The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
vis
6 posters

Crystal Palace Match Thread

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Crystal Palace Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace Match Thread

Post by totalytot Mon Aug 19 2013, 08:58

vis wrote:Did we really miss Bale today? OK we were a touch flat at times but it was the 1st game so excuses can be made and we seemed comfertable & in control for most of the game and took the 3 points . . . .
    I think we did miss Bale out there today Vis. The game needed something to set it alight that bit of magic which seemed missing to day.

I thought it would take a few games for the new guys to settle in. There were a few individual performances but they didn't quite gel as a team ,hopefully that will come. We did make a very poor Palace defence look good at times, they will get hammered over the season by most teams.

Lennon does continue to dissapoint. He goes past defenders so well but then it's all wasted with his final pass. I'm surprised that the last few managers have not sorted him out by now. Even AVB has had him a year now.

Like everybody else I'll take the 3 points and it is our first win in the opening game for 5 years I'm told, but I hope we start scoring goals from open play soon.

We are going to be tired at the weekend after a long trip to Russia so the next match is going to be difficult.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Aug 19 2013, 21:09

totalytot wrote:
    vis wrote:Did we really miss Bale today? OK we were a touch flat at times but it was the 1st game so excuses can be made and we seemed comfertable & in control for most of the game and took the 3 points . . . .
    I think we did miss Bale out there today Vis. The game needed something to set it alight that bit of magic which seemed missing to day.

I thought it would take a few games for the new guys to settle in. There were a few individual performances but they didn't quite gel as a team ,hopefully that will come. We did make a very poor Palace defence look good at times, they will get hammered over the season by most teams.

Lennon does continue to dissapoint. He goes past defenders so well but then it's all wasted with his final pass. I'm surprised that the last few managers have not sorted him out by now. Even AVB has had him a year now.

Like everybody else I'll take the 3 points and it is our first win in the opening game for 5 years I'm told, but I hope we start scoring goals from open play soon.

We are going to be tired at the weekend after a long trip to Russia so the next match is going to be difficult.

Mikey M
    Mikey, we saw it last year with teams putting 11 men behind the ball, even with Bale in the team we failed to beat teams that play that way, So i'm with Vis, we didn't miss him as much I thought we would because Palace would have done the same to him, closed the space, all that and trying to blend new players and an ice cool penalty taker, aint had one of them for a long time

On Adebayor, where the fuck is he? if its his dad dying, Defoe lost a half brother and his dad and was back almost straight away, I know its sounds harsh, but its Ade swinging the lead again.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Aug 19 2013, 23:39

totalytot wrote:

Mikey M
    Swansea too have a Europa league game and they have already played two games more than us as they had pre-qualifiers, they don't have the quality to rotate like us, so tiredness shouldn't come into it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 20:27