The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
MarkA249
shearspur
totalytot
Boltjean
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
LOBO
anicoll5
12 posters

What most of you blokes wanted !

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 Empty Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:43

Get over yourself Lew ...of course I'm kiddin lol
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

What most of you blokes wanted ! - Page 6 Empty Re: What most of you blokes wanted !

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:44

Interesting move of the thread Lew

A conversation about AVB moved out of the Spurs Chat pdq - no banter

It's a sign

Kabooooooom

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:52

Yeah nic, past spurs manager, and present spurs manager discussed, and its all about spurs really, levy even.

If they had any brains it would be put immediately back on main chat, but we do live in hope sometimes.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:52

ArnieArdiles wrote:Post #120 was posted without seeing your post #118 Baz .. Wow , spooky or what affraid

Haha must be the trolls Arnie.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:54

Can you still post Lew?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:55

This thread is getting a little insulting again. Anymore and I will lock it.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:57

BazSpur wrote:Can you still post Lew?

Yeah why baz ?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:58

BazSpur wrote:This thread is getting a little insulting again. Anymore and I will lock it.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 07:58

You banned me again ? lol!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:02

We've all had our say many points have been overlooked due to denial and cos it suits. I say again, the relationship between Harry and the Spurs board broke down due to differing opinions.. Harry wanted to parade a 36 year old Beckham in a Spurs shirt.....Along with Distin, David James, Gareth Barry, Phil Neville, Patrick Viera and Ryan Nielsen

During that window we signed Vertonghen, Sig, Ade, Lloris, Dembele, Dempsey and renewed contracts for Walker, Lennon, Bale and Defoe. Not bad business considering no CL.

At Spurs Harry Redknapp was one of the highest paid football managers in the world (10th) . He wanted a new improved contract with a pay rise . He went on tv (arranged it with his buddies at Sky Sports) and said "he cant go into the season with one year remaining on his contract , give me a new contract or pay me off the remaining year as players don't respond to a manager who they know will not be there to long"

So an improved contract , one to bring him up to the highest paid managers in world football , for what ?
    Two succesive end of season collapses that have cost the club millions .

For the great FA Cup run last season beating Cheltenam , Stevengae, but ended unluckily to the first decent team we came up against , 5-1 was it ?

For the League Cup run then ?

Howabout the Europa League run ?

Harry was given a great up and coming squad and he managed it well to produce league results but he neglected the cups .
    The players that got games loved playing for him but these players were also the best he had ever managed.

Harry was fortunate to be given the Spurs job by Levy at the time, which triplled his wages from where he were a fast sinking ship named Pompey!. In return, Levy got arrogance and an ego out of control all due I feel, to an easy ride from his media chums .

AVB is in charge now and after a poor start the boo boys and those still pining for Harry are doing what I expected .
    Carry on, I'm not here to gag opinions never have done but I do find it all very predictable and all of us are just going round and round in circles .

If you want , start a Levy thread and tell us why he should be removed , Enic to sell up if you're so unhappy.

Three games in and we get all this , you couldn't wait could you
    finger3

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:06

Harry out, and now reaping the rewards of what you mostly wanted is hitting home.
    To
    want the break up of continuity, and of a successful time of a manager
    of the team we support, can now be looked back on as foolhardy.
    Yes
    redknapp made his mistakes, he was deflected from his job at tottenham
    by the call of england, (that was his ambition) who can blame a man for
    ambition ? he did pick the team up to finish 4th, and then we all
    know the rest......! who can odds such a thing happening, even you
    blokes on here that like a gamble couldnt see chelsea flukeing it. lol.
    What
    i read on here about what harry says and what he shouldnt say !
    really weird? surely results on the field is what is more important,
    4th, 5th, 4th, i dont think avb will match results, but of course
    as a spurs fan i hope he does.
    Well as you will have gathered, i
    have no faith in avb whatsoever, mainly because levy isnt giving him
    the players he wants, moutinho should have been made a priority after
    modric was sold, but of course levy left it all too late to complete
    the complicated signing.

Good luck guys and dont look back in anger, you wont see 4th this season.
    You dont know what you got until you lose i

First word was harry, he was then mentioned 2 more times before AVB was mentioned. It was a post mainly about Arry. Seems there is some stirring being done on here. I'm not having it. It's simple. Rightly or wrongly the Mods take the decisions. We don't always get it right because like everyone else we aren't infallible. It's like that on all forums. Don't like it then you will either have to accept or you can do the other thing. As I have said many times, I don't make anyone stay. That's all.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:07

Now its going to be locked and the voice of reason ends the converse.
    Bit like spurs really, sack a bloke who was only ever did good for the club , and start a thread that pulls in the views, move it and lock it......wow.

