The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Wooton Bassett EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Wooton Bassett EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Wooton Bassett EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Wooton Bassett EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Wooton Bassett EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Wooton Bassett EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Wooton Bassett EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Wooton Bassett EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Wooton Bassett EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Wooton Bassett Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Wooton Bassett

Wooton Bassett Empty Wooton Bassett

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05 2010, 07:17

Now I don't usually get drawn into topics like this. I don't consider myself racist and my politics are very leftist. But the request for a march with empty coffins thro' Wotton Bassest by radical Islamists has got me spitting feathers. My feelings on wars waged in my name in far-off lands has no bearing on this. The people of this proud Town honour fallen British service people in the most dignified manner. To allow a bunch of fundamentalist idiots the same rights beggars belief. I may have got the facts wrong but if this "protest" is allowed to go ahead I worry for the future of my country. When in Rome do as the Romans do. Can I march thro' Riyyadh or Mecca, or bulid places of worship there ? I think not. Oh dear the world has gone mad. I hope this publicity stunt gets no more meeja cover than it has already. For the sake of OUR fallen heroes it should not even be given consideration . . . . .. . .
    (off me soap box now )

Wooton Bassett Empty Re: Wooton Bassett

Post by Guest Tue Jan 05 2010, 18:01

WELL SAID. Im 100% With you on that.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Jan 07 2010, 01:08

As the father of a front-line soldier & having all ready seen what sort of reception these idiot extremists gave him on his home coming from Iraq i'm sick to the pit of my stomach to think this man & his group fanatics aren't being brought to book in any way so far.

For me if he lives in this Country & he's slating the Country that's given him a very good living on benefits he wouldn't get elsewhere, surely that has to be treason at the very least. For all those bleeding hearts out there i say kick the tosser out with all his buddies & you can stick your human rights, right up your behind because he's waved his rights as soon as his tirade against this Country was made.

This is the final straw for me these people have to be held accountable now & if not it means the Government care more about other cultures than our own. If i said any thing about the Afgan soldiers along the same line Muslims would be up in arms & as i'm White, English i'd be up on racism charges before i could blink.

This is just another situation that tells me this Country isn't just going to the dog's it's there & been shite out again.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 07 2010, 01:13

The government can't ban this disgusting march unless the Council of that area or the police chief says they want it banned. Its up to them really. Once the government get the nod then they have said they will ban it.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07 2010, 01:22

i saw the back end of this on the news last night, what a disgrace that cnut was, he needs beating very badly with a stick with nails in it, couldn beleive what i was hearing.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 07 2010, 02:09

Now you know my feelimgs but I hope if this disgusting publicity attempt is allowed to take place that the proud people of Wotton Bassett turn up en masse as always then when these brain dead aggitators march thro' they turn their backs on them and show them the contempt they deserve . . . .
    wobberler
    wobberler
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by wobberler Thu Jan 07 2010, 03:58

SEND HIM BACK, £25,0000 BENIFIT, SEE WHAT HE GETS WHERE HE COMES FROM, IM A GUERNSEY MAN AND I WOULD COME OVER TO THE U K AND BEET THE LIVE N...... OUT OF HIM, HOW THOSE PARENTS MUST FEEL WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES OR WHO HAVE BEEN MAMED BY THESE SO CALLED RELIGOUSE IDIOTS,
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Fri Jan 08 2010, 08:06

they are in for one massive surprise

Post by Guest Sat Jan 09 2010, 01:45

bang on mr legend - i hope they do march, as it will end this once and for all!

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12 2010, 06:06

I refer to Jims post above about the reception his Lad got when marching thro' Luton on his home coming. As I recall at that time Jim posted about the "situation" with dignity and an open-minded attitude. I'm pleased to see that today some of these hate mongers have been found guilty of threatining behaviour. I am a great beliver in freedom of speech and despise certain attitudes that have invaded society & taken away these freedoms. But if you are British whatever your thoughts on government actions you should support the Britsh service personel in their jobs. I did laugh at some of the defence arguments to try to secure a not guilty decision. I quote them here . . . . . . . .
    Defence lawyers had argued the right to freedom of speech was at stake and Jubair Ahmed's lawyer Sonal Dashani had referred to the French philosopher Voltaire.
    He said: "Voltaire said 'I disagree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.'
    "That was in the 18th Century. Things have moved on since then, though perhaps not as quickly as one might have liked.
    "If you believe in freedom of speech you have to accept that some things will be said that you will like and some things will be said that you will not like."

Spot on but what about the freedom of Speech of Salman Rushdie, the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten cartoon depections or the Dutch film maker Theo van Gogh who was murdered by people who disagreed with his views ? It seems that freedom of speech is fine for some yet not others. Hypocrisy springs to mind. Individuals should not hide behind philosopical arguements if they are not prepared to adhere to there context & meaning . . . . .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Jan 13 2010, 03:38

the march is cancelled banned. the islam4uk party is also now a banned group. thank god for that , this government is finally doing something against these bloody freaks who ruin our daily life every time we open a newspaper and read the next sickening stunt their up to. scrounging parasitic low life that they are. go home your about as welcome as a sick sandwich.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 13 2010, 05:16

go home your about as welcome as a sick sandwich.

Ugh lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content