The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
title race EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
title race EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
title race EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
title race EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
title race EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
title race EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
title race EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
title race EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
title race EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

title race Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
anicoll5
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
djfitzo
8 posters

title race

djfitzo
    International
    International

title race Empty title race

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 15 2011, 01:37

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8955158/Premier-League-title-race-our-experts-see-Manchester-City-and-United-in-two-horse-race.html

Dont fancy us or Arsenal then!!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

title race Empty Re: title race

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 15 2011, 02:37

Wouldn't expect any different Dave. Arsenal aren't capable of winning the Prem at the moment and we all know the press hate us so we won't come into the reckoning. Just have to win it aanyway, that'll learn em lol.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 15 2011, 09:10

Wonder what the odds are for a north London title race after Easter? Nice . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Dec 23 2011, 04:54

The title is heading for Manchester guys , Citeh or United and no one else ....

I keep hearing that United fans wish they would be happy to trade their midfield for ours and yet in the space of a few days they go away to QPR and Fulham and win both games with ease 0-2 & 0-5 respectively...

Last night we had everyone's, 'old school football get in their faces favorites', Stoke City go away to Man City and not have one frigging shot on target at Hart's goal! Tony Pulis in his after match interview then near enough says "we cant come here and compete against these world class players"!

Sorry guys but I expect the gap between 2nd and 3rd to get bigger by the seasons end Crying or Very sad ...

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 23 2011, 05:03

I tipped Man U or City at the beginning of the season Arnie. I see no reason to change my mind. As long as we finish above the Arsenil though.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Dec 23 2011, 05:16

Yep Baz, with you on that but I cant stop dreaming Sleep of a long shot first title in 50 years just yet Smile

We got 70 points in finishing 4th a couple of seasons back so any improvement on that tally is okay with me ....
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Dec 28 2011, 04:12

Man City , Chavs, Liverpool and now Goons all dropping points ....

Please Spurs please , seize the moment!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 28 2011, 05:13

You know us lot though Arnie, we very rarely take our chances.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 05:29

3 points and some towards the goal difference is what we need this evening . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Dec 28 2011, 05:36

BazSpur wrote:You know us lot though Arnie, we very rarely take our chances.

title race Thumbnail

No no no ,,Baz ... I know what you mean but this is the new Tottenham Hotspur so stop being an Alan Hansen...........COYS!! Smile
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Dec 28 2011, 05:37

LOL Alan Hanson. Can't stand the cnut.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Dec 28 2011, 05:43

VisionarySound wrote:3 points and some towards the goal difference is what we need this evening . . . . .

I'd be happiest with a solid title chasing performance 0-1 away win....

Don't think I can handle the drama of a high scoring game tonight
    Cool ...
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 28 2011, 06:32

Two points dropped at the Emirates by the home side - 82 minutes of frustration lightened only by some lamentable whistling - I'm with McCarthy on the sending off - Wayne Hennesy's grasp a lot surer than ours

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28 2011, 09:22

that wernt a sending off. why does ur manager always make the same subs.

surley chamberling should of come on
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 28 2011, 09:35

Question is Lought why AFC play every week with one striker - irritated that I just heard Ateta "made a meal" of Miljas foul - if the dopey cnut Ekoku had bothered to watch he would have seen the Spaniard get up straight away - presumably if he broken his ankle we'd be hearing the "he's not that kind of player"
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Dec 28 2011, 10:18

anicoll5 wrote:Question is Lought why AFC play every week with one striker - irritated that I just heard Ateta "made a meal" of Miljas foul - if the dopey cnut Ekoku had bothered to watch he would have seen the Spaniard get up straight away - presumably if he broken his ankle we'd be hearing the "he's not that kind of player"
    . Do you think the refs will be their beady eyes peeled for van Persie and djourou going down in stages just like you said modric did?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Dec 28 2011, 23:17

Clearly not - if Attlwell had he would have pointed to the spot with the tap on RvP - certainly touched him - whether he should have gone down so easily I doubt - If he had tried to stay on his feet the he might have got a shot off or the daft b*stard might have given the penalty - but that is f*cking cheating for you innit - glad you are getting in the anti cheating programme Dave - you might even be bold enough to call your own players one day - hope for you yet

Attlwell also was blind to the Brera handball though so it probably fate

Dont worry - Warnock ranting last night ( bllox as far as I could see) ensures that anything dodgy on Saturday will come our way
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Dec 28 2011, 23:55

anicoll5 wrote:Clearly not - if Attlwell had he would have pointed to the spot with the tap on RvP - certainly touched him - whether he should have gone down so easily I doubt - If he had tried to stay on his feet the he might have got a shot off or the daft b*stard might have given the penalty - but that is f*cking cheating for you innit - glad you are getting in the anti cheating programme Dave - you might even be bold enough to call your own players one day - hope for you yet

Attlwell also was blind to the Brera handball though so it probably fate

Dont worry - Warnock ranting last night ( bllox as far as I could see) ensures that anything dodgy on Saturday will come our way

Not at all, i called the Modric same as you, got caught and then went down late, just like van Persil, as for Djourou, that was embarrassing, got you a free kick, that but for a great save would have got you a goal from cheating.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 29 2011, 00:01

Dont recall Djourou but as there as so much time wasting I had probably given up by that stage and gone for a pee
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 29 2011, 00:35

anicoll5 wrote:Dont recall Djourou but as there as so much time wasting I had probably given up by that stage and gone for a pee

Strange, did you also miss Songs kick out at TWO Wolves players? Funny how you can spot that Gallas could have walked for an innocous challenge, but also failed to miss Grant Holts forearm smash in Ekottos face, refs, eh Nic!!

One last thing, an official can draw to the attention of the ref that a Spurs player had made a glasses sign to get him booked,
    but standing directly in line at a free kick, cant see someone blatantly trip a Spurs player in the box.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 29 2011, 00:53

Innocouous ? The player was through the Spuds defence, on the edge of the box and Billy decided, apparently, to fall over in front of him. Admittedly compared to the Livermore wrestling the Paddy to the ground it was a mild infraction, but on another day .....

And for Song I reckon if he had seen red it would have been no more than he deserved for his petulant kick, what saved him from the wrath of Atlwell ( in my opinion) is that he had been on the end of the first foul in the sequence which ( stupidly) because he played advantage the referee had not blown up for

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 29 2011, 01:11

anicoll5 wrote:Innocouous ? The player was through the Spuds defence, on the edge of the box and Billy decided, apparently, to fall over in front of him. Admittedly compared to the Livermore wrestling the Paddy to the ground it was a mild infraction, but on another day .....

And for Song I reckon if he had seen red it would have been no more than he deserved for his petulant kick, what saved him from the wrath of Atlwell ( in my opinion) is that he had been on the end of the first foul in the sequence which ( stupidly) because he played advantage the referee had not blown up for

So dont wont to comment on the Grant Holt assault then?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 29 2011, 01:20

Actually Dave no - did not see it - only started watching game the game midway through the first half - was it very,very bad - did one of your players get a kick ? Tell me ALL about it

clown

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Dec 29 2011, 01:23

As for the Gallas trip from what I recall there were other players in the box and certainly other players between the lino and where Gallas and Morrison came together. Did he see it ? Obviously not.

Good to see Gallas was a bit brighter than Kaboul and just got up and got on with it - mocking the referee followed by his later tumble would have led to another red card

Did you see how lucky Bale was with the first goal Dave - keeper should have snagged that scuffed shot no bother ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Dec 29 2011, 02:46

Did you see how lucky Bale was with the first goal Dave - keeper should have snagged that scuffed shot no bother ?

Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda's don't win games.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 19:39