The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
pushing spurs forward  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
pushing spurs forward  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
pushing spurs forward  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
pushing spurs forward  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
pushing spurs forward  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
pushing spurs forward  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
pushing spurs forward  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
pushing spurs forward  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
pushing spurs forward  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

pushing spurs forward  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+12
ArnieArdiles
anicoll5
djfitzo
ionman34
seebee1944
Boltjean
totalytot
BazSpur
vis
LOBO
peader50
nhg72
16 posters

pushing spurs forward

nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

pushing spurs forward  Empty pushing spurs forward

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 06:29

how do we move forward with the chance that modric and bale will go .when you read other forums about transfer rumours and that the above will go .i admire mr levy about the way he can dig his heels in and hold firm .would be nice to seal the deal with ajax and get a centre half who can play alongside kaboul .love to see a new keeper someone like a younger brad someone who can command the defensive line .hop ades move can become more permanent .who knows who knows .
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

pushing spurs forward  Empty Re: pushing spurs forward

Post by peader50 Tue May 22 2012, 06:57

you just hit the nail on the head levy does dig his heels in eg modric but he also does this when having to pay out for a decent player and we end up losing them cahill to name one so in my opinion we need to do business early before other teams start sniffing around the players we are after
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 07:12

i hope we are in a position to shut the crtics up and we can prove that we are a great club and that we can compete with the megga rich clubs . if we get a couple of decent players ie keeper and we get the ajax rock at the back others will follow im sure one more season in europa will not do any of the younger players any harm , be a good way to gve them some hunger for top flight come you spurs .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 07:30

many a pundit have openly said that spurs are the team they all like to watch . i hope that will continue for many years to come .would be nice for the same critics to say spurs 20.. pl champs .what do you think ?

Post by Guest Tue May 22 2012, 07:47

we dont need to make to many tranfers
    we got dawson hudd plus caulker all to come in

they daws hudd will be like 2 new players

if we going to sell anyone we should do it early

nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 07:55

i agree with you dawson is so underated like his bull dog spirit and the way he plays with a smile .have missed him at the back .we need to get some deals done asap before we miss out like we always do .arry hotspurs already has a few marked , hope mr levy can get our players we need to be at the top of our game .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 08:11

have been talking to my cousin hugo lloris keeps coming up on various forums .how good is the keeper ? be good to get something in concrete to cement these rumours maybe all the cynics about us and no one wanting to join spurs is total dribble .love my team even my daughter who is 4 loves the spurs .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue May 22 2012, 08:34

nhg72 wrote:how do we move forward with the chance that modric and bale will go .when you read other forums about transfer rumours and that the above will go .i admire mr levy about the way he can dig his heels in and hold firm .would be nice to seal the deal with ajax and get a centre half who can play alongside kaboul .love to see a new keeper someone like a younger brad someone who can command the defensive line .hop ades move can become more permanent .who knows who knows .

Im very keen to keep Ade ,the season before last he was like a footballing orphan , playing for Real and injury , then he came to spurs , unfit and lacking match fitness , but as the season went on he got better and better, his touch and vision was 1st class , he is more than a striker in my opinion , and I believe next season we will see the best of him and he will be in his prime , and what I read today about him wanting to stay just makes me love the bloke even more .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue May 22 2012, 08:36

Cover at the back, mainly centre-half. And a settled front line that knows how to score and be rotated. Young cover for Friedel. Not much in truth . . . . . . . . .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 08:57

love ade great player love the way he can turn nothing into something .watched some of the best football with ade and rafa .we have a good number of young players also coming through .we need the new stadium and we need to keep the pressure on with the megga rich clubs .it will only be a matter of time before someone comes in with a megga deal for the spurs .due to the fact we have done ok with limited funds .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue May 22 2012, 09:01

We need an FA Cup or Europa Cup next season. A "major" trophy and a good league posistion to give the squad believe that they can acheive for OUR Spurs. A winning mentality can be the start of great things to come . . . . . .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 09:12

if we get a couple of good players we will have a good run in the europa .keep parker fit and he can keep things ticking over .like i said this evening if bale and modric want out let them go .we can then get players who want to join and also feel pride in playing for a team that are slowly on the up .all the doubters will soon be eating there own words .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue May 22 2012, 09:34

the spurs faithful have stood firm and vigilant for a few seasons .now the time is for spurs to move forward and play there game .the problem is that some players think that they are worth 120 plus a week wages .look what happened to bridge , cole , johnson wright phillips when bait was waved in front of them it could have had an adverse efect on there young carears . even torres is not the same or berbatov .it all comes to greed .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue May 22 2012, 17:45

