The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

europa or not

shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

europa or not

Post by shearspur on Mon Mar 31 2014, 08:20

hi guys , this season cant finish quick enough for me. to many half hearted displays from certain players who don't give a shit and think their bigger than thfc already. but my question to you is would you rather finish out of the Europa league places this season and just start afresh like pool did last season, concentrate on the league instead of Thursday sunday every other week. no doubt we will have the players who only want to play for a champs lge club and will make noises about leaving, but forget they got us in the mess were in. personally I hope we don't make Europa next season, defeatist? maybebut cant have another season like this.......... ps is superkaboul lought ?

Re: europa or not

Post by superkaboul on Mon Mar 31 2014, 08:39

im the same.
    i hope we finnish 7th

look how well its done for liverpool to not play thursday and sunday.

shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur on Mon Mar 31 2014, 09:14

well that's what im hoping, it sounds terrible but think we need to get out of it and re evaluate where our club is going wrong. its not like we don't splash the cash but its always wrong players for positions we don't need .

Post by BazSpur on Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:43

No European football at all. Clean break all round.

MY EYES HAVE SEEN THE GLORY

AUDERE EST FACERE............TO DARE IS TO DO

"When it is played at its best, football remains the greatest game of all.
    And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'Hoddle a luxury? It's the bad players who are a luxury.'

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:47

For me every season, but hey it's the magic of European nights at The Lane and nice shiny silver things at the end of it all . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Mar 31 2014, 10:48

Pssst Shear, Possibly lol . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by totalytot on Mon Mar 31 2014, 22:43

I would be quite happy to miss out on the Europa league. We would be unlikely to win it at the moment anyway and it is not helping our league position at all. The trouble is 7th might make it next season and even with our poor form I don't see us finishing lower than that.

So I think we'll be there next season again.

Mikey M
    vis

Post by vis on Mon Mar 31 2014, 23:39

Thing is that as we are a club with Chumps League ambitions how would we cope with it if we can't cope with the Europa? Look at the Europa as a training run. Professional players who should be able to play 2 games a week, large squads so chance of rotation, chance for youngsters to gain experience. Not something to fear, something to embrace . . . . . .

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET on Tue Apr 01 2014, 00:10

we are million miles from 4th with or without europa anyhow .................

slimline the squad stop buying players on potential bollocks.................

and after looking at the past managers list get a manager with some bollocks and a proper cv.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Tue Apr 01 2014, 00:56

I posted about this a while ago as I read a article from a footballer, can't remember who it was now, anything over a couple of days goes out of my head, anyway he stated that the reason why Liverpool are where they are now and us where we are is this bloody Europa League. He said that they have only had to focus on the Premiership and have been refreshed after playing there league games. Vis you say that we are a club with Champions League ambitions and how could we cope if we can't cope with the Europa Cup. I am not sure but I believe there are far more games in the Europa Cup than the Champions League so I would say until we have a top manager and a squad of players willing to give there all for him and the club let's not get involved in this Europa Cup, and as Mikey and Baz said lets start from scratch, get rid of all the players who are not the quality we need to push for a top four spot next season, Dawson, Rose, Naughton, Lennon, not sure about Townsend and Walker and perhaps concentrate on getting the players to gel who we bought in the Summer, I still have faith in them, I also feel that Sandro should be captain, he shows so much passion and I think he would pass that onto the players around him.

Post by BazSpur on Tue Apr 01 2014, 01:42

Sandro for Captain? Spot on Len. He shows passion and is Spurs through and through. I'd also get Holby back from being on loan as he is another player who would die for Spurs.

And Tottenham, so close to my heart, is still to me the greatest club." - Bill Nicholson

'If Ossie Ardiles had gone to Arsenal, they would have had him marking the goalkeeper or something.' Danny Blanchflower
    vis

Post by vis on Tue Apr 01 2014, 02:29

Depends on where you come into competitions but if you qualify straight to league group then Europa is 15 games inc final & Chumps League is 13 games inc final . . . . .

Post by superkaboul on Tue Apr 01 2014, 03:20

sandro should be captain . hes the leader in the dressing room so he should be on the pitch

did tim give it to lennon in one of our games recently

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Tue Apr 01 2014, 04:48

Agree Baz re Holtby. One thing I can not understand is why Sherwood sat in the stands when we were playing so badly throughout the game v Liverpool, how many managers in there right mind would sit in the stand instead of getting down on the touch line to motivate or give instructions to the players when they are playing so badly, would Wenger, Rodgers or any manager for that matter do what he did?. I was prepared to stand by him as I would any manager until Levy sacks them, but after seeing him in the stands looking disgusted with the teams performance without getting off his backside, well that has done it for me. Just a thought, stupid I know, but I do wonder if Levy is behind the reason for him being in the stand after his Benfica outburst, I can not think of any reason for him wanting to be there, you can not show the same passion being seated to when you are on the side line jumping up and down, barking orders to the players, punching the air when a player scores, something not right, he seems to have lost the plot.

Post by seebee1944 on Tue Apr 01 2014, 04:57

Not the plot, just the dressing room. The man is so far out of his depth it's embarrassing,
    The supporters let him know yesterday what they thought by their chants of "where's our manager" and all he says is fans are entitled to their opinion. Well yes we are but it doesn't make you right Timbo.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean on Wed Apr 02 2014, 05:08

We have seen it where a manager has been sent to the stands by a ref, the manager will argue with the official because they do not want to go, here we have a manager who goes before the players kick a bloody ball. He said he did it because he can get a better idea as to how the players perform from the stands, well perhaps he would be better in a hot air balloon and that he will hopefully get blown of course to say the north pole. You would think he would know how the players are performing by seeing the ball ending up in the back of our net, or perhaps ask the supporters I am sure they would have a better idea than he does.

Post by BazSpur on Wed Apr 02 2014, 08:24

He's an idiot Len.

Post by seebee1944 on Wed Apr 02 2014, 20:18

We all agree back the manager and support the team but I'm afraid that not only has he lost the dressing room, he's lost the majority of supporters too. I've never known the Spurs support so subdued and disillusioned.

Post by BazSpur on Thu Apr 03 2014, 00:57

Seebee posted.

We all agree back the manager and support the team but I'm afraid that not only has he lost the dressing room, he's lost the majority of supporters too. I've never known the Spurs support so subdued and disillusioned.

A total disaster Seebee but only one person has to take the blame for that....Levy. Once again he tried to do something on the cheap. Why appoint a man who by his own admission has no intention of taking his coaching badges? That alone will preclude him becoming manager next season as I doubt the FA will overlook that fact for another 3 years or so. Why appoint a man who has had no experience of coaching Internationals or even Prem players? Because he was a cheap option. Hoddle wanted the job and to be honest no matter what his failings were last time he managed us, in all honesty he would have been better than the goon deadwood.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24 2017, 05:42