The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
superkaboul
totalytot
vis
LOVELOVEROCKET
8 posters

#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  Empty #spurs logic !!!!!!!!!

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Wed May 21 2014, 01:14

THE POCH .- Pochettino favours a very high pressing attacking style of football. He usually favours a 4-2-3-1 formation. While doing so, he instructs his team to build pressure from the back, intimidate and unsettle opponents easily.
    Managerial statistics
    As of 11 May 2014.
    Team From To Record
    G W D L Win %
    Espanyol 20 January 2009 26 November 2012 161 53 38 70 32.92
    Southampton 18 January 2013 Present 60 23 18 19 38.33
    Total
    SIGNINGS - Italian striker Dani Osvaldo for £15 million wanyama for 13.5m
    3 DRAWS AND 1 WIN V TOP 4 SIDES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

IM ALL FOR GIVING A MAN A FAIR SHOT BUT NOTHING OF THE ABOVE FILLS ME WITH CONFIDENCE
    vis
    vis

#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  Empty Re: #spurs logic !!!!!!!!!

Post by vis Wed May 21 2014, 03:28

High pressing Wasn't that AVB's preferred style? Sorry but this guy is NOT what we need . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue May 27 2014, 19:58

THE END IS CLOSE AT HAND MY PEDIGREE CHUMS ,  Sad  GOT I HATE THIS CLUB AT TIMES , THINK BIG ACT SMALL , ALWAYS TOLD YOU THEY DO THIS. I WANTED TO BELIEVE THAT WE LEARNT SOMETHING OVER THE YEARS. BUT DOSEN'T LOOK LIKE WE HAVE . POCHETINHO MIGHT BE A NICE MAN AND ALL THAT BUT DONT THINK AT THIS TIME HE IS THE RIGHT CHOICE , OK SO HE PLAYS THE RIGHT WAY , BUT STILL STRUGGLES TO GET THE PTS , WE WILL BE EASY TO WATCH THAN UNDER AVB , BUT I THINK WE WILL COME 7TH OR 8TH NEXT YEAR. IVE JUST REALISED AFTER SO MANY YEARS ME AND THE CLUB HAVE DIFFERENT AMBITIONS FOR THIS CLUB SO GOING TO TAKE BACKSEAT THIS SEASON AND SEE WHAT UNFOLDS . YOU MAY THINK WELL WE DONT NEED FANS LIKE YOU AND YOU MIGHT BE RIGHT.BUT SO MANY IFS, BUTS, MAYBES, OVER THE YEARS HAVE TAKEN THERE TOIL . GOOD LUCK TO OUR BELOVED CLUB BUT FOR THIS SEASON THIS ONE FAN WHO WILL TAKEBACK SEAT SEE WHAT UNFOLDS BUT THINK IT WILL ALL END PEARSHAPED.  Sad 
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue May 27 2014, 21:29

He hasn't signed yet so he may not come at all.

However if he does then I'm not so sure he's a bad choice. He's young, has great potential, plays the right way and gets the best out of players as he has shown at Southampton this year bringing on Lallana, Rodriguez, Chambers, Lovnen?Shaw and others. I know that most of them were there before but he got more out of them and into the England squad.

The one thing that has to happen if he comes is if he's given a three year contract as has been said he must be given all that time to bring the team along. We need stability badly.

The other thing is that this team is not good enough for top 4 whoever the manager is and a lot of players must go and others to come in. I think some of the decisions will be made for us with a number wanting to leave after the WC. I don't think Paulinio, Lloris, Vertognen, Eriksen and Sandro (who's agent says he wants to go to Italy) will start the season so it could be a big building job for the manager whoever he is.

I said before my choice is Ancellotie but now RM have won the CL then he's not going to be released. So if it's Pinocchio then we have to stand by him and hope he gets the support of the club and supporters and maybe he can do what Rodgers did at L'pool this year when no one gave them a chance and they almost won the title. Everything is possible with the right blend of players and management.

I think we have put ourselves back 5 or 6 years in the last couple iof seasons with dithering and bad choices by Levy and it will be a difficult task for any manager to get us back to making quarter finals of the CL and top 4 again but I really hope the new guy has the ability and can get us there. The supporters deserve better even if Levy doesn't.

Mikey M
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Wed May 28 2014, 02:01

i been inpressed with the way southampton play but did he not struggle in spain and got the sack.

but im all for given him a chance. he should get us attacking more
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Wed May 28 2014, 02:21

Cant believe all these comments saying Poch isnt good enough ermmmmm bin dippers did the same with Rodgers look how good they are Toffees was not happy with Martinez cause he relegated Wigan look how hard they were to beat yes we got 4 points of them but should of lost both games. Some fans need to get there head out of there asses we are not a massive club no chance of Ancelloti those who think we had a chance are living in cloud cuckoo land. I cant wait for Poch to be announced do i expect miracles no but i want my team to play with swagger again and become hard to beat Southampton most possesion last season but attack with it no boring AVB shit.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 28 2014, 05:33

