The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Snow EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Snow EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Snow EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Snow EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Snow EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Snow EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Snow EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Snow EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Snow EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Snow Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Snow

Snow Empty Snow

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10 2010, 07:37

Here in Kent it ain't stopped snowing all day ! More to come were told & to be honest I'm getting fed up with it. Village shop has nearly sold out & don't know when next delivery is coming. Time to wrap up like an Eskimo, brave the elements and support village business in the form of my local. No music tonight as cancelled, so hey, I may take one of my guitars down and get the night swinging lol. Just hope this comes to an end soon as it's nice at first, then a pain . . . . .

Snow Empty Re: Snow

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10 2010, 07:46

dig in vis.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 10 2010, 08:24

Totally pi**ed off with it here as well. temperature 2 nights ago went down to -14. Went out to the garage to get something and straight away my whole body was stinging with the cold. It seemed to come on so quickly too, it went straight through my clothing. Within 5 seconds I was shivering. Couldn't wait to get back indoors.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 10 2010, 11:55

Dig out more like Burgs. It's not that cold here Baz. It can take your breath away but on the whole it's more wind chill than actual cold but just the right temperature for snow, snow, snow & more bloody snow. Well here we go. Snow is melting at the mo 'cos we have a warm front approaching. Sounds ok eh ? Nope. Just means we are in for real storm sh*t over the next 24 hours, more & more & more snow to come deep joy ! If you look at areas that haven't been disturbed there is over 2/3 feet of snow laying on 'em. Enough I cry, enough. Just walked the long way home. The land looks beautifull but it's cold. Begged loads of veg off the Landylady before we left (thanx Sandra you're a darling) so we could feed the horse's & sheep on the way home. OK it's fun on a Saturday night but roll on the big thaw (then the flooding starts ho hum) . .. . . . . . . .
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Jan 10 2010, 20:35

I popped out yesterday to the local retail park to pick up a HDMI lead for my TV. God did i regret it! The entrance to the retail park was nice and clear, but the exit, which is a good 1/2 a mile wasnt gritted. It took me nearly an hour to get out, which usually takes 5 minutes!! Resources are ok around the Barnet area, luckily, and it hasnt snowed as much as other places, but i refuse to go anywhere untill the roads are clear and i just took a week off work too! lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 10 2010, 20:53

I know its bad in the North London area DJ. My Daughter lives in Enfield and says they have had it bad there.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Jan 10 2010, 20:56

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:I know its bad in the North London area DJ. My Daughter lives in Enfield and says they have had it bad there.
    I'm not far from North London mate, within 5-10 miles, but weirdly enough it snowed 5 miles away and we hardly got anything here, just very light snow for about 30 mins, lucky i guess!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 00:33