The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The truth about joe cole. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The truth about joe cole. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The truth about joe cole. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The truth about joe cole. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The truth about joe cole. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The truth about joe cole. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The truth about joe cole. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The truth about joe cole. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The truth about joe cole. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The truth about joe cole. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
ionman34
spurslegend
djfitzo
BazSpur
totalytot
HotspurRoper
10 posters

The truth about joe cole.

The truth about joe cole. Empty The truth about joe cole.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 07 2010, 16:49

Why some of us want him at spurs is a little mystifying......

Lets ask ourselves these questions................1) who would you drop for joe cole ?
    2) His wages far exceeds that of any present spurs player ! potential problem could arise when our better players contracts are up for renewal............might they ask to be on a financial parity with cole ? as he himself has asked for at chelsea?
    3) He hasnt been a regular in the chelsea side for ages now, so if he isnt good enough for them why should he be good enough for us ?

4) Its taken him an age to get over that injury ! is he the same player ?

So my appraisal of him is that we should leave him to whoever wants to pay him over half a million a month ! yes we have to say that there wouldnt be a fee for him but i still dont think he,s worth the risk on wages that exceed over £6 million per year.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

The truth about joe cole. Empty Re: The truth about joe cole.

Post by HotspurRoper Mon Jun 07 2010, 17:03

Personally................ id leave well alone, he does'st seem the type to sit on the bench and fight for his place in the team which is what he would have to do at Spurs whit the class we now have all around the pitch not just in midfield, their is no gaurenteed starters now for us and for me Cole just seem the type when he is not playing he will spit his dummy out!!!
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Jun 07 2010, 19:23

I haven't heard him complaining about not playing every week at Chelsea yet. But it looks like he will start against USA if the papers are to be believed as he has been great in training and if he has a good WC then he will look a bargain. However I agree that if he came to us where would he play and who would drop out, but it would be a nice problem to have with the CL this year, especially with his experience in Europe.
    Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 00:55

pmsl lew love it, u and most of thisboard have been harping on about cole for years and joining tottenham, now that arsenal may be interested, u know longer think hes worth it, i think joe cole could be worth that free transfer if it happens.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 08 2010, 01:55

Its not that we are jealous Burger. Its just that things have changed in our midfield and if he came in on inflated wages where is he gonna play? We have a strong midfield already Sandro coming in as well and Bale, Modric, Lennon, The Hud, Bentley if he stays. We don't need him. Where would he play? Great player but he wouldn't be an automatic choice.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Jun 08 2010, 02:45

Thats the point i was trying to put across Baz, he wouldnt be 1st choice (whereas at Arsenal he walks stright into the team lol) and would he be happy with that, IMO no, and as a consequence could start making waves. So as much as i think he is a good player lets no go down the berbatov road again and leave the big egos well alone!!!

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 02:49

joe cole is a good professional lee, he dont get into trouble, keeps his head down and i never heard stories of him moaning about not getting game time.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Tue Jun 08 2010, 02:53

If that is the case Burgs then i have him all wrong and admit am wrong
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jun 08 2010, 02:59

burger777 wrote:pmsl lew love it, u and most of thisboard have been harping on about cole for years and joining tottenham, now that arsenal may be interested, u know longer think hes worth it, i think joe cole could be worth that free transfer if it happens.

You wont break your wage structure for him Burgs, so he wont be going to you, as for not thinking his worth it, none of them are and certainly not one thats been injured a lot lately and wants over 100k a week.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 03:10

i dont want him.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 04:12

strange how yids dont want him now, hey lought u said he would never go arsenal the other week, saying he wont recognise anyone. lol.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Jun 08 2010, 04:45

loughts right bugger he would be the only one speaking cockney

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 05:05

djfitzo wrote:
    burger777 wrote:pmsl lew love it, u and most of thisboard have been harping on about cole for years and joining tottenham, now that arsenal may be interested, u know longer think hes worth it, i think joe cole could be worth that free transfer if it happens.

You wont break your wage structure for him Burgs, so he wont be going to you, as for not thinking his worth it, none of them are and certainly not one thats been injured a lot lately and wants over 100k a week.
    im not sure dave this one seems to be gathering pace, i think ole big nose will get involved.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 05:26

I think most people on here know the esteem that I hold Cole in. But I, and others, have posted on other threads about him that where to play him would be a problem given the strength in midfield we now have. The main point is, who would you drop to accomodate him ? The only solution I can see is to use him in the 'hole' behind either Defoe or Pavy. I also think his wage demands are ludicrous and any club daft enough to pay his demands are short-sighted to say the least. If no one caves in he will soon accept less when faced with life on the dole ! It's the old conundrum. Clubs living outside thier means, spending money they don't really have, to attract players to try to win just a few competitions. As always IMO, Cole is the most naturally gifted English midfield playing at present. Yes I would love to see him in a Spurs shirt but not at the expense of our sucessfull, present midfield. Any club who gets him will get a good professional with a few years left in his tank if he keeps injury free . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 05:32

the fact hes a free, helps the wages issue, so any team putting cole on a 2 year contract wont really lose out, im hearing 90k a week quoted and that works out under 10 mill for the 2 years, i aint getting too excited tho vis, i think cole is agood player and would be happy to see him at arsenal, but it sought of resigns me to the fact we are losing cesc and cole aint as good as him imo.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 05:42

