The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
The Pav Situation. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
The Pav Situation. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
The Pav Situation. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
The Pav Situation. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
The Pav Situation. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
The Pav Situation. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
The Pav Situation. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
The Pav Situation. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
The Pav Situation. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

The Pav Situation. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
djfitzo
shearspur
6 posters

The Pav Situation.

The Pav Situation. Empty The Pav Situation.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 07:32

What I find heartbreaking about all this, is the fact we'd done all the hard work by the summer.
    You know, new player to this league, hadn't had a break for a year, time to settle in and all that.
    I was looking forward to seeing a fresh Pav this season, in the mix with Crouch, Defoe and Keane for a starting place.
    But the guy has been totally and utterly frozen out.
    We all saw against Leeds a few weeks back what quality he has, and I for one am not at all happy with Harry for his disgraceful treatment of an obviously talented striker.
    Especially the way we are so short of goals now, which Harry admitted himself last week.

The Pav Situation. Empty Re: The Pav Situation.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 07:41

Something has happened lought, or is it just that pav isnt a harry type player, we had it with graham and ginola.

God how i would love ginola from the 1990s in this team now, and i would give him a free role, he was a creative player, others could do the chasing back because his contribution was massive going forward at defences.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 08:22

yep ginola made things happen. the amount of time he got graham out of the sh*t and then goes and sells him to villa.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 15 2010, 08:48

i agree pav should be given a chance now but i cant understand all the slating of crouch because you want pav on. crouch is a decent player hes scored for us and made goals for us through hard graft on the pitch.it seems fashionable to knock the guy cos were going through a sticky patch .just what is he doing wrong ? is it his fault if harry picks him.when hes on he does his best and works hard for the team taking knock after knock from defenders which he should get free kicks from but dont cos of his size.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:06

how many games has he had now and hes hardly scored. hes best game was blackburn away. yea he works hes socks off but thats it. he cant hold the ball up. he needs 3 touches to get the ball under controll . cant shoot cant run. and gets pushed of the ball so easly. kevin davies and there other striker made defoe n crouch look poor.
    defoe will never be world class cos he isnt a team player. a world class striker is somone like rooney who knows when sumone is in better poitsion. and would rather somone else scored then him
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:22

hang on, davies made defoe and crouch look poor. well they was at home and they scored 1 and we scored 1, we looked more likely winners 2nd half. and i would rather have defoe than 95 % than any other teams strikers. rooney-torres apart

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:26

i rekon if harry asked him who he would wana play up front with he would pick pav.
    Pav will be the reason in my opinion why Rednapp will be sacked. He is cutting his nose to spit his face. Obviously he has some prob with him but playing that pathetic piece of sh*t Crouch will result in his P45. Any other manager would have given him his chance by now, we saw this happen with Jol towards the end stubbornly refusing to play Defoe and look what happened to him. The same will happen mark my words I guarantee it, PAV deserves his chance and is it no coincidence that since Crouch has started games our performances have started to get worse by the game!!! You wont see the best of Modric and Tom playing Crouch, NEVER!!!! BYE BYE HARRY you TWAT!!!!
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:35

lought come on mate. how you can call crouch that i dont get it. weve got to 4th with crouch and dropped places lately not all because of him. all i can think is he forgot to send your roses today for your bitterness. lol

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:39

no we didnt. we was playin well the 1st 10 games and crouch was comming off the bench. then crouch started games and now we won 3 in 12. aganst fulham leeds and the fa cup 3rd round forgot who that was aganst
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:46

ok but keanes gone

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:51

yep hes gone after harry sayin 2 weeks before that he wouldnt sell keane for all the money in the world. then sends him out on loan lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 15 2010, 09:57

lought ive been there at games were ive been chanting for pav to come on. i want to see him play but to blame crouch for all our shortcomings is wrong, hes scored goals and he wins balls. to compare him to bent i know who i would rather have.harrys keane statement was a bit weird but he hasnt sold him yet. i am as frustrated as you mate at our lack of form but crouch aint the whipping boy imo

Post by Guest Mon Feb 15 2010, 10:05

yea il admit i dont like crouch but he does work hes socks off. to be honest i cant stand defoe lol
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 15 2010, 10:26

lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 15 2010, 20:24

Your right Shear its not Crouchs fault and he does give 110%, but to be honest he was pretty woeful against Bolton, as for Lought mentioning Davies, do you really want to go that way? pumping long balls up to him to back in a buy a foul so they can sling another long ball in, sure their goal came from a good move, but i counted abt 3 passing moves from Bolton in the 90 minutes!! we dont score many headers and lately any goals we have scored have come from passing moves, so Crouchs involvement
    in them was limited, as for Pav, we would all like to see him play, but him having a 10 minute cameo against a tiring Leeds is a bit diff to playing in a prem league this year thats been harder then previous ones and if it is personal with Harry, then thats gone on in clubs for years, not just ours, frustrating I know, but we are not unique.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 15 2010, 21:37

As I said in another post I don't like Crouch. Not on a personal level of course, I am sure he is a very nice fella. I just don't think he is what we need at Spurs. I remember when the rumors first appeared that we were going to buy Crouch. If I remember rightly there was a collective gasp of horror on here. Many were very strong in their opinion of him and his style of play and that we would turn into a long ball team. I think he can hold the ball and he can win the ball quite well but he doesn't score enough goals to be twin striker alongside Defoe. As has been said, I think he would be better coming off the bench as an impact sub.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Feb 15 2010, 21:46

Only reason Arry bought Crouch is to perve on Crouch missus Abby Sexy Clancy The Pav Situation. 692316
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 15 2010, 21:51

I think Harrys got his hands full with Louise Mark!!
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Feb 15 2010, 22:12

3 some with them two The Pav Situation. Lol The Pav Situation. 692316 The Pav Situation. 692316 The Pav Situation. 692316
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 15 2010, 22:53

ooohhhhh matron!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 16 2010, 00:59

PMSL. Dirty Barstewards the pair of you.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 16 2010, 01:01

Tell you what Baz have a look on the sun website at Crouchys birds body painting, now tell me that if he wasnt a pro footie player, reminds me of the joke reporter to crouch "what would you be if you wernt a pro footballer crouch " a virgin"
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 16 2010, 01:08

Lol, Dj

Post by Guest Tue Feb 16 2010, 02:10

I think Pavy would have got at least 20 minutes yesterday if Knight hadn't have gone off. The tall man in their back 4 gone must have made 'arry think it would be worth leaving Crouch on for. Could be wrong . . . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 16 2010, 02:17

VisionarySound wrote:I think Pavy would have got at least 20 minutes yesterday if Knight hadn't have gone off. The tall man in their back 4 gone must have made 'arry think it would be worth leaving Crouch on for. Could be wrong . . . . . . .

Poss Vis, but facts is facts, the 3 goals against Leeds and the one against Bolton, all came from passing moves, thats what were good at and brings the most results, not the odd goal from one of Crouchys knock downs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 21:03