I think we will lose Modric and i read this morning he will go to france and may be used as a bargaining chip to get the players we want i.e remy , I don't know about you lot but the fella modric is making all the wrong noises again, diarra is linked again

Post by Guest Wed May 23 2012, 01:37

dont sell to our rivals unless its on our terms

modric for mata and torres
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Wed May 23 2012, 05:21

modric going to france for remy ? sounds ok but would fancy diarra as arry has worked with him .sounds like could be a good combo sandro ,parker diarra , lennon on fire . good to get big tom back love him as a player after all this time out he will have fire in his belly
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Wed May 23 2012, 05:34

over the last few months we have been linked with quite a few players who are meant to be class .milos krasic seems a good option he has said openly that he regrets not coming to the lane .maybe things will come to fruition .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Wed May 23 2012, 06:42

loic remmy exceptional player but we have seen it many times before , classy players coming to the prem and not being able to cut it due to the physical demand of the game .to succeed in the prem you need more than just skill you need to mix it with the best .on the way home i had talk sport on and they were having a dig at arry hotspur about our defeat at villa and the dip in form we had .come on get off his back and respect the man for taking us from zero to almost heroes . i love my club always have so come on give the man a break everyone knows that the prem is the cream and envy of the world .lets see people back arry and give the man a breather .i do believe our time will come and when our time comes it will come with thunder come on you spurs faithfull .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Wed May 23 2012, 06:52

i often sit here and discuss the beautiful game with my son he is a chelsea fan , son knows nothing about football lol.the time we have on our hands is the best time to sort out the transfers we need to bolster the team . get the new players to gel with the team give the players a chance to settle before the big push .would like to hear from the fans who they want to see at the lane this year to add strength
    to the squad any ideas on maybe a keeper and a striker ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 23 2012, 08:19

The problem is though nhg Arry is and has been his own worst enemy. Do you not think his tactical nous leaves a lot to be desired. Can you understand why he took off VDV and put on SP. The game was winnable and I think many Spurs supporters on here and on the social networking sites thought it should have been Defoe that came on. Arry must have known a draw would not guarentee us CL whereas a win would. We should have gone for the win We might as well have done because if we had lost we would have been no worse off than we are now. That was a bad mistake by Arry. The other area Arry does his self no favours with, is when he gets in front of a microphone. Even his staunchest supporters hate that part of him.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed May 23 2012, 21:50

BazSpur wrote:The problem is though nhg Arry is and has been his own worst enemy. Do you not think his tactical nous leaves a lot to be desired. Can you understand why he took off VDV and put on SP. The game was winnable and I think many Spurs supporters on here and on the social networking sites thought it should have been Defoe that came on. Arry must have known a draw would not guarentee us CL whereas a win would. We should have gone for the win We might as well have done because if we had lost we would have been no worse off than we are now. That was a bad mistake by Arry. The other area Arry does his self no favours with, is when he gets in front of a microphone. Even his staunchest supporters hate that part of him.

I totally agree Baz. Harry did a great job in taking us from the bottom to the CL but I think most fans now agree that he has gone as far as his ability can take us.
    He certainly blew our chances of 3rd or better this year with some very poor performances from the team who in the end looked like a load of misfits and lacking confidence.
    The players have a lot to answer for I know but they certainly lacked leadershipin the last 3rd of the season and if he stays then I can only see more of the same next season.

I don't see Levy getting rid of but he has only a year left on his contract and I think he will let him go then.

Mikey M
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed May 23 2012, 22:30

Not been on forum for a while and have not seen or read any post from nhg 72 or peader 50 but have to say they are very good post, it is so nice to see fresh views. Well, nhg, you said that the Spurs fans have stood firm and vigilant, I have waited since 1961 to see us finish top of the table again, and I am getting as you can imagine, a bit impatient. Fifty years, I don't think I will ever see it especially if we sell our top players, Bale and Modric. I do not think we will get anywhere by letting quality players leave in the hope that we get players in of the same quality, it does not always work out that way. We let Berbatov go when Levy should have made him stay, and in my eyes he has not been replaced. I mean who have we had since, Crouch, Pav, Defoe?, not in the same class as Berbatov imo, so I do not want the same situation with Bale and Modric. We should keep them and build the team round them.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 23 2012, 23:06

Repped Len and Mikey.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed May 23 2012, 23:42

Yes Harry did do a great job in getting us Champions league but why does he have to mention it at every opportunity. What I want to hear is how he intends getting us there again and challenging for the Premiership. Never seems to mention that in any specific way, does that mean he thinks he has taken us as far as he can I wonder.
    peader50
    peader50
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by peader50 Thu May 24 2012, 03:38

LOL U ARE RIGHT SEEBEE HE REALLY DOES KEEP REMINDING US ALL HOW WELL HES DONE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 19:36