The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Benteke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Benteke - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Benteke - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Benteke - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Benteke - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Benteke - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Benteke - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Benteke - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Benteke - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Benteke - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
djfitzo
vis
totalytot
7 posters

Benteke

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Benteke - Page 2 Empty Re: Benteke

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 15 2013, 07:38

Me too Mate and I have to ask, Did we really need another Midfield player instead of a striker?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jul 15 2013, 19:41

BazSpur wrote:Me too Mate and I have to ask, Did we really need another Midfield player instead of a striker?

Look at what we got Baz, to compliment Dembele and Sandro, we got either Parker or Huddlestone, one is too old and the other too slow, Cheatski, even though we have Paulinho have twice as many quality midfielders as us, if we are going to compete this season, we cant have teams walking through our midfield. Most goals, in most top teams are scored from midfield these days. Of course we need a striker or two, but Paulinho deal had to be done now and is a bit of a coup. Demble,Sandro,Paulinho, with Holtby and Sig as back up is as good as it gets, we are sorted at the back with Kaboul back to fitness. News is today that Benteke deal will be done before we leave for the Far East.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jul 15 2013, 20:12

If we can tie up Benteke then fair enough Dave. I think Mikey and I are just worried that we have spent a lot of the money on yet another midfielder but I do take your point about our midfield being stronger with him in it.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Jul 15 2013, 21:38

BazSpur wrote:If we can tie up Benteke then fair enough Dave. I think Mikey and I are just worried that we have spent a lot of the money on yet another midfielder but I do take your point about our midfield being stronger with him in it.

Being Spurs mate, I too am concerned on past dealings, but if Baldini is driving the transfers now, I feel a tad more confident, players like Paulinho and that price, don't come along very often and generally Cheatski buy them whether they need them or not, Marko Marin being a case in point, as he played 3 times last season and is now loaned out.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 16 2013, 00:33

totalytot wrote:
    Loughtonguy wrote:thing is baz.  gio got best yongster at the last world cup. then he got no games for us in the league.
    im sure other prem clubs would of used him in there teams

tarrabt never got a start for us but nearly always looked good when he came on as a sub.
    he has so much talent unfortuanlty for him he dont want to stay fit.

falqe looked one of our best players in the early rounds of the uefa cup then gets loaned out so thats him finnised

then theres other kids  like john bostock.  paid loads for him to loan him back out lol

whats the point of loaning someone out to lower leage clubs.  
    its okay in the prem

What's all that got to do with Benteke Lought which is what this post is all about?

Mikey M

Its a load of nonsense Mikey, if your not good enough, your not good enough.

Kyle Walker
    Danny Rose
    Stephen Caulker

All sent out on loan to lower league clubs and all proved themselves.

Then sent out on loan to Pre clubs, where again they proved themselves.

All three are now back at the club and in the first team squad.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jul 16 2013, 06:57

Cream will always rise to the top as they say.

The 3 players you mentiond Dave all were the outstanding players at the clubs they were loaned out to. They have come back and are now full internationals although Rose at the moment is just under 23's.
    The others we have loaned out, and there have been a few.....to few to mention.....have all been pretty average and would never had made it whether they had stayed or not.

The trouble with a lot of the young players today is they think they have arrived after one game and they are not prepared to put in the work. Put them out to a lesser club than us and they think they know it all. Bostick was a glaring example, he wouldn't be told. Morrison at Utd and Ranger at Newcastle are others with talent but were released by their respected clubs becaus of attitude problems and outside interests.

Gone a bit off the Benteke subject but sometimes I get carried away.

Mikey M
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Tue Jul 16 2013, 20:38

Benteke is the real deal 20 mil for this lad will be worth it he a big beast who messes defenders up hes what we need for a 433 which AVB will be playing this season hes only 22 how much potential hes got to come he scored over 20 goals for a sh*t villa side imagine how many chances he would have with mr Bale creating

Lloris Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Bae /Rose

Sandro Paulhinho Dembele

Bale Bentekkers Chadli

subs Hellboy Siggi Holtby Dawson Lennon Defoe Caroll

quite a good team think we need a new left back but depends on Money
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jul 16 2013, 23:58

MarkA249 wrote:Benteke is the real deal 20 mil for this lad will be worth it he a big beast who messes defenders up hes what we need for a 433 which AVB will be playing this season hes only 22 how much potential hes got to come he scored over 20 goals for a sh*t villa side imagine how many chances he would have with mr Bale creating

Sandro Paulhinho Dembele

Bale Bentekkers Chadli

Mark, why waste money on a new left back? Danny Rose had a great season at Sunderland and if "I don give a toss" Benny wants to go, we can shift Verts to left back
    if Rose gets injured, but we need a settled back 5 like all top 4 teams, rarely change the defence

Lloris
    Walker Kaboul Verts Rose
    Sandro Dembele Paulinho
    Lennon Bale
    Benteke

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 17 2013, 00:04

Great defence if Kabs can stay fit. Rumours are he has the same problem Ledders had. Hope to god that isn't true.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 17 2013, 00:16

BazSpur wrote:Great defence if Kabs can stay fit. Rumours are he has the same problem Ledders had. Hope to god that isn't true.

