The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» Not been here for a while
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:34 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

More relaxed

More relaxed

Post by totalytot on Sun Aug 10 2014, 19:09

After five seasons of expecting big things like challenging for the title and champs league or the fa cup I am more relaxed this season as I don't expect to win anything. Therefore I can sit back and watch and hopefully enjoy the football even if it's only sometimes.                          Unless we strengthen the side in certain areas, like up front then it's   going to be 6th or 7th again. But I'm past anger and frustration anymore as I don't expect anything.                                                    

We missed the opportunity to really move forward and cement our name with top sides 2 or3 seasons ago and with bale money last season. So unless we offload some average players and bring in 2 or 3 big names it's not going to happen.

Therefore this year unlike recent years I don't expect anything so I believe I' m going to enjoy watching our team play regardless of the result and hopefully see our new manager turn out to be the one we have been looking for for 10 years.

Mikey m
    vis

Re: More relaxed

Post by vis on Mon Aug 11 2014, 06:19

I think a lot of supporters feel the same way as you Mikey. Hope for the best but just enjoy the ride . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)

Post by superkaboul on Wed Aug 13 2014, 11:48

yep i feel the same. we wont get top 4 with our defence.

i like this manager and ill be happy with top 6 place and him being given time.

i hope we use the europa league for the sqaud players then get to the knockout stages then maybe concentrate on that seeing as the price is champions league. sod the league

Post by totalytot on Sat Aug 16 2014, 23:55

I agree about the league we are at least 20 to 24 points short of top spot and probably 8 to 10 from fourth. So sixth is probably best we can expect.

I also hope we give the manager a chance even if we don't win anything as is expected. He's young and could turn out to be the best we've had for a long time but only time will tell.

Mikey M
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Aug 17 2014, 06:05

So another new dawn unfurls it's-self. Pleased with the win today. The Bubble Blowers are insufferable when they think they have one over on us. Small club syndrome I suppose? I don't think we will be 20+ points away from top Mikey as it looks like another tight season is in store but yup 6th is probably the best we can hope for right now & like Lought I would love to see the Europa taken seriously this season . . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    dartbreakid
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by dartbreakid on Sun Aug 17 2014, 12:43

Player Grades
    (Marks out of 10)

Lloris 7.7
    Naughton 5.1
    Kaboul 5.1
    Dier 7.9
    Rose 5.7
    Bentaleb 6.3
    Capoue 6.2
    Lamela 5.9
    Eriksen 5.8
    Lennon 5.5
    Adebayor 5.7

Substitutes:-

Friedel -
    Dawson -
    Davies -
    Holtby 6.2
    Townsend 6.5
    Kane 6.3
    Soldado -

Mauricio Pochettino

Team Selection 6.5
    Tactics 6.8
    Substitutions 7.7

Referee

Chris Foy 3.5

FAIR RATINGS

Post by totalytot on Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:41

When you look at that team and go down that starting line up the worry is there is no real class in the side. We were poor today and I'm concerned what will happen when we meet the top sides. We still look vulnerable at the back an we need a central defender badly and a top striker.

Miley m

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content