The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
seebee1944
BazSpur
MarkA249
ArnieArdiles
cstmrsking
HotspurRoper
10 posters

Match Thread Vs Stoke City

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Stoke City

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 12 2011, 09:05

Have a little free tip Arnie
    No club you ever support will ever, ever win any trophies complaining or fretting over poor referring decisions, injuries to players, or key personnel being jailed

Get over it, get on
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 09:14

anicoll5 wrote:Have a little free tip Arnie
    No club you ever support will ever, ever win any trophies complaining or fretting over poor referring decisions, injuries to players, or key personnel being jailed

Get over it, get on

I'm not fretting about it, just commenting on what I saw..

For the players and Harry its different ....

As I said in an earlier post, the manager and players have got to put the game to bed and go on another winning streak starting next week by beating Sunderland ...

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 09:17

Get over it, get on

LOL the wise words of the "persecuted, nobody likes us" gooners.

Didn't get the decisions today. Way it goes. But as fans. of any team, we will always complain & bitch Nic when things don't go the way of OUR club. It's our birth right as supporters & something ALL fans are guilty of at some stage . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 09:32

VisionarySound wrote:

Get over it, get on

LOL the wise words of the "persecuted, nobody likes us" gooners.

Didn't get the decisions today. Way it goes. But as fans. of any team, we will always complain & bitch Nic when things don't go the way of OUR club. It's our birth right as supporters & something ALL fans are guilty of at some stage . . . .

Yep Vis ...Within a few hours of the game, I'm sure as fans of the team we're allowed to? lol

Foy and his Lino's will be squirming about now ...Match Of The Day Two just starting ...

FFs its gonna be all about the Goons birthday party lol ......

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 12 2011, 09:37

Never criticized a referee in 25 years - you have to larf

I'm off now but I anticipate a start around 10

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Dec 12 2011, 09:45

i felt some of our players today started complaining to the ref to much about decisions not going their way, which were not going to be altered. apart from the fact i hate seeing the petulance, we nearly got caught on the break by stoke who took advantage of it. i understand its frustrating but it does absolutely no good but to give the ref more reason to book a player later in the game for a possible innocuous challenge, a la kaboul. turn it in lads, some we will lose by bad decisions and some we will gain from.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 11:22

im sorry but kaboule derserved to go. what did he expect. he took the P*ss out the ref and first chance the ref had of gettin him sent of he did. how can we argue the second yellow he didnt need to slide in. stay on ur feet..

anyway back to harry.
    right if players are on the bench then i assume they are fit.

vdv came on last week and was awfull and today he starts and defoe is dropped.

surley if you wana play 451 then play sandro.
    then he leaves vdv on and takes off lennon.

then parkers on hes last legs and sandro still dont come on. ffs does harry wana injurie parker. and gio on 86mins is just stupid.

i thought bassong was a good sub by harry though.

bale is mr poser and wants to do all this flash stuff.
    modric amazin we have to keep him.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 11:23

oh and walker was utter dog poo and one time he got in the box all he had to do was cut it back and had tame shot

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12 2011, 11:32

Friedel - 7 needs to come out for crosses more

Walker - 5
    Kaboul - 6 silly bookin for talking back to the ref
    Gallas - 7 good game
    Ekotto - 5rightly subbed

Lennon - 6 should of stayed on
    Parker - 6not hes best but he did try
    Modric - 7 best player
    Bale - 5. i wish sometimes he would get taken off and not lennon
    vdv 4 should of come off.
    ade 7 poor first off but second he was good and workded hard

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Dec 12 2011, 17:46

FFs Lought are you r a goon and im not joking went to bed calmed down abit last night get up this morning and see u moaning about our players yes first half i called them but 2nd we battered them u slag off our players but nothing about the ref ill do Kaboul goggles side too u ARE YOU BLIND the ref cost us the game no doubt about it yes we played bobbins first halfbut inthe 2nd should have had 2 more pens they should of been down to 10 men Adebayor was onside if the ref had given a pen for shawcross man handling Kaboul then he would not of got sent off oh and iforgot Crouch handled tfor the first goal and for nic to say thats same as VDV against the goons two words and the second one is off swings and roundabouts my ass Cahll got sent off last week thats one good one i can name about 20 in one game against us yesterday
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 19:20

