The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Bale EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Bale EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Bale EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Bale EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Bale EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Bale EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Bale EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Bale Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
BazSpur
Boltjean
ionman34
seebee1944
shearspur
djfitzo
vis
11 posters

Bale

vis
    vis

Bale Empty Bale

Post by vis Wed May 22 2013, 08:36

Has had a brilliant season. At times has won us games that seemed unwinnable. A fantastic talent, but is it time to mention the unmentionable?
    If a team were to come in and offer £60/70M would you accept it if the money was to go to AVB to strengthen the squad in his image? Forget Levy putting it into the new stadium pot this would go into AVB's transfer kitty, along with the already agreed amount Levy must have promised him and the sale of other players. A one off cash-in on a valuable asset to try and help secure future dividends or short sighted greed? If you were in charge what would you do? Secure his future at all costs, possibly at the detriment of buying new players as his wages would eat up a chunk of transfer money and other players fragile egos may be dented or think Hmmm this could secure me a few good players and a couple of very promising youngsters to try and replace him? It's a helluva decision but if Bales "advisors" start trying to force certain issues then it's one that will have to be made . . . .

Bale Empty Re: Bale

Post by Guest Wed May 22 2013, 09:44

hmm. as well as bale has done this season its come at a cost. our players now rely to much on him.

we hardly get players in the box. all our players shoot on sight.

if someone offferd us 60 mill then i would take it.
    but not to another prem team unless its on our terms..

but hes only 23 so he can only get better so anything less then i keep him but he needs help out there.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed May 22 2013, 16:54

Loughtonguy wrote:hmm. as well as bale has done this season its come at a cost. our players now rely to much on him.

we hardly get players in the box. all our players shoot on sight.

if someone offferd us 60 mill then i would take it.
    but not to another prem team unless its on our terms..

but hes only 23 so he can only get better so anything less then i keep him but he needs help out there.

Funny enough Lought, I agree, whilst he has had a great season, we have very good players at free kicks in Sig and Walker, why does he have to take every one? Like you say because when he gets half a chance he will shoot and it seems to be rubbing off on the others. But after seeing AVB at work I'm sure videos will be watched and Bale will become a complete player, cos he has it in his locker, the ball with outside of his foot fir Dempsey to get the equaliser against Citeh was sublime.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed May 22 2013, 20:32

not for me . keep him at all cost and build around him with whatever funds we have available and im sure theres some.. if we sell him now and say get in a couple of good players the same will happen to them in a couple of years if their any good. im sick and tired of just being a shop window for players to show their true potential at spurs and then the big boys say "hmm we want him lets get him".if this club has any ambition at all its time to put a stop to it and keep our best players and build something , instead of constant dismantling to make others stronger than us or we will never challenge them. having said this, IF bale wants to go then thats different, and i would not blame him or have any hatred for him . but if levy just wants to cash in no not for me thanks.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed May 22 2013, 21:40

I agree keep him, build the side around him and I think thats AVB plan too.
    I don't really think he wants to go yet either, as I've said before very much a family man has a young child, and very strong Welsh roots.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed May 22 2013, 23:17

No. Don't sell.

His value will not drop even if he stays for another 2 seasons.

Bring in a striker & playmaker, move him to right forward, light blue touch paper and stand well back.

We set the standard when we kept Modric. Bale doesn't want or need to move yet and, with 2/3 additions we will have a serious tilt at the title.

Here's a question for you, if we sell Bale, how long before our other quality start eyeing the door? It is also telling every team out there that the talent we have is available. Not long before the Wolves will be picking at the carcass, not to mention the field day cnuts like Durham would have at our expense.

Additionally, how long would AVB stay if we sell his best players out from under him?

The knock on effect could be catastrophic.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed May 22 2013, 23:32

What makes me laugh is the end of season dross in the papers, we all know that Bales agent would have written in a clause if we don't make chaps league next year, but this week we started off with Spurs giving him 120,000 grand a week that went to 130,then 150 and then finally ended with the Mail stating that Bale is demanding 200 grand a week from Levy!! as for that tosspot Durham, I had the displeasure of listening to him in the car on the way home from a business meeting, he really has it in for AVB and the only person talking sense was Darren Gough and he was a f*cking cricketer!!

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed May 22 2013, 23:36

djfitzo wrote:What makes me laugh is the end of season dross in the papers, we all know that Bales agent would have written in a clause if we don't make chaps league next year, but this week we started off with Spurs giving him 120,000 grand a week that went to 130,then 150 and then finally ended with the Mail stating that Bale is demanding 200 grand a week from Levy!! as for that tosspot Durham, I had the displeasure of listening to him in the car on the way home from a business meeting, he really has it in for AVB and the only person talking sense was Darren Gough and he was a f*cking cricketer!!

