The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
the transfer window  who ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
the transfer window  who ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
the transfer window  who ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
the transfer window  who ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
the transfer window  who ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
the transfer window  who ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
the transfer window  who ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
the transfer window  who ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
the transfer window  who ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

the transfer window  who ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

the transfer window who ?

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

the transfer window  who ? Empty the transfer window who ?

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Wed Jan 08 2014, 10:00

who should we bring in ? they say good players are hard to find in january so would you buy or bring in a few loanees ? thoughts....

would more players have a negative effect ?

the transfer window  who ? Empty Re: the transfer window who ?

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08 2014, 11:17

need a striker and a left back.

not sure what left back we should go for.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Jan 09 2014, 00:04

Wrong section, have moved to transfer bollox. Smile
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jan 10 2014, 09:58

Don't know who we can get now. I said in the summer that we should buy Negredo but we pissed about again. We had been linked with him for two years and in the end he went for £4 mil less than we paid for Soldado, so that was another good bit of business by Mr Levy.

I don't see us getting anybody in this window and quite frankly after spending 110 mil it's about time this lot started to get it together and justify their high wages.

In fact we're more likely to move out than move in. Lamella looks like he's on his way out but it's unlikely we will get anything like 30 mil as his short time with us has more likely brought his price right down. Who in their right mind would pay 30 mil for him. Oh I forgot we did.... nice one Baldini.

I would like us to get Shaw another player we were linked with a year ago when his value was around 8 to 10 mil. Now it's more like 20. Also Morata a great young striker who if we had pushed harder when we were dealing with "our specials arrangement" friends Real Madrid with the sale of Bale we could have got.

I would'nt mind bringing Lescott in till' the end of the season while we have injuries in defence as I think City will either sell him in this window or loan him out.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10 2014, 12:14

thing is why pay 30mill for lamela and not start him. hes not started 1 prem game at home.

towsend lennon they get so many chances.
    but your right. we misssed out on negredo.

suarez we could of got him. remy aguero he was on our radar in 2009 but we didnt buy because he was too young then.

its crazy buying youngsters and then loaning them out.

could you imagine if oscar came to spurs. he would be deemed to small and lightweight for spurs.

if a player is good enough then it dont matter how old he is.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sat Jan 11 2014, 08:52

Don't get excited guys Levy won't spend fek all. Another Saha type loan is the best we can expect . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jan 12 2014, 09:33

It's a real fuck up and quite depressing really when you think how much potential we had 3 or 4 seasons ago and how it all seems to be slipping away just because we missed out on certain players by being to slow and bought a lot of the wrong ones.

Morata, who we should of had as part of the Bale deal looks like going to the Arse. That will really fuck me off if it happens as I really rate the guy.

I don't see any buys in this window especially as we have just wasted 110 mil or at least most of it.

Mikey M
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Jan 12 2014, 09:43

You know what if Levy had the balls, I mean real balls, not the ones he thinks he has when he delays and misses out by being to clever. The balls that would have said to Real Madrid you want Bale OK then we want Morata, Coantrao and De Maria in a straight swap. Those three are all we needed not 8 players of which most are sub standard.

They were the 3 key areas we were lacking and they would have slotted in nicely and a lot easier than almost a complete new team.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Jan 12 2014, 10:44

its sick to think they wanted bale. we was in the driving seat and did not get one player from them,

they really done levy over.
    we sell our 2 best players in recent years and get nohting.

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Wed Jan 15 2014, 04:37

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep 

WHAT A FUCKING BORING WINDOW FOR AL CLUBS

Post by Guest Wed Jan 15 2014, 06:26

it always is untill the last day.
    then clubs rush around and moan when they miss out
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed Jan 15 2014, 20:18

It just proves yet again what a bloody pointless thing the January window is.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jan 17 2014, 07:09

From the wonderful world of the web Mark Lawrensen casts his gimpy eye over Spurs . . . .

What they need in a nutshell: A left-back, so they can strengthen in the centre.

Window shopping: After signing so many people over the summer, the last thing Spurs need now is a lot more new players to bed in but what they do need is a new left-back so Jan Vertonghen can return to the centre of defence.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is on loan at QPR but I would leave him there and try to get somebody else in.

There is a young kid at Ipswich called Aaron Cresswell who has been playing very well but he has just signed a new deal. Then there is someone like Southampton's Luke Shaw who has also been linked with a move, but I cannot see that one happening.

Even if Spurs got an experienced left-back as a short-term signing it would benefit the team because Spurs' full-backs are well protected on the flanks with two wingers in front of them. Down the middle, they need Vertonghen.

Linked with: Andrea Ranocchia 25, CB (Inter Milan), Fredy Guarin 27, CM (Inter Milan), Diego Perotti 25, AM (Sevilla), Mohamed Salah 21, FW (Basel), Ciprian Marica 28, FW (Getafe), Ezequiel Lavezzi 28, FW (Paris St-Germain), Kevin Volland 21, FW (Hoffenheim), Alexandre Pato 24, CF (Corinthians), Paul-Georges Ntep 21, CF (Auxerre), Giuseppe Rossi 26, CF (Fiorentina), Alex Buttner 24, LB (Manchester United), Luke Shaw 18, LB (Southampton), Shane Long 26, CF (West Brom).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 01:41