Pochahontos it is then, the roller coaster rides ever onwards . . . . .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27579306
    superkaboul
    superkaboul
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by superkaboul Wed May 28 2014, 05:34

#spurs logic !!!!!!!!!  1466105_666993523367793_4506604628268551092_n
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 28 2014, 05:36

What are the odds on Levy sacking him by Christmas ??????
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 28 2014, 05:42

Opinions seem split all over the net. I'll get behind him and see what happens but I won't hold my breath that he'll win us trophies. lol.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed May 28 2014, 08:09

superkaboul wrote:i been inpressed with the way southampton play  but did he not struggle in spain and got the sack.

but im all for given him a chance.  he should get us attacking more

He didn't get the sack from Espanyol, far from it he went to them when they were doomed for relegation and kept them up with no money to spend.

He's done a good job at Saints and I think he'll do a good job for us. The biggest problem he'll face is Levy. He want's to do the transfer deals and insists on a director of football and they always interfere that's why we would never get a top manager who's been around and managed big clubs. Levy wants a yes man so I just hope Poch is his own man and doesn't put up with Levy's shit.

As I've said before he has to get players in as what we have is just not good enough.

I'm behind our new manager although I'm a little surprised he's been given a 5 year deal. If it doesn't work out it's another big pay out.

Oh to be a failed manager, Moyes 4 mil, Kenny Dalgleish nearly 2 mil
    from 3 clubs he was fired from and there are many others including at least 3 from Chelsea. It must be the only profession....if you can call it that....that pays for failure with the exception of the Banks of course.

I'm looking forward to seeing what our new manager can do but I'm not hopefull of the squad we have at the moment.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 28 2014, 10:01

Big pay out? Baggsy me next. My bank account could do with a mega infusion . . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed May 28 2014, 10:04

Good luck to Pocahontas. Hope he leads us to the promised land . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Wed May 28 2014, 20:37

[quote="MarkA249"]Cant believe all these comments saying Poch isnt good enough ermmmmm bin dippers did the same with Rodgers look how good they are Toffees was not happy with Martinez cause he relegated Wigan look how hard they were to beat yes we got 4 points of them but should of lost both games. Some fans need to get there head out of there asses we are not a massive club no chance of Ancelloti  those who think we had a chance are  living in cloud cuckoo land. I cant wait for Poch to be announced do i expect miracles no but i want my team to play with swagger again and become hard to beat Southampton most possesion last season but attack with it no boring AVB shit

Absoletely right Spurs fans do need to be more realistic. The guy's done well with Southampton, seems to have a long term plan and gets on with his players especially the yougsters. Both at Espanyol and Southampton he's brought them through into the first team squad and in Southamtons case some have become internationals as well.
    He's also taken more points off of the top four than us, playing our style of football. I also think he won't take any crap from Levy so all in all I'm quite excited by the appointment as long as he is given TIME.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu May 29 2014, 04:50

I hope and pray he does well, and dare I say it?, I think he will given time, but then I say that with all the managers we have had over the years. However, I hope he performs better in his first season in charge than that manager we had some time ago, forgot his name, a right waste of time. We lost 1-5 away to Man City, 0-4 at home to Birmingham, 1-4 at home to West Ham, 1-4 away to Bolton, 1-5 away to Birmingham, and 1-4 at home to the Arsenal. Ah, the names just come to me, Bill Nicholson in the 1958-59 season. Then there was Keith Burkinshaw in the 1976-77 season, away defeats to W.B.A 2-4, Derby 2-8, West Ham 3-5, Everton 0-4, and Man City 0-5, and we were relegated. Keith then guided us to two FA Cup victories, and a UEFA Cup victory, and we all know what the greatest manager in the history of the club did. It is all about giving a manager time, and I hope Levy and the supporters do get behind Pochettino, but in Levy's case it could be to stab him in the back if it goes pear shaped.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 29 2014, 04:59

Boltjean wrote:I hope and pray he does well, and dare I say it?, I think he will given time, but then I say that with all the managers we have had over the years. However, I hope he performs better in his first season in charge than that manager we had some time ago, forgot his name, a right waste of time. We lost 1-5 away to Man City, 0-4 at home to Birmingham, 1-4 at home to West Ham, 1-4 away to Bolton, 1-5 away to Birmingham, and 1-4 at home to the Arsenal. Ah, the names just come to me, Bill Nicholson in the 1958-59 season. Then there was Keith Burkinshaw in the 1976-77 season, away defeats to W.B.A 2-4, Derby 2-8, West Ham 3-5, Everton 0-4, and Man City 0-5, and we were relegated. Keith then guided us to two FA Cup victories, and a UEFA Cup victory, and we all know what the greatest manager in the history of the club did. It is all about giving a manager time, and I hope Levy and the supporters do get behind Pochettino, but in Levy's case it could be to stab him in the back if it goes pear shaped.

LOL Len being a touch pedantic here. Who was the chairman with these "mythical" managers you mention? Bet it wasn't darlin' Danny levy . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 22:34