MarkA249 wrote:FFs Lought are you r a goon and im not joking went to bed calmed down abit last night get up this morning and see u moaning about our players yes first half i called them but 2nd we battered them u slag off our players but nothing about the ref ill do Kaboul goggles side too u ARE YOU BLIND the ref cost us the game no doubt about it yes we played bobbins first halfbut inthe 2nd should have had 2 more pens they should of been down to 10 men Adebayor was onside if the ref had given a pen for shawcross man handling Kaboul then he would not of got sent off oh and iforgot Crouch handled tfor the first goal and for nic to say thats same as VDV against the goons two words and the second one is off swings and roundabouts my ass Cahll got sent off last week thats one good one i can name about 20 in one game against us yesterday

You go Mark ....... you tell 'em Goons
    Smile
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 19:22

Loughtonlegend wrote:oh and walker was utter dog poo and one time he got in the box all he had to do was cut it back and had tame shot

Joke post , has to be ..... scratch
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 19:41

shearspur wrote:i felt some of our players today started complaining to the ref to much about decisions not going their way, which were not going to be altered. apart from the fact i hate seeing the petulance, we nearly got caught on the break by stoke who took advantage of it. i understand its frustrating but it does absolutely no good but to give the ref more reason to book a player later in the game for a possible innocuous challenge, a la kaboul. turn it in lads, some we will lose by bad decisions and some we will gain from.

I hear you Shear, but sometimes whilst you're playing the game and for example, its obvious its a corner for you , you pick the ball up to take the corner quickly because you want to get you team back in the game , only for the lino and ref to give a goal-kick ..... Players are human too ...

Many of the refs, like players have poor performances too, and I think this one by Foy , is up there with the worse I've seen this season and it got a little to our players ... The thing is, if our players showed no emotion, some would be here saying they didn't care..

Stoke committed eight fouls in a home game , their least ever in the premeirship this season and that's with Crouch in their team ...Crouch for us, was guaranteed to be pulled up at least five times in a game wearing our shirt...
    Crouch Huth , Shawcross, and Woodgate at right back in your team = eight fouls Rolling Eyes ....

Ultimately. I feel we lost the game because of our poor start but I do think if the referring were of a reasonable standard, then our undefeated 10 game run would've at least been preserved ...

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 12 2011, 20:08

Swings and roundabouts?

I was at the Bolton game and we battered Bolton up top the 18 minutes before Cahill got sent off and would have beaten them even if they 15 players on the pitch, VDV's goal against the goons, yes debatable, not clear cut. I can accept one error, maybe even two, but lets go through yesterdays game.

1. Crouch blatant handball for their first goal.
    2. Ekotto being brought down by Shawcross - penalty
    3. Kaboul being thrown to the floor - penalty
    4. Shawcross hands up in front of him and ball srikes his arm - would have been a soft penalty
    5. Gallas being pushed to floor, then Shawcross sticks out an elbow - clear penalty
    6. Ade yard onside - goal
    7. The one decision he did get right, Modric penalty, no Stoke player complained, what does that tell you.

One last point, you could not pay me enough money to have a seaon ticket at Stoke, I'd rather lose playing our way then watch long ball, long throw, time wasting tactics.

And as for Lought, I didnt post for 6 months and his still the worst supporter Spurs have.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 20:13

must be photo-shopped but maybe not Suspect

Look at the lino and how much he enjoyed disallowing Ade's equalizer
    lmao

Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 AgZrI3BCAAA-a5U
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 20:24

Some Stoke City fan comments

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=180630
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:29

Here's a good one from August last season

Tony Pulis giving Foy stick for not giving a goal against Spuds, a game you may recall you won 2-1;

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Pulis-slams-referee-Foy-late-decision/story-12553786-detail/story.html

What goes around, comes around boys to be sure
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:36

Even more funny is Arry and his "I never criticize referees" statement. My congratulations to someone at the DT who had this up within half an hour of Arry's TV appearance.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/8104314/Tottenhams-Harry-Redknapp-is-no-stranger-to-referee-rants.html

“I never criticise referees. I never go in there afterwards and say the referee cost us a game. They all moan about referees, these managers. I don’t ever do it," said the Tottenham manager after the Stoke game yesterday.
    Never say never?

