The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What most of you blokes wanted ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What most of you blokes wanted ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
MarkA249
shearspur
totalytot
Boltjean
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
LOBO
anicoll5
12 posters

What most of you blokes wanted !

What most of you blokes wanted ! Empty What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 02:02

Harry out, and now reaping the rewards of what you mostly wanted is hitting home.
    To want the break up of continuity, and of a successful time of a manager of the team we support, can now be looked back on as foolhardy.
    Yes redknapp made his mistakes, he was deflected from his job at tottenham by the call of england, (that was his ambition) who can blame a man for ambition ? he did pick the team up to finish 4th, and then we all know the rest......! who can odds such a thing happening, even you blokes on here that like a gamble couldnt see chelsea flukeing it. lol.
    What i read on here about what harry says and what he shouldnt say ! really weird? surely results on the field is what is more important, 4th, 5th, 4th, i dont think avb will match results, but of course as a spurs fan i hope he does.
    Well as you will have gathered, i have no faith in avb whatsoever, mainly because levy isnt giving him the players he wants, moutinho should have been made a priority after modric was sold, but of course levy left it all too late to complete the complicated signing.

Good luck guys and dont look back in anger, you wont see 4th this season.
    You dont know what you got until you lose it. lol!

What most of you blokes wanted ! Empty Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 02:11

omg you do relise we lost at home to norwice last season.
    get behind the manager. hes done more then harry has ever dream of doing as a maanger
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:06

Loughtonlegend wrote:omg you do relise we lost at home to norwice last season.
    get behind the manager. hes done more then harry has ever dream of doing as a maanger

Three PL matches in AVB is not even matching Ramos in his final season at the Lane Lought.

No doubt Levy will be thinking about "getting behind" his new manager over the next few weeks
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:10

3 games in , give the bloke a chance, he got a new team almost , and this is going to be a transitional season, don't expect miracles just yet , forget top 4 , get behind the man.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:11

Like the way you got behind harry lought, you were the worse ! lol.
    Just dont let me read you wanting boas out when we sit in the bottom half of the prem.
    Boas is sh*t lought, chelsea knew that and off loaded, but levy needs to be taught a lesson.
    What makes him a cnut is the fact that he goes back on agreed deals, read what other chairmen say about the bald headed cnut, he is an absolute disgrace to tottenham.
    Best thing that happened to levy and tottenham was harry, because he had all those years behind him, at the first excuse cnut face got rid of him.

You and loads on here wanted him gone, you got your wish, now reap the rewards.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:13

LOBO wrote:3 games in , give the bloke a chance, he got a new team almost , and this is going to be a transitional season, don't expect miracles just yet , forget top 4 , get behind the man.

Sounds good lob, lets go backwards ! yeah !

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:25

anicoll5 wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:omg you do relise we lost at home to norwice last season.

Three PL matches in AVB is not even matching Ramos in his final season at the Lane Lought.

No doubt Levy will be thinking about "getting behind" his new manager over the next few weeks

lol! How did i know this was going to happen ?
    Fcking new team and give it time, the team was there already, how could boas improve it? by disbanding what was 4th best in the prem ? yeah right ! given the clubs wage structure how could it improve ?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:33

harry your love for harry yet nobody wants him
    avb still trying to get rid of the deadwood harry left behind.

we lost at home to norwich last season.
    as for chelsea he tried to change the way they play and get rid of the old players.

its not avb fault that chelsea have had loads of luck,
    they finnaly got what they derserved last night. they got smashed 4 1 with a strong team out. they should of lost in the champions league final.

at the end of the day your lover harry didnt want spurs. he didnt give a f*ck about us because he wanted the england job and he supports the goons
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:43

You couldn't make this up PMSL. 3 games in is not enough time to make a judgement on a new manager and what is basically a new team. if after ten games we are in the same position then I will start to get worried. We lost our first two games at the start of last season. Have a word with yourself Lew.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:48

"he didnt give a f*ck about us because he wanted the england job and he supports the goons"

And he still got you 4th, 5th and 4th - most successful spuds manager for 20 years

And if it is not AVB's fault Chelsea had "loads of luck" then presumably it cant be Arry's either ?