Gosh and golly !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:09

Mr Plums. wrote:

Yeah why baz ?

So moving the thread didn't stop you posting.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:10

I were kiddin Baz ....I had no problems with the thread in Spurs Chat or with Lew & Nic..

Oh well, I suppose it will be bumped after every reverse we have during the season so it wont be to far away.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:11

Gentlemen I believed I asked YOU ALL to keep personal insults out of this thread? This is developing nicely into the old skool/new skool way of viewing Spurs. I respect and take on board the pro-Redknapp stance. I'm not sure I've seen anti-Redknapp venom as such. Just posters like my-self putting their reasons across why they are understanding of Levy's decision to remove him. Keep it real guys and away from sniping and we must just see a way into the heart of OUR CLUB . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:12

BazSpur wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

Yeah why baz ?

So moving the thread didn't stop you posting.

Was that the whole idea baz ?

is it only your opinions that count then?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:14

Have you put your opinions across Lew?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:14

The slight difficulty Arnie is - yet again - daring Daniel has sacked another manager who has performed well 4th/5th/4th - slightly up on Jol - and replaced him with a bloke with very little persuasive evidence that you will get back to that level this season, or any time soon

What is the PLAN Arnie

Twelve years on you have a new Sainsburys

You p*ssed £20 million on Stratford

Where is the new ground ?

Just a thought
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:15

Boltjean wrote:God, I can not believe what is going on here, I feel so sorry for AVB. I believe that this witch hunt has started for two reasons, and I do not think it is anything to do with our poor start, how many Spurs managers in the history of this club had a bad start to the season?, and when they did we did not boo them or get on there back, we got behind him and the players. My first reason I believe this witch hunt has started is because Harry has so many friends in the media who are not happy that he failed to get the England job followed up by his sacking from Spurs. Today we have Shearer adding fuel to the fire. My second reason is because of what happend at Chelsea. Had AVB come to us via Porto I do not believe the supporters would be getting on his back after three games. I have not seen much in the papers about how Rodgers was a bad appointment by Liverpool, all the media attention is aimed at Spurs, AVB,Levy and Harry, only one reson for this in my oppinion, disrupt our season, just like they did when they put Harry in the front of the queue for the England job, it worked then, dropped 13 points, and it will work again if we do not pull together and get behind AVB. And Lew, if I remember right you was one of those that took the micky out of me when I stuck up for Jol after he got the sack, not nice mate is it. I think you also said that Jol has gone Len and that I should get over it, now you know how I felt, and he was replaced by Ramos, now that was a disaster, but I did get over it, you must do the same with Harry.

Len the problem lays with so many Meeja chums of Redknapp having egg on their faces after "bigging" him up for Ing-Ger-Land then seeing all their well laid plans disapear in a puff of West Brom smoke . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:18

anicoll5 wrote:The slight difficulty Arnie is - yet again - daring Daniel has sacked another manager who has performed well 4th/5th/4th - slightly up on Jol - and replaced him with a bloke with very little persuasive evidence that you will get back to that level this season, or any time soon

What is the PLAN Arnie

Just a thought

Nic if you wish to discuss NPD may I suggest you start a thread about it? This is about Spurs managers Past & present and goners trying to deflect way from that is kinda unnecessary.
    Thanx . . . .

flowers . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:19

anicoll5 wrote:The slight difficulty Arnie is - yet again - daring Daniel has sacked another manager who has performed well 4th/5th/4th - slightly up on Jol - and replaced him with a bloke with very little persuasive evidence that you will get back to that level this season, or any time soon

What is the PLAN Arnie

Just a thought

What post are you replying to with the above ?

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:20

yes nic but not now. the england job is not as big as it was back then.

Yeah Lought - that idiot Arry actually thought that managing his country would be a greater honour and responsibility than managing Spuds

What a cnut

wft nic. would mr wenger take the france job if offerd over arsenal. im sure hes been touted before when he was a good manager. yet he perfer club football

the best managers dont give a toss about national jobs
    fergie the specal to name a few
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:23

The strange thing is Vis is that before Arry came to
    The Lane he barely ever said a word to the meeja, almost deaf and dumb
    His first three and a half years he was Spuds manager utterly silent, interviewers could barely get a word out of him

Well other than the occasional "my Sandra could have scored that"

But you lurveed him, you forgave him, you strained to hear him speak through the car window

Until he was sacked

The meeja whore
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:27

Panorama Nic ??????
    Look it up on you tube.
    And also look Redknapp up on you tube pre-Spurs/in situ yet strangely quiet post-Spurs . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Sep 04 2012, 08:28

This thread belongs back in the Spurs Chat section. Just my opinion . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 10:15