Then Steve caulker can step up Baz, great pace and reading of the game, also Daws as back up, I believe even Paulinho can play at the back, we are well covered.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jul 17 2013, 01:13

If Levy is serious about Benteke then he has to move now.

Suarez seems certain to leave L'pool, the a*se have upped their offer Real Madrid want him and Bayern so it's odds on he's on his way. L'pool will need a replacement they will have 35/40 mil to play with and can trump anything we have to offer.

If Levy plays his silly games again, as he always does, then it's another one bites the dust.

Mikey M
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed Jul 17 2013, 05:20

djfitzo wrote:
    MarkA249 wrote:Benteke is the real deal 20 mil for this lad will be worth it he a big beast who messes defenders up hes what we need for a 433 which AVB will be playing this season hes only 22 how much potential hes got to come he scored over 20 goals for a sh*t villa side imagine how many chances he would have with mr Bale creating

Sandro Paulhinho Dembele

Bale Bentekkers Chadli

Mark, why waste money on a new left back?  Danny Rose had a great season at Sunderland and if "I don give a toss" Benny wants to go, we can shift Verts to left back
    if Rose gets injured, but we need a settled back 5 like all top 4 teams, rarely change the defence

Lloris
    Walker    Kaboul   Verts     Rose
          Sandro   Dembele   Paulinho
    Lennon                               Bale
                      Benteke

Im not sure about Rose i dont think hes ready for been our first chance left back yet and BAE sooner hes gone the better hes dodgy as they come and Verts at left back is shocking he got torn apart there last year
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Jul 20 2013, 04:12

Well, so much for that short-lived transfer saga. Christian Benteke will almost certainly not be going to Tottenham Hotspur or any other team that would like to purchase him this summer. He's reportedly just signed a contract extension with Aston Villa. Rob Harris dropped the news first, and an announcement from the club itself is probably upcoming.

SOLDADO OR BUST Sad 

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jul 20 2013, 04:16

I don't believe it. Benteke withdraws his transfer request and signs a new deal until 2017.

What the f*ck is that all about. Has Levy done it again taken to long when others are signing up now. City have signed 2 strikers in 2 days.

Where guys do we go from here, I thought Benteke was almost a done deal?

I suppose it's bargain basement time and Bale goes to Utd.

Mikey M

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Jul 20 2013, 04:18

same old spurs think big act small new man in no changes . BSflag 
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jul 20 2013, 04:19

I really think it's time Levy stepped down and let somebody in that has the football team and success at heart and not a banker that has no interest in the club acheiving silverware.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jul 20 2013, 05:30

Hold on guys, you can't buy someone that's not for sale, Villa had no intention of selling him. As for Citeh, how many more times, we can't compete with a club that can offer between 150-200 grand a week. Why are you all blaming Levy? Benteke may have put in a transfer request, Villa never accepted it and David Villa? a washed up Spaniard that didn't have he balls to try his luck in the prem. Sure I'm a tad disapponted that we didn't get Benteke, but was he really available?
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Jul 20 2013, 05:56

we blaming levy because its the same old story ever year get players in quicker for preseason than last minute bids , we keep missing out on 4th and same old sh*t in window ever year. Evil or Very Mad 

im thinking baldini is only levys brewboy . levy says jump he says how high...............
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jul 20 2013, 06:10

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:we blaming levy because its the same old story ever year get players in quicker for preseason than last minute bids , we keep missing out on 4th and same old sh*t in window ever year. Evil or Very Mad 

im thinking baldini is only levys brewboy . levy says jump he says how high...............

Story so far

Somehow managed to buy one of the best midfielders around

Strikers

Cavani. PSG. We couldn't compete
    Falcao. Monaco. We couldn't compete
    Novetic. Citeh. We couldn't compete
    Negredo Citeh. We couldn't compete
    Benteke. Not for sale
    Villa washed up Spaniard that didn't have the gonads to come to England

So tell me, how is the above Levys fault?

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Jul 20 2013, 06:35

1. we bought another cm instead of a striker.
    2. we wait late on in the window to grab a bargain .which aint the calibre player to take us forward.
    3. buy director of football on high wages who yet done nothing so far.
    4. buying young players to sell on as profit so waiting yrs on potential but fans want 4th.
    5. levy bought players thinks hes playing football manager leaves avb to mop up is sh*t.
    6. we get players on long contracts then f*cks us up on getting players.
    7. and for your reasons above do you think all them players going come to us with no champions league. not about money its about us finishing out top 4.
    8. who says PAULINHO is one of the best around ???

if he was that good why didnt a top club get him.

but if we conpare him to players we still have i guess yes hes world class compared to them.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jul 20 2013, 06:43

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:1. we bought another cm instead of a striker.  
    2. we wait late on in the window to grab a bargain .which aint the calibre player to take us forward.
    3. buy director of football on high wages who yet done nothing so far.
    4. buying young players to sell on as profit so waiting yrs on potential but fans want 4th.
    5. levy bought players thinks hes playing football manager leaves avb to mop up is sh*t.
    6. we get players on  long contracts then f*cks us up on getting players.
    7. and for your reasons above do you think all them players going come to us with no champions league. not about money its about us finishing out top 4.
    8. who says PAULINHO is one of the best around ???  

if he was that good why didnt a top club get him.

but if we conpare him to players we still have i guess yes hes world class compared to them.

