The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Tue Sep 26 2017, 19:04 by BazSpur

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Fri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Sun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Sat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Fri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Thu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

» story so far ?
Thu Nov 20 2014, 03:20 by vis

» southampton team news
Wed Oct 08 2014, 09:47 by superkaboul

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Affiliates

I forgot my password

Liverpool will we wont we

Liverpool will we wont we

Post by totalytot on Sun Aug 31 2014, 06:32

I know it's early in the season but this game against Liverpool will tell us if we have improved from last year.

We got hammered by them and the other top sides last year and we have more or less the same players at the moment.

We have looked pretty good so far but we haven't played anyone special and they have been games we were expected to win.

Liverpool don't have Suarez but they have a number of new players and it will be a big test.We need to win this game for the players to build up their confidence and we can move forward.

My one worry is still our defence it still looks vunerable at times and sides like Liverpool could exploit this.

Also I still believe we need a really top striker but it doesn't seem that we are likely to buy anyone by Monday.The striker situation seems to be our Achilles Heel every year. Soldado does not seem to be comfortable in the premier and as hard as he works Kane is not going to worry any of the top sides.

To sum up I'm hopefull but aprehensive about tomorows game but really looking forward to it. COYS!!!!!

Mikey M
    dartbreakid
    Conference League
    Conference League

Re: Liverpool will we wont we

Post by dartbreakid on Sun Aug 31 2014, 10:18

need to press whole game otherwise pool counter attack will do us.

Post by seebee1944 on Sun Aug 31 2014, 21:06

For me the defensive issue stems from Rose (how the hell has he got in the England squad) attacking and then strolling back when the opposition is attacking, which means a central defender is pulled across to try and cover. However I think Liverpools defence is just as vulnerable so overall I see us winning cos I think we are better in midfield.
    vis

Post by vis on Sun Aug 31 2014, 22:37

Draw for me Seebee . . . .

“I have been here since I was a boy, I have always considered it my Club and have always found it hard to imagine wearing the shirt of another team," Ledley King 2012 (any Spurs fan would say the same)
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus on Mon Sep 01 2014, 00:16

Draw for me Too !

Post by totalytot on Mon Sep 01 2014, 00:27

How many more times WE NEED A FUCKING STRIKER !!!!!!

Liverpool had Sturridge and Sterling and they still went out and bought Balotelli. All we have is Adebeyor and he keeps giving the ball away. I know we have Soldado and Kane but they arn't the answer we need a top striker but the window is nearly closed.

I don't agree with you guys about a draw. I would settle for it to be honest but Liverpool look dangerous every time they go forward. We just don't seem to have any end product.

Mikey M
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by Maximus on Mon Sep 01 2014, 00:44

the draw is out of the window now we are 2 down !!!!
    dartbreakid
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by dartbreakid on Mon Sep 01 2014, 01:38

I hate being right Sad

Post by superkaboul on Mon Sep 01 2014, 02:33

we need a goal and we bring on dembele and towsend lol

kind of agree with the dembele sub but harry kane should of come on

im fed up with ade too

only positive today was benteleb

Post by superkaboul on Mon Sep 01 2014, 03:27

Townsend One of Pool's better players in the second half.

Post by totalytot on Mon Sep 01 2014, 04:14

I can't believe we turned down 10 mil for Townsend and only offered the same for snederlin, who looks like he's going to Arsenal. Mind you we only seem to be interested in midfielders we have enough although not a lot of quality.

It's the same old story really we don't have a killer up front. We can create a million chances but if there's no one to put them away you are not going to win enough games to challenge for anything.

Having said that we didn't create as many chances as Liverpool who could have scored a couple more, Ballotelli missed 2 sitters.

I know a lot will say it was a soft penalty but it wouldn't have made a lot of difference to the result and he did put his arms on him in the penalty area so a pen it is.

I'm not looking forward to playing any of the top 5 or 6 sides. It's the same squad of players from last year and it looks like the same results.

I was up for todays game it's a shame the players were not.

Mikey M
    dartbreakid
    Conference League
    Conference League

Post by dartbreakid on Mon Sep 01 2014, 04:35

we got fazio and benjamin to come in , but top 6 sides take no prisoners.

Post by seebee1944 on Mon Sep 01 2014, 21:22

Well I sure got that one wrong. Disappointed with the performance all the good things we have been doing went missing. Eriksen had probably his worst game in a Spurs shirt and apart from Bentaleb the rest of the midfield were pretty poor as well. As for the defence well the first goal was exactly as I described with Rose totally out of position and quite frankly he is never going to make a defender. He doesn't see any danger cannot read the game and is poor in the tackle. Why sign a left back and then play Rose it's beyond me.
    Townsend is another one who simply isn't good enough, he obviously believes the hype that surrounded one goal he scored for England and plays entirely for himself. Direct cause of third goal. From what I read today we will hopefully off-load him before 11pm tonight.
    I don't know where we go from here.

Post by totalytot on Mon Sep 01 2014, 23:02

I agree Seebee I can't understand why we don't play Davies. The trouble is now Rose has been picked for England Davies is unlikely to play in the league matches. It shows how bad England must be if Rose is the best Hodgson can pick. You're right he's not a defender and we look so exposed when he goes forward.

Our defence looks so vunerable on the counter and we could be in for some heavy defeats again this year. Also we don't look like scoring goals like last year and we need a top STRIKER!!!!

As I said before we keep buying and being linked with midfield players when we need defenders and strikers. Any average football fan can see that but not apperantly our esteemed chairman. We could have had Remy for 10 mil but he's gone to Chelsea, Welbeck looks like going to Sunderland on loan. We look like missing the boat again.

I'm with you Seebee I don't know where we are going anymore.

Mikey M

Post by superkaboul on Tue Sep 02 2014, 10:37

agree with all that you said seebee

eriksen been poor this season but it seems poch has done same as sherwoood

playing benteleb in a big game at home was crazy
    we needed sandro and now hes gone

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 23 2018, 13:18