And I only read one paper for footie and thats the telegraph, the article was printed Monday and they have not commented since, f*cking red tops

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10069887/Gareth-Bale-prepared-to-commit-to-Tottenham-for-one-more-season-despite-missing-out-on-Champions-League.html

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu May 23 2013, 02:26

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10073691/Gareth-Bale-disappointed-at-missing-out-on-Champions-League-but-hints-he-will-stay-at-Spurs.html

Doesn't sound like his about to break down Levy's door, Daily Mail = bullsh*t

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu May 23 2013, 05:10

Good post Shear, and I agree 100%, enough is enough. A rep from me. Letting Berbatov and Modric go was bad enough, but letting Bale go imo would be disastrous. But, in another post I said we should not pay any player the wages being quoted by the media, 150 to 200 thousand pounds, that is a joke, nobody is worth that kind of money. Would I cash in on Bale?, a very difficult question, but United, City and Chelsea did not get where they are by letting their top players leave. Mind you is £60 million to be sniffed at?, it would certainly allow us to bring in three or four quality players, and let's face it, we survived before Bale came on the scene so we would probable do so again. But as I do not want our club just to get by on surviving, I would have to say hang on to him.

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 05:28

i think durhams brillant but hes show on midays he winds people up but hes show on saturdays he acts differnt and knows hes stuff.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 23 2013, 05:34

Keep him. Lought? Lots of teams rely on one player from time to time to get them goals or to hold the defence together. It's no exageration to say that when Greaves played for us he was relied on to get the goals, the same for Chivers. I remember supporters screaming "Give it to Chivers" That is how it is when you have a superstar. It was the same when the scum had RVP.

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 05:56

like i said i dont mind if we keep him but avb got to sort out this shoot on site policy.

not just bale but its most players and it does my nut in.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 23 2013, 06:18

The reason players probably shoot on sight Lought is because Adabadbigtoe is idling out on the wings rather then being in the box where he should be! ! !
    In my original post one of the points I stated was that if Bale's "advisors" started making noises. If so, and Bale was foolish enough to listen to them, I would cash in but my gut feeling is that Bale is happy & settled at Spurs and quite probably dosen't want to move. I agree with all the posters that state we should not be a selling club and should move heaven & earth to hang onto our better players. I do, however, see a Modric type situation developing in 12 months time . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu May 23 2013, 18:53

Loughtonguy wrote:i think durhams brillant but hes show on midays he winds people up but hes show on saturdays he acts differnt and knows hes stuff.

Durhams a f*cking idiot .He's an elitist and believes any good player if not in a top 4 side should leave. He's been pushing for Bale to leave all year and says he needs to go to a BIGGER club. Tosser!!!!!!!

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 23 2013, 19:11

Spot on Mikey.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu May 23 2013, 19:14

I can see your point Vis, I have been thinking about it a lot since the season finished. However you have to keep him he is the most exciting player this club has had for years and has stopped us from finishing middle table this year. If he seems greedy who cares he makes things happen, the way Messi and Ronaldo do for their clubs.

Unlike Berbatoss and Modric he is irraplaceable. As someone said you build a team around him. My worry is with no CL and our wage structure will we get those top players to come and will he want to leave.

The other point is I do not see Levy giving the "60 mil" to AVB anyway maybe half the rest in the stadium fund as we haven't raised the money yet, as I understnd.

However this is all hypothetical so NO !! don't sell. 3 20 mil players are not going to give us what Bale has given us this season and who would want to come if they see we sell our best and have no ambition.

I think we all know what the answer would be though if somebody offered Levy 60 mil ?

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu May 23 2013, 23:39

oh come on. modric is the all round better player
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu May 23 2013, 23:52

In that case then why on earth would Bale want to go to Real Madrid and sit on the bench like Modric?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 24 2013, 00:30

Loughtonguy wrote:oh come on. modric is the all round better player

You've got to be joking, your a stats man Lought, Modric hardly made any assists and hardly scored any goals, he was good at ball retention, Bale is more valuable to our team then likkle Luka ever was, Moutinho, now there's a player that doesn't just sit in front of the back four and play pretty passes, we done very well out of the deal 33 million for someone that hardly assists and rarely scores. AVB will get the best out of Bale next season as he listens to him, but according to you, you knew 2 months ago he was going to Manure.

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 03:20

what i meant to say was they are differnt types of players.

when bale has a quiet game you know it.

modric being underused by real madrid. hes look there best player when he came on aganst barcelona.

our goals have dried up since modric has left
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri May 24 2013, 03:46

I agree Lought we have missed Modric this season but he would and could not score the goals that Bale scored in fact Modric was not a prolific goal scorer.

But Bale and Modric this season would have made a big difference. But as good as Modric is he is not in the same class as Bale and would not command a fee of 60 mil like Bale will. In fact I think you could get Modric back at a cut price if you tried as he didn't really crack it at Madrid.

Bale is at the moment considered up there with Messi and Ronaldo, Modric would never be.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 24 2013, 04:13

Loughtonguy wrote:what i meant to say was they are differnt types of players.

when bale has a quiet game you know it.

modric being underused by real madrid. hes look there best player when he came on aganst barcelona.

our goals have dried up since modric has left

But that's not because of Modric, the stats for his assists prove that

Post by Guest Fri May 24 2013, 06:35

i would love to get modric back..

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri May 24 2013, 18:39

what is it with these big mouth cnuts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22648898