The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Southampton Home EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Southampton Home EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Southampton Home EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Southampton Home EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Southampton Home EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Southampton Home EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Southampton Home EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Southampton Home EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Southampton Home EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Southampton Home Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
philip
totalytot
6 posters

Southampton Home

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Southampton Home Empty Southampton Home

Post by totalytot Mon Mar 24 2014, 06:17

I might be flogging a dead horse but I thought I would put this up and see if anybody wants to give their thoughts on todays game. I will probably be talking to myself if so then I will be movuing on.

I thought it was a good win today without us playing that well but to come from 2-0 down and win was a great fighting team effort.
    I despair though at the defensive tactics we used playing so high up and leaving us wide open for the break, which they did of course for their 2 goals and could have had more in the 1st half.

But Eriksen had a great game and is probably the only success story of all the buys we made in the summer, he could have had a hatrick and should have done.

A good 3 points but it didn't really make next weeks game against Liverpool one to look forward to. That defence against Sturridge and Suarez will get hammered as we did at home against them.

But todays game was exciting and we got the 3 points.

Mikey M
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Southampton Home Empty Re: Southampton Home

Post by philip Mon Mar 24 2014, 07:38

Mikey

You are not the only one to observe, yes it was a gutsy performance not perfect but showed character to come back from 2-0 down.

Yes the performance was not perfect but who cares, last week we played well without reward. T S need to set up the team right for next week otherwise if we play this way in defense Liverpool will have field day.

I am sure T S knows that but I am not sure if we have the personnel to cope with that if Sandro is still injured
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Mar 24 2014, 08:59

Very good comeback after an awful start, I even warmed a bit to Shitwood with his celebrations after the 3rd goal . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Mar 25 2014, 01:52

A good comeback, but very poor defending by Naughton, God help us v Liverpool. I was pleased for Soldado, one of his better games and he showed he is growing in confidence. As for Sherwood Vis, I do like the passion he shows when we score but is that going to be enough to keep him in the job?, in one way I hope he is given the chance to stay on as manager for another season as I don't want to see a change of manager, do not like the fact he is a gooner fan, but I think Levy has another manager lined up for next season. As for the forum Vis, I feel sorry for you mate but it looks as though people have lost interest which I can't understand as it's supposed to be about a club we all love. When you think we had Lobo, Lought, Ian, Lee, Lew, Nick, Jim, although he does post now and then and many others who's names I cant remember. I would love to see all these members come back onto the board, and I mean all. I know there was bad feeling between certain posters but surely that can all be put behind them for the sake of the Bill Nicholson forum.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Mar 25 2014, 08:27

I think most have moved on to pastures new Len.

What I want to know where has Baz gone after all he was the guy who set it up in the beginning?

Are you out there Baz if so speak to Michael.

Mikey M
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Tue Mar 25 2014, 10:27

I think Baz has done a runner, jocking I have noticed as well the number of posters dwindling. If it is due to infighting this will be sad because to me it is part of banter.

IMO what has pe**** people off is the policy of merging and control of threads which narrows posters' initiatives to add new posts. Nevertheless I feel this is potentially a fantastic Spurs Message Board with a fantastic name.

Message board is ok just need a bit of tweaking around
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Mar 25 2014, 19:28

Tweaking Philip?, in what way, what needs to be done to get the forum back on track?. those that have left the board do not even pop in to visit us and leave a comment. I don't know if they just have a read of the post without leaving replies, sad. I think what Vis has to do in order to get people posting again and therefore giving their predictions of matches etc, is, to give a car to whoever wins the predictions come the end of the season, and the top poster voted for by members wins a cruise, I have always wanted to go on a cruise. Just a idea to revive the board.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Mar 25 2014, 20:11

Firstly, a good fight back on Sunday but poor defending by both sides. However, guts and determination which Deadwood called for, aren't enough we need tactics and skill as well. If we defend like that against Liverpool we are in trouble. Please don;t drop Eriksen again, build around him.
    Regarding the board, yes it is sad to see it,s demise but I think a lot of people have lost a lot of enthusiasm this season because of the clubs loss of direction and can't wait for the final games to be over. One thing I'm personally disappointed about is Baz not being here, especially after chucking Loughton off.
    Hopefully he and some of the others will return.
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Wed Mar 26 2014, 03:26

onto the game

naughton first mistakes in ages and people on hes back
    hes been superb lately against arsenal and chelsea. we dont give away so many silly free kicks unlike walker

great subs from tim siggy looks so much better in the middle then on the left
    erikson. we should build our team around him
    benteleb another player that tim done wonders with. hes been better then capoue paullino sandro of late
    soldado them touches on sunday where world class

hope we get a good left back next season
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Mar 26 2014, 04:06

Hello Lought lol. I am just a mod not admin. If it's still an issue mate why come back? And TBH coming back & slating people won't help your cause . . . .
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Wed Mar 26 2014, 05:08

just wanted to put my point across
    the only bad thing i done in the last month of being on here was the defoe thread.

baz saying its not personal when it clearly is.

i came back to let people know my side.
    of course i miss you guys.
    if baz dont want me on hes facebook page then fair enough but this group i been on since 2006 and helped keep it going.
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Wed Mar 26 2014, 05:09

anyone that does want to keep in touch all you have to do is join my facebook page called since arsenal last won a trophy

or join tottenham and arsenal banter page on facebook
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Mar 26 2014, 06:11

Lought I always fought your corner & I don't agree with airing dirty laundry in public so will leave it there and and say keep discussing Spurs mate . . . . .
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Wed Mar 26 2014, 06:29

fair enough vis. i missed you lol
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Mar 26 2014, 06:38

flowers 
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Wed Mar 26 2014, 13:06

Vis how hilarious you knew it is Lough. Any way Lough if it is you welcome back we have come a long way the board has not been the same since you left. You have to tow the line though otherwise we will send Baz to sort you out.
    Baz is nowhere to be seen you must have scared him off, jocking apart frankly nobody cares about all that shit as long as we have banter to do with our club.

Rumours are flying around that the winner from the prediction board may be awarded a Cruise or a car (could be a Merc) so please be nice to Baz

Back to football a good result last Sunday and I agree the team should defend better. This would be my team
    Lloris
    Naughton, Kaboul, Fryers (Dawson), Vertonghen
    Benteleb, Sandro
    Lennon, Eriksen, Sig, Rose
    Adebayo(Kane)
    My reasoning is to stiffen the defence and try push up to nullified their wing play and starve the service to their forwards
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Mar 26 2014, 19:31

Welcome back Lought, I thought it was you. Anyway behave and tow the line, listen to Vis. Now, let's hope others come back, Lee, Lobo and others who have slipped my mind, which is very easy these days.
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Thu Mar 27 2014, 03:25

i cant change but ill really try hard not to hijack threads. i sometimes do it without thinking
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Mar 27 2014, 07:02

lmao 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20 2024, 02:21