A top club did get Paulinho

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Jul 20 2013, 06:48

not a top club just top of the rest under 5th. Sad 
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jul 20 2013, 07:23

djfitzo wrote:Hold on guys, you can't buy someone that's not for sale, Villa had no intention of selling him. As for Citeh, how many more times, we can't compete with a club that can offer between 150-200 grand a week. Why are you all blaming Levy? Benteke may have put in a transfer request, Villa never accepted it and David Villa? a washed up Spaniard that didn't have he balls to try his luck in the prem. Sure I'm a tad disapponted that we didn't get Benteke, but was he really available?

Dave Benteke was for sale for two reasons. one he asked for a transfer and two Villa had stated that they would let him go for the right price.

Utd say Rooney is not for sale but Chelsea have put in a bid and I'm sure he's going to leave regardless of what Moyes says. We know from experience that if a player wants to go he will.

But more importantly we didn't bid for him. To me that was Levy playing brinkmanship once again and failing.

Tell me who's to blame for us not getting in a striker in the last year.

I know we can't compete with city for wages but they were still able to go out and do the deal before other clubs also with money stepped in.

Look at the Damio situation we could have had hm they agreed a fee and then according to the clubs president Levy moved the goal posts.

Nobody will convince me that Levy is not behind the failed transfers in recent times. I agree he's done a great job in putting the club in a strong financial position but we have been on the brink of making top 3 or 4 as a permanent thing. All it needed was that extra push at the right time, that extra player not Dempsey or sigy make weights.

If we do not get in a couple of top strikers we can not expect to finish any better than 6th. To me that would have been a wasted opportunity for this club to cement itself as a top contender.

That's my opinion and I wait to see who we start the season with.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jul 20 2013, 08:49

totalytot wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Hold on guys, you can't buy someone that's not for sale, Villa had no intention of selling him. As for Citeh, how many more times, we can't compete with a club that can offer between 150-200 grand a week. Why are you all blaming Levy? Benteke may have put in a transfer request, Villa never accepted it and David Villa? a washed up Spaniard that didn't have he balls to try his luck in the prem. Sure I'm a tad disapponted that we didn't get Benteke, but was he really available?

Dave Benteke was for sale for two reasons. one he asked for a transfer and two Villa had stated that they would let him go for the right price.

Utd say Rooney is not for sale but Chelsea have put in a bid and I'm sure he's going to leave regardless of what Moyes says. We know from experience that if a player wants to go he will.

But more importantly we didn't bid for him. To me that was Levy playing brinkmanship once again and failing.

Tell me who's to blame for us not getting in a striker in the last year.

I know we can't compete with city for wages but they were still able to go out and do the deal before other clubs also with money stepped in.

Look at the Damio situation we could have had hm they agreed a fee and then according to the clubs president Levy moved the goal posts.

Nobody will convince me that Levy is not behind the failed transfers in recent times. I agree he's done a great job in putting the club in a strong financial position but we have been on the brink of making top 3 or 4 as a permanent thing. All it needed was that extra push at the right time, that extra player not Dempsey or sigy make weights.

If we do not get in a couple of top strikers we can not expect to finish any better than 6th. To me that would have been a wasted opportunity for this club to cement itself as a top contender.

That's my opinion and I wait to see who we start the season with.

Mikey M

So the season before last with the same strike force as now, we got 4th,what makes you think we will finish 6th?

Who has anyone bought to challenge for 1st through to 4th?

Manu have bought no-one Cheatski have bought a young promising German, Citeh have bought two untried in the prem strikers and lost Ballatelli and a great striker in Tevez, Arsenal have paid f*ck all for a teenage Frog and if it was so easy to get a top striker, why has Higuain not joined Arsenal. The best forwards in Europe. Cavani and Falcao have taken the money and gone to PSG and Monaco.Citeh have done what they have done since the Arabs turned up throw millions of pounds at it and hope the players click, no real thought and so far for all that investment have scraped one league title.
    Yes, we need more firepower , but if you don't let goals in, you don't lose matches, we are strong up to the front line, I just don't think for the likes of us and even Arsenal, you need to pay a lot more then we can afford and saying just go a buy a top striker is just not that easy.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Jul 20 2013, 16:44

Ok, lets put it to everyone and lets not be fanciful or indulgent, who do you think we realistically could have or should be buying in the striker department and reasons why they are better then what we have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 01:45