The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
ionman34
spurslegend
djfitzo
BazSpur
totalytot
HotspurRoper
10 posters

The truth about joe cole.

spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 Empty Re: The truth about joe cole.

Post by spurslegend Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:40

in your dreams bugger all i can see is you and your other you getting kaned

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:48

BazSpur wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:It seems that you can only progress if you actually win something burg.
    So finishing 7th but winning the CC is an achievment.
    We used to think like that about 20 years ago, don't you remember?

I think that post is basically saying you have progressed without winning any trophies Mark I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong.

Lolol so it's saying we have progressed even though it doesn't say so? Lolol I can't argue with that pmsl

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:50

*Cough* I think it's burgs getting the flak Mark

lewspurs wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:It seems that you can only progress if you actually win something burg.

Bit of a silly post marky, you havent progressed in the slightest in recent years, in fact man city have progressed more than you have in finishing 5th in the premiership, you lot constantly aspire to higher things but you have made naff all progress against your main antagonists chelsea and man utd, you are still a million miles behind them, you have made no inroads into their superiority over yourselves, they are still 1st and 2nd while you goons go through the motions of 3rd place, and in my opinion you were lucky to get 3rd because we had a few silly glitches during the season like wolves doing the double over us.

But your benchmark is what you do overall in opposition to chelsea and man utd and you still are no nearer beating them in the prem than you were 5 years back........if as burg says thats progression then so be it, i would say its standing still and spurs and man city progressed a lot more than you goons did last season.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:51

*Cough* I think it's burgs getting the flak Mark.

Have a rep point baz for not being able to read twice after my post about not being able to read why not sir

VisionarySound wrote:

Yet again Mark you move the goalposts to aide an argument. You are obviousley refering to my last post on this thread ! I stand by it as well. There are only 5 major trophies that can be won by English clubs, I do not include Charity sheild, Euro super cup or; is it the club world championship ? These are one-off games of the exhibition variety. The trophies are Premier League, FA Cup, Carling Cup, Chumps League & (these days it's called) Europa League. End of. To win one of these against other Premier teams, all clubs who enter the Cups & European opposistion IS an acheivement. You get nothing for coming 2nd. Unless it's Chumps League then you get it for 4th place, but no trophy to show ! I agree that your team had a better season than last by moving up a league place. As did we we by moving more than a few places upwards. But for awhile now your mob has flitted between top 4 league posistions without winning anything. Do you really feel happy with this ? Has your team moved forward in terms of achievment or has it just been the same ole same ole ? At Spurs we are happy with what our board and management has in place. We are happy with our 1st team squad & what we see happening in the background. We don't see the need for too much tinkering or change as we are confident that the way forwards is in place. The way forwards is upwards. Can you goners say the same ? Are you happy with the squad, management & board ? Truely are you happy with the situation at your club and are you confident that you will move forwards ? Across this board you see posters from Spurs who are happy with the sum of all the parts I have mentioned and the original theme of this thread was would a talent like Joe Cole add to our forwards motion or would he divide a settled, coherent squad ? It's a good time to be of the Nation Of Yid so join in and celebrate with us . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:52

BazSpur wrote:Erm, erm, I think it was Burger that was getting the flak Mark.

Point added in case you can't see it Baz

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 04:58

lewspurs wrote:

Bit of a silly post marky, WTF???? you havent progressed in the slightest in recent years, Where have I said that we have ?? in fact man city have progressed more than you have in finishing 5th in the premiership, you lot constantly aspire to higher things but you have made naff all progress against your main antagonists chelsea and man utd, you are still a million miles behind them, Jeez you must be out of sight behind us then... did anyone ever mention it was a FOUR horse race last season?? you have made no inroads into their superiority over yourselves, they are still 1st and 2nd while you goons go through the motions of 3rd place, and in my opinion you were lucky to get 3rd because we had a few silly glitches during the season like wolves doing the double over us.

But your benchmark is what you do overall in opposition to chelsea and man utd and you still are no nearer beating them in the prem than you were 5 years back........if as burg says thats progression then so be it, i would say its standing still and spurs and man city progressed a lot more than you goons did last season.

You can call it what you like Lew, we've had major changes in the last 5 years, not just the stadium, Bergkamp and Henry (two world class players) coming to the end of their Arsenal careers, and for us to maintain status against teams that can lose £100 million a year for 7 years running is beyond belief.
    Lets call it Station Keeping.
    Arsenal, still the cream.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:07

quote: djfitzo
    "So whats where you finished got to do with falling further behind Manure and Chelski..."

You can't be serious Dave? How can ANYONE fall further behind by being one place behind when they was more than one place behind before?

"are you happy with finishing 3/4th"

It's the next best thing in the Premiership?

