring the ball out it starts attacks.
    unlike dawson who panics and hoofs.
    erikson was superb again
    kane deserves to start ahead of soldado.
    naughton had another solid game.

Post by superkaboul on Tue Apr 08 2014, 09:11

vis

Post by vis on Tue Apr 08 2014, 09:22

FFS lol a 5-1 means Levy will give Shitwood the job now. Ho hum (tongue in cheek guys I am actually happy lol ) . . . .

Post by superkaboul on Tue Apr 08 2014, 09:39

lol ye theres no way levy wil sack him tonight.

erikson 20 Premier league games, in his first season? Very very impressive! In comparison, £40m Ozil has 4 goals and 8 assists in 22 games. I know who I'd rather have in my team, and he's not German

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jun 19 2018, 17:28