The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
For Leggy. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
For Leggy. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
For Leggy. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
For Leggy. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
For Leggy. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
For Leggy. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
For Leggy. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
For Leggy. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
For Leggy. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

For Leggy. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

For Leggy.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

For Leggy. Empty For Leggy.

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 11 2010, 03:48

Dave I was just interested if you ever knew The Parish brothers who ran with The Tottenham firm back in the 70s and 80s. I think they were two brothers anyway. I am sure one was called Ronnie but can't remember the other one's name. I have seen one of them mentioned somewhere but can't remember where now but it was a book about Football Hooligans and one of the Parishes was mentioned as being well up in the firm and a right handful it wasn't Ronnie though. It was one of the West Ham firm of the time that mentioned he was a handful but I can't for the life of me remember which book it was in. I know they came from Enfield. I didn't know them but I once saw Ronnie in action giving someone from another firm a kicking on the Paxton. I was just interested if you knew of them at all?
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

For Leggy. Empty Re: For Leggy.

Post by spurslegend Mon Jan 11 2010, 08:01

THE NAMES DONT RING A BELL BAZ I USED TO TRAVEL WITH ROBINS WE WERE ABOUT 100 STRONG SAMMY AND OTHERS THERE WERE A LOT OUT OF ENFIELD MY LOT WERE OUT OF KILBURN WE WENT ABOUT 15 HANDED WE USE TO JOIN UP WITH KEITH AND SAM AT THE BRICK LAYERS I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IF THEY WERE BANG AT IT WE MUST HAVE STOOD SIDE BY SIDE A FEW TIMES LOL I KNOW A LOT ON HERE WOULD SAY DICK HEADS THUGS AND THINGS BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU BAZ THERE WASENT A DRUG OR DRINK THAT COULD TOUCH THE BUZZ YOU GOT GOING TOE TO TOE WITH ANOTHER FIRM OR TAKING A END WORDS COULD NEVER TOUCH IT SAD I KNOW LOL

Post by Guest Mon Jan 11 2010, 09:02

spurslegend wrote:THE NAMES DONT RING A BELL BAZ I USED TO TRAVEL WITH ROBINS WE WERE ABOUT 100 STRONG SAMMY AND OTHERS THERE WERE A LOT OUT OF ENFIELD MY LOT WERE OUT OF KILBURN WE WENT ABOUT 15 HANDED WE USE TO JOIN UP WITH KEITH AND SAM AT THE BRICK LAYERS I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IF THEY WERE BANG AT IT WE MUST HAVE STOOD SIDE BY SIDE A FEW TIMES LOL I KNOW A LOT ON HERE WOULD SAY DICK HEADS THUGS AND THINGS BUT I HAVE TO TELL YOU BAZ THERE WASENT A DRUG OR DRINK THAT COULD TOUCH THE BUZZ YOU GOT GOING TOE TO TOE WITH ANOTHER FIRM OR TAKING A END WORDS COULD NEVER TOUCH IT SAD I KNOW LOL

Dave, no insult intended, but where you not a child of your times ? I used to go to Gillingham a lot in the 80's and from time to time there was mischeif to be had. It was a fact of life back then that violence happend in and around football matches. It still happens tho' less regular and it's still a fact of life that young lads will look for a tear-up, be it in a pub, club or on some wasteland. Do you think the game has lost some of it's atmosphere since the clamp down on the chaps ? Or do you feel that games are more approachable these days ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 11 2010, 09:09

Would that be Sammy Skies (Spelling) Dave? He once stopped me from getting nicked at Derby lol. Well I think it was him. I was having an argument with a copper on the station. My brother Lee was on the outside and I had his ticket but the old Bill closed the outside doors that led from the street to the Station inside, I panicked a bit. and kicked the doors open only to be grabbed by a Copper on the other side. As I was arguing with the Copper a black geezer with some other blokes came up and told the copper to let me go lol. I knew he must be Spurs because of the accent. He just came over and said" Oi copper let him go" I was well surprised. The Copper told him to move on and mind his own business but the bl;ack geezer went nose to nose and the copper just released his grip the geezer grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the way and said go on off you go lol. I walked off up the platform and me and Lee looked back and they were still having words. I never saw the bloke again. I was well grateful.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Jan 12 2010, 04:44

yeah baz skysi (SPELLING) GOOD GEEZER SAMI GOT A LOT OF TIME FOR HIM HAVENT SEEN HIM IN A LONG TIME HAD A CHAT WITH KEITHY ROBINS A FEW MONTHS BACK HES LOOKING OLD LOL AS WE ALL DO LOL
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Jan 12 2010, 05:55

Tell me about it Dave. The years just seem to fly by.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 11:34