Probably true Burgs. Time would tell with that as your style of play would doubtless suit Cole. And ok he's free but he would be at Chelsea, so why are they balking at his demands ? Spurs have a very strict wage strucure capped, I believe, at about only (lol) £50K a week. Not sure what the one at yours is but is it as much as £90K p/w ? Seems a vast sum for a player with a 1 in 7/8 scoring record, injury history and a club that dosen't think he's worth what he's asking for . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 05:45

cesc and gallas are on 75k a week (reportly)but our players are mostly around 50k a week, how do they survive.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 05:52

Wouldn't get out of bed for it mate . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 06:05

The short story is I'd be more than happy to have Joe Cole at Arsenal.
    Spurs have a good midfield that has relatively gelled together (given the necessary injury changes as the season went by), but none of them are as good as a Cole that is on form.
    The same goes for Arsenal, Fabregas excluded. They (Joe & Cesc) are different players but have comparable skill levels. Fabregas being younger probably has yet to live up to his potential, Cole arguably could be about to peak around about now if he can stay injury free.

Therefore Cole should command a healthy number of automatic starts at either club.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 08 2010, 06:07

the guy shoots, that will help our cause straightaway.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jun 08 2010, 07:06

VisionarySound wrote:Wouldn't get out of bed for it mate . . . . . .

Nor me Vis. Would be a mug even to think about it. The truth about joe cole. Icon_rolleyes
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jun 08 2010, 19:53

Mark2spark wrote:The short story is I'd be more than happy to have Joe Cole at Arsenal.
    Spurs have a good midfield that has relatively gelled together (given the necessary injury changes as the season went by), but none of them are as good as a Cole that is on form.
    The same goes for Arsenal, Fabregas excluded. They (Joe & Cesc) are different players but have comparable skill levels. Fabregas being younger probably has yet to live up to his potential, Cole arguably could be about to peak around about now if he can stay injury free.

Therefore Cole should command a healthy number of automatic starts at either club.

Its all about balance Mark and collectively I believe we are stronger without Joe Cole, if we played him left side, he will always come inside and at the mom, Bale is skinning right backs for fun, is younger then Cole and naturally left footed, on the right we have Lennon/Bentley/Kranjar and id always pick Lennon over Cole and Cole wont play second fiddle to Lennon if Bentley was to leave. Whilst not as skilful as Cole, we have tried Keane "in the hole" and it didnt work, maybe the way our set up is doesnt allow for it. So, its not that Joe Cole is no good, its just doesnt make sense financially or from a playing aspect.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 08 2010, 21:43

I like Cole, always have. Like Vis I believe he is probably the most talented English player out there. As an attacking midfielder there are few better and it is here where I think Chelsea ruined him causing him to waste too many years sitting on the sidelines.

Joe Cole, ball at feet, running at centre halves .................. Frightening prospect.

Forget the money for the moment and just focus on just where he would fit in to our line up. We currently have, IMO, one of the most balanced midfields out there. Our flanks cannot be bettered from an attacking point of view. Name me a better wing attack than Bale and Lennon, I dare ya!! Couple them with the attacking flair of Modric and you have a midfield always looking to get goals. The 4th position in midfield needs to be filled with the type of player that can do the 'dirty work'. The beauty of our midfield is that we have players who can do this AND provide flair.

Now Cole, I believe, would slot right into the role that Modric plays, rather easily IMO. The trouble is that he wouldn't replace Modric, he'd be there as back up. Something that I don't think he'd swallow any more. So, as great a player as he is, he doesn't really offer us anything that we don't already have. Had this same scenario occured 3-4 seasons ago he'd have waltzed into the Spurs side. At this point in time I don't think he could buy his way in!!

It's ironic really. For ages I wanted us to put in a bid for him. From when Mourinho was at the Chavs I wanted us to bid for Cole but we'd never have got him. Now, when he is readily available, we really don't need him.

I wish him luck wherever he goes (unless it's the goons) as I love watching him play and his attitude, WRT his Football, is exemplary. But he would be a luxury we really don't require.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 09 2010, 04:15

its all about squads dave and cole would be a good addition to any squad, its quite enjoyable reading yid posts saying he wouldn get in or he aint needed, bentley,jenas,hudd,palacious,lennon,bale,modric,krankjar, is your midfield at the moment and you have bought sandro in, you not think cole would make 5 of this players work for there place, bentley lets say, or even jenas, maybe if lennon or bale had an injury or out of form. cmon guys i know your in dreamland but dont get too ahead of yourselves.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 09 2010, 04:43

Listen burger, no one wants him, we have a great midfield already, he aint coming, he probably don't want to come, who would he replace? he wouldn't want to be second to anyone, he is too expensive. WE....DON'T.....CARE ffs lol. Now stop The truth about joe cole. 912733 for bites lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 22:33