The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
VILLA MATCH EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
VILLA MATCH EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
VILLA MATCH EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
VILLA MATCH EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
VILLA MATCH EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
VILLA MATCH EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
VILLA MATCH EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
VILLA MATCH EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
VILLA MATCH EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

VILLA MATCH Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

VILLA MATCH

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

VILLA MATCH Empty VILLA MATCH

Post by SuneJim Sat Feb 06 2010, 01:29

This is a must win for me if we have real Top 4 ambitions. Especially at home. Villa are a team that are in the same chasing pack as us. This may surprise a few of you but i think Chelsea & Man U are the untouchables in my opinion. Then come the Filth, The Gooners just a bit better than the chasing pack but not quite on a par with the big two. So that leaves Us, Villa, Citeh & Pool all after 4th so we must win simple as.

I'm happy we got through the Cup Game at Leeds with out calling on Palacios & Modric as they will both play key parts in the game if we are to win. It has to be Palacios & THudd in the middle to mix it with the Villa engine room.

Modric & Bentley will be key pushing forward to keep the likes of Downing & Young or Milner on the back foot.

It's obvious King will be brought back but i'm not sure i'd bring him in for Bassong i'd give Dawson a rest personally. But thinking on it Harry will go with Dawson for his aerial capabilities against a team that has not much more than dead-ball situations to fallback on. This is another reason i'm happy to see Crouch from the off for this one defending the near post at dead-ball set pieces.

Defoe has found his goal touch again & will be a handful. I'd like to see a little cameo from Eider as well he's the sort of intelligent player that will fit right in with Modric, Kranjcar & THudd.

I think we should win but it's going to be one hell of a game that i'm really looking forward to.

Gomes
    Corluka Dawson King/Bassong Bale
    Bentley Palacios Huddlestone Modric
    Defoe Crouch
    Sub's
    Alnwich Kaboul Walker Jenas
    Kranjcar Pavlyuchenko Gudjohnsen
    Bassong for Kaboul ,if King plays or Pavlyuchenko if he's injured still.

VILLA MATCH Empty Re: VILLA MATCH

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06 2010, 01:32

not only win, but batter them and knock their confidence for the rest of the season!!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06 2010, 02:14

This is like a Cup match in the league Jim. For me it's a must win tho' my head says draw I go with my heart for victory . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Feb 06 2010, 05:08

[quote="burger777"]hope they have got ball boys (try wimbledon burg ?) and spare balls ( you could always strap a pair on mate ) VILLA MATCH Lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Feb 06 2010, 08:04

i reckon you just gonna dissapear before the chelski match burger in case they hammer you and we cant give you some, hang on in there til after that game, you cant deny us the pleasure burg. lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 06 2010, 09:34

shearspur wrote:i reckon you just gonna dissapear before the chelski match burger in case they hammer you and we cant give you some, hang on in there til after that game, you cant deny us the pleasure burg. lol

That's what I like Shear good old banter mate lol.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 06 2010, 23:54

Ok I cut it back to the bare bones and then put it back up. Jim, you can move it back to the basket if you want.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 09 2010, 07:32

Just put a post up to put this back at the top so everyone can see it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 18:58