"Dont you want to go back to winning the prem and silverware? "
    Yep. Watch this space... coming here soon, undiluted Arsenal celebrations.

"Cos if Wenger dont change his stance I cant see that you will compete at the very highest level."
    Perhaps you haven't been watching closely Dave... We have been!!!!!

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:09

Well I can't wait for you to answer my post Mark ! I've asked you to answer as to whether you think your team has progressed over the last few seasons ?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:10

Vizz escapes dissection due to the sensible inclusion of:

"I agree that your team had a better season than last by moving up a league place. As did we we by moving more than a few places upwards."

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:11

I answered it on Lew's answer Viz.

No, we haven't progressed, we are in Station Keeping.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:13

That's because we (and you too) will NEVER be able to compete with Chelski (Man C too) if they are allowed to continue to operate in a different financial set of circumstances to the rest of us.

Fancy playing Monopoly against someone who just dips into the bankers pot if they come a bit unstuck?
    Nah, didn't think so.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:25

Mark2spark wrote:I answered it on Lew's answer Viz.

I don't understand the term 'station keeping Mark. Could you elaborate . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:26

Mark2spark wrote:That's because we (and you too) will NEVER be able to compete with Chelski (Man C too) if they are allowed to continue to operate in a different financial set of circumstances to the rest of us.

Fancy playing Monopoly against someone who just dips into the bankers pot if they come a bit unstuck?
    Nah, didn't think so.

I thought your shiny new stadium was supposed to put you on a level financial footing Mark ?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:31

VisionarySound wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:I answered it on Lew's answer Viz.

I don't understand the term 'station keeping Mark. Could you elaborate . . . . .

Maintaining top four status.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:31

VisionarySound wrote:
    Mark2spark wrote:That's because we (and you too) will NEVER be able to compete with Chelski (Man C too) if they are allowed to continue to operate in a different financial set of circumstances to the rest of us.

Nah, didn't think so.

I thought your shiny new stadium was supposed to put you on a level financial footing Mark ?

Yep, it will do, over time.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:33

Sorry, just realised the implications of the last reply.

No, no new stadium for ANY team will allow them to lose £100 million a year. So that's us not level financially with chelski then.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:36

+
    ----
    -

<BLOCKQUOTE>VisionarySound wrote:
    <BLOCKQUOTE>Mark2spark wrote:That's because we (and you too) will NEVER be able to compete with Chelski (Man C too) if they are allowed to continue to operate in a different financial set of circumstances to the rest of us.

Nah, didn't think so.
    </BLOCKQUOTE>

</BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, it will do, over time.

Sorry, just realised the implications of the last reply.

No, no new stadium for ANY team will allow them to lose £100 million a year. So that's us not level financially with chelski then.

The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888 The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:39

Amazing isn't it? 871 views on this thread so far. Its the most views that any thread has had. Rep point for Lew for record breaking subject.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:42

The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 103888 lol I love this smiley. My Thanks to Mark for the link. Have a Rep p[oint Mark. Make the most of it though The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 Lol

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 05:53

OK serious now Mark. If/when the Platini rule of financail viability comes in the money side will be level. My question was, are you happy with what has been acheived at your club over the last few seasons ? You say you are, or that's the way I read your post. 3rd or 4th and a shot at the Chumps League. OK I can't disagree with that if it makes you happy but I do question what other competitions & silverware mean to you as a supporter ?Do you not care about the FA Cup or winning the Premier as long as you get 3rd/4th ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:28

PMSL. Nice one Vis.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:32

I'm sure I've answered this before Viz but for the avoidance of doubt, ... the lip service we pay to the domestic cups, certainly the FA one, is a serious error by the Arsenal *whoever is responsible for this* department, and IMO is deeply disrespectful.
    Ok I can accept that the CC has perhaps run it's course in the modern game where TV money for the bigger things more than compensates for the loss of gate money, which is the old way of thinking behind the CC. (Pack out the season with as many games as possible so that the max through the gate receipts are earned).
    However in previous seasons we have not been assured of top four and yet we still haven't given CC the respect it deserves with the Europa security. The 5 - 1 being a good example if I remember correctly.
    Continued challenges for the top spot whilst playing good entertaining football is the MUST, trophys are indeed nice but they're aren't enough to go round I'm actually pleased to say.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:33

BazSpur wrote:PMSL. Nice one Vis.

What's funny about that?

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:36

And I noticed that we posted about the same time earlier Viz, i couldn't type quick enough The truth about joe cole. - Page 6 Lol

Post by Guest Wed Jun 16 2010, 06:38

Very fair points & a good, truthfull post Mark. Repped. I do feel that the way your manager treats domestic cup competitions is disrespectful to your fans. But what the hell this has got to do with Joe Cole I just dunno lol . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20 2024, 03:01