"I just question the referee’s overall performance which I thought was inept. Every game I see this season has seven or eight bookings. I think it’s frightening."
    On Andy D’Urso’s performance at Wolves in February 2008

"I never walk in after games and complain about a referee but this guy is scary. He’s a poor referee and I’ve seen him make a mess of so many games. He’s really not good enough."
    On Steve Tanner’s display in a 2-0 defeat at West Brom in December 2008

"He’s got a hand on the ball – it was a terrible decision. It was a gift that United didn’t deserve and it put them back in the game. Without that bit of help from the ref, I don’t think United would have come back."
    On Howard Webb, for giving Manchester United a controversial penalty at Old Trafford in April 2009

"It’s a nailed-on penalty. If he felt Robbie dived, why didn’t he give him a yellow or a red card? The penalty decision and Ledley King going off injured, they were the turning points."
    On Webb again, for failing to give a penalty for a foul on Robbie Keane against Chelsea in September 2009

Yes Arry - about as likely as you pay your taxes lol!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:42

anicoll5 wrote:Here's a good one from August last season

Tony Pulis giving Foy stick for not giving a goal against Spuds, a game you may recall you won 2-1;

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Stoke-City-Pulis-slams-referee-Foy-late-decision/story-12553786-detail/story.html

Like i said Nic, one decision yes, several, dont make me laugh or are you saying Spurs should have 5 bad decisions given for every one they get?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 21:58

anicoll5 wrote:Here's a good one from August last season

We knew about last seasons controversy and that's why we weren't to happy about him being in charge of yesterdays game, well done the bigwigs at the FA. ...

Anyway, in last seasons game the ball didn't cross the line ...Show me your evidence that it did , clear evidence please, similar conclusive evidence as in this picture showing Adebayor's disallowed goal...

Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 Article-2072930-0F241F3A00000578-698_468x328
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:16

Lol - I'll show you proof of the ball going over the line a fifteen months ago if you show me proof Modric was touched yesterday for the penalty rather than flinging hinself over Whelan's leg ?

Fair ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:21

anicoll5 wrote:Lol - I'll show you proof of the ball going over the line a fifteen months ago if you show me proof Modric was touched yesterday for the penalty rather than flinging hinself over Whelan's leg ?

Fair ?

okay ... Smile

Match Thread Vs Stoke City - Page 3 KPDBI

As you can see , Wheelan clearly kicks out at Modric's shin.. Also, Wheelan or any other Stoke players for that matter, complained at the decision ....

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:22

The one decision as far as I am concerned that was wrong was the offside goal that Ade scored - and that was down to the linesman not the referee. You have every right to feel hard done by but I'm sure you will get over it, even Arry.

If a referee gave a penalty every time players wrestled in the box at corners there would be ten in most games.

As for the Crouch handball for the Stoke goal I thought ball to hand as it came at him from very close. As I have mentioned above you have had a bit of luck with handball decisions this season so this time the benefit of the doubt went the other way.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:24

thank you Arnie - Point proved as far as I can see - As I said, and as Peter Reid made the point yesterday, Whelan does not touch him.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 12 2011, 22:24

anicoll5 wrote:Lol - I'll show you proof of the ball going over the line a fifteen months ago if you show me proof Modric was touched yesterday for the penalty rather than flinging hinself over Whelan's leg ?

Fair ?

Once again your picking out isolated incidents Nic and like I said Whelan or the Stoke players didnt complain and Whelan kicked his ankle, so one poor decision for Spurs is met by several in one game against them?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 13:37