The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
  FC Dnipro  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

FC Dnipro  - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
Maximus
BazSpur
totalytot
LOVELOVEROCKET
vis
9 posters

FC Dnipro

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

FC Dnipro  - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Dnipro

Post by seebee1944 Sat Feb 22 2014, 02:08

Maybe AVB had to go but the timing was all wrong. Personally I think when, what turned out to be te final meeting between him and Levy started, there was no intention of of a sacking or resignation happening. It just seemed to pan out that way.
    But to then appoint a junior member of the caoaching staff as chief coach was an enormous mistake. He only has one way of playing and doesn't know how to hange it during a match.
    We had over 60% possession again last night but no end product so as DJSR says this should be sorted out in training. The squad is strong enough imo with the right guidance but they aint getting it.
    Levy does make mistakes but always at the back of my mind is what we had before Sugar, Scholar et al so be careful what you wish for.
    Still think we'll win the game at the Lane though.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 22 2014, 02:18

Reps for DJ and Seebee. However, Levy has done well since becoming Chairman but my god does he have faults? His constant interfering in transfer matters for a start let alone what he does to managers.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Sat Feb 22 2014, 05:55

In all honesty Baz, I can not see how you can say Levy has done well, what is it 9 or 11 managers since he became chairman, please tell me how you think he has done well when you are saying he has his faults by interfering in transfer matters for a start and let alone what he does to managers. In my opinion he should give a manager time to prove his worth and also allow the manager to choose the players he feels will benefit the squad and his style of play, this in my opinion is the foundation for success. He does not come across as a footballing man, it's all about how quickly and how much money he can make, he never seems to share the jubilation of the fans joy when we score he just sits there with a poker face, I do like a chairman who shows the same passion for the club as the supporters, I just can't stand him. I wonder how Sherwood feels knowing that it does not matter how well he does this season, winning the Europa Trophy, getting us the fourth spot in the Premiership, Levy is looking for another manager for next season, speculation I know but no smoke without fire.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 22 2014, 05:59

I meant financially Len.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Feb 23 2014, 05:56

philip wrote:
    vis wrote:
    totalytot wrote:
    vis wrote:That was abysmal. the worst Spurs performance in ages. If that was AVB in charge the haters would be out in force now. Until this evening our record in this seasons Europa was played 8, won 8. And tonight with Shitwood in charge we are awful and lose (don't get me started on Soldildo or Crapoue) !!!! Fans demand Chumps League? Bayern, Barca, PSG would stuff us in double figures. So much hope at the start of the season and, yet, this is one of the worst Spurs teams in ages. No heart, no desire, no, skill, no fekin clue . . . . .

Vis you really do not like Tim Sherwood so much that you have to use such emotive insulting  terms to describe him. As I have mentioned in the other thread, he is doing a honest job making progress from a bad situation.  It is not Tim's fault that he was left with players not worth 100mil.  The thread should read  get rid of Soldado if you watched the match you know what I mean and this is not the first time he has missed a sitter.  How the fxxx is this Tim's fault.  Get rid of Baldini and Levy  if you want.  I think you are barking the wrong tree mate

You're spot on there Phillip I really don't like Shitwood and in my defence have said this ALL along. Didn't rate him as a player, coach & now manager. Sorry mate but in my opinion he is not , and never will be, up to the job of managing Spurs. As for an honest job well he has only so far got results against teams Spurs should be getting results against. Has failed miserably in cup matches and let's not even discuss Citeh lol . . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Feb 23 2014, 08:13

Fair enough Vis I appreciate your honesty now I understand where you are coming from. Incidentally Tim Sherwood was never my choice either and  I was really surprised that someone with unproven experience got the job over Glen Hoddle who was my ideal choice to steer the club until end of the season.  Nevertheless, now we have TS my logic is to support him and hope that he becomes successful for the rest of his 18 months contract and beyond.  This way we will all be happy and the stability maintained.

If we judge him by the league form I think he is doing a  fine  job for now.
    Yes we will  have to wait and see if he does not measure then he will have to go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20 2024, 01:03