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 03:54

but harry had been with us for over 3 years yet still lost our first 3 games last season

avb will be ok but needs to get hes own players in wich hes doing.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:08

BazSpur wrote:You couldn't make this up PMSL. 3 games in is not enough time to make a judgement on a new manager and what is basically a new team. if after ten games we are in the same position then I will start to get worried. We lost our first two games at the start of last season. Have a word with yourself Lew.

Had thst word with myself baz, was it the 2 mancs we lost to, and did they come 1st and 2nd in the end ?
    Where do wba and norwich come into the final reckoning?
    Well get worried baz, because, you are 3 games into 10, a potential 6 poimts turned into 2 at home against survival teams.
    Its not avb,s fault, its that w*nker levy, what a f*cking bald headed thick idiot.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:harry your love for harry yet nobody wants him
    avb still trying to get rid of the deadwood harry left behind.

we lost at home to norwich last season.
    as for chelsea he tried to change the way they play and get rid of the old players.

its not avb fault that chelsea have had loads of luck,
    they finnaly got what they derserved last night. they got smashed 4 1 with a strong team out. they should of lost in the champions league final.

at the end of the day your lover harry didnt want spurs. he didnt give a f*ck about us because he wanted the england job and he supports the goons

HA HA HA HA ! lought, thats why his record at spurs against the goons was so good, have a look at your stats mate, and thats all because he supported the goons. lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:15

lol! How did i know this was going to happen ?
    Fcking new team and give it time, the team was there already, how could boas improve it? by disbanding what was 4th best in the prem ? yeah right ! given the clubs wage structure how could it improve ?

[/quote]

The team was there already?

I'm sorry but the 4th best team has not been disbanded by AVB.

1) AVB did not force Ledley King's retirement.

2) Modric wanted to leave us for the past year and more and when Madrid wanted him the player went on strike to force the move.

3) VDV wanted to move back to Germany and Hamburg , his old club, as his wife works for a German TV company in yes you've guessed it , Hamburg!

The team that you describe as already there, is gone and even if Harry had remained as our manager would've been gone.

You can argue that Harry would've been better than AVB in that the team were in a transitional stage, but not by throwing in that the 4th best team has been disbanded by the current manager's choosing. Im sure AVB would've liked to have kept both Modric and VDV and he said so on more than one occasion .

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:21

lew but we only 1 won game aganst the top teams the goons at hom
    lost to man u and man c didnt beat chelsea so all avb has to do is win 2 games aganst tht top teams then its all changed round again

i got feeling we will beat man u away
    duno why just have

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:29

ArnieArdiles wrote:lol! How did i know this was going to happen ?

2) Modric wanted to leave us for the past year and more and when Madrid wanted him the player went on strike to force the move.

3) VDV wanted to move back to Germany and Hamburg , his old club, as his wife works for a German TV company in yes you've guessed it , Hamburg!

The team that you describe as already there, is gone and even if Harry had remained as our manager would've been gone.

You can argue that Harry would've been better than AVB in that the team were in a transitional stage, but not by throwing in that the 4th best team has been disbanded by the current manager's choosing. Im sure AVB would've liked to have kept both Modric and VDV and he said so on more than one occasion .

[/quote]

You are missing the point arnie, i asked how could you improve on a team that finished 4th in the prem ? by disbanding it and starting again ? why bother ?
    but lets answer your questions one by one.

1) modric was going and we all know that, avb wanted moutinho and as usual levy flaps at a high price signing.
    2)ledley was crap last year...it was comimg, but caulker proved a good replacement, just a sub today.?
    3) vdv went because he wasnt wanted....simple as.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew but we only 1 won game aganst the top teams the goons at hom
    lost to man u and man c didnt beat chelsea so all avb has to do is win 2 games aganst tht top teams then its all changed round again

i got feeling we will beat man u away
    duno why just have

Well hope it happens lought, but why do i feel a ramos moment in the history of spurs coming on ?
    Must admit, i now feel like len in his support of jol, i feel the same for harry, best thing that happened to spurs and the records show that already.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:36

so would u of dropped galas or jan for caulker

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:so would u of dropped galas or jan for caulker

Not relevant really lought, only that i would have kept harry as manager.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Sep 02 2012, 04:51

Mr Plums. wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:lol! How did i know this was going to happen ?

You are missing the point arnie, i asked how could you improve on a team that finished 4th in the prem ? by disbanding it and starting again ? why bother ?
    but lets answer your questions one by one.

1) modric was going and we all know that, avb wanted moutinho and as usual levy flaps at a high price signing.
    2)ledley was crap last year...it was comimg, but caulker proved a good replacement, just a sub today.?
    3) vdv went because he wasnt wanted....simple as.[/quote]

I agree Levy let AVB down by not replacing Modric with Moutinho or similar. We had a player in Modric that knitted things from defence to attack and the Porto player would've been just as near to a perfect replacement we could've got. The trouble is when you buy a player for 22 million you have to match the fee in wages and Levy ain't having that.

There are other players out there that do a similar role to Modric, okay perhaps not as good but you catch my drift, such as Swansea's Leon Britton or the Bosnian Pjanic at Roma. Theres also plenty of other players in La Liga not as good as Modric but of the same ilk . At the moment we dont seem to have one of those players. Maybe when Parker is back AVB will slot Dembele next to him , we'll see.

Ledley was crap towards the end of the season because Harry and Levy pushed him to prove his fitness for a new contract i.e I think he had to play more than 20 games?
    Ledders dip in form coincided with the team's overall dip in form around February.

Disagree about VDV not being wanted, from what I've read he wanted to go to Hamburg.

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 05:02

Well arnie, what can i say ?

I take it you are saying all is ok then ? lol!

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:21

This is all so sad, three games into the season and already AVB is being crucified. There are many people outside this club that want him to fail, especially those that belong to the Harry Redknapp fan club, and I bet Harry himself is having a good old laugh at the start to our season. AVB is our eleventh manager in the last twenty years and already supporters are getting on his back, I just do not know what they expect, us to be up there with City, United and Chelsea who all have settled squads?, it is going to take time and AVB deserves time to proove to the supporters and those that doubt his ability to bring the glory days back to Tottenham that he can deliver, and there is nothing I would love more than to see him succeed.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:52

It's odd though - you get managers who produce decent results Jol and his 5ths, Arry and his 4/5/4th

And just a hint that the platform
    could be in place for better things ......

And then the bloke in charge sacks em

Odd that
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:55

I'm one of those that wanted Harry out because he did not have the ability to take us further you could see that the way he lost us 3rd and 13 points to Arsenal in the last 4 weeks.

But I also did not want AVB because WHY would any club with ambition take on a manager that had failed miserable at Chelsea. And don't say that the senior players wanted him out because if the guy had any balls he would have fronted them and sorted it.

AVB is totaly overated and I believe he will lose the dressing room and the respect of the players over the next 6 games or so.

I agree with Lew that it's really down to Levy and his russian roulete style of going about the transfer market.
    He does it every time and thinks he is the master in the transfer window with his last minute deals that never happen because he wont pay the money.

We have raked in over £60 mil in tansfers in this window and could have got the players we wanted with ease but he wanted to be clever and f*cked up again.

Why pay £16 mil for a keeper but only offer £11.8 mil for Willem. With Brad in his 42 second year we needed a keeper at some time but it wasn't a priority. The prioriy was a top striker....as todays game once again proved.... but we f*cked up again as we have for a striker in 3 windows now.

As I said earlier I don't rate AVB but if he doesn't get the elbow by the end of the season he will probably walk as he will feel he doesn't have the backing of his chairman.

The first 6 games was one of the best starts we could have wanted to a season for sometime until we got to Utd. but I can't see where the goals are coming from and I can't see what AVB's great plan is.

I think Dempsey will be useful without being a world beater and I don't know what we needed Dembele for.

We should have gone all out for Moutinio and if he didn't want a buy out clause put in...which was the main thing that stopped it going through....then it should have been taken out. We also should have offered an acceptable figure for Willem and Diamio(?), then we could have said our chairman has ambition and is not just a banker.

I hope AVB gets us through this and starts moving up the league but I think it is middle table at best.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Sep 02 2012, 08:09

omg calm down. avb been here 5 mins people are going so over the top

our run in last season was easy on paper yet we hardly won a game under harry with vdv modric.

we have 2 week break now where the new players can train togeather.

the reason mountino didnt come is because he wanted high wages.

we got france keeper in. we couldnt wait much longer or someone else would of got him.

why do we need another striker. avb plays 1 up front
    do we need 2 strikers on the bench.

i rekon we will get that big player we want in jan. either mountino or damieo.

we lost our first 3 games last season.
    if the goons lose 2mz they willbe on same points.

get